Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
autofocus on the Mavic 2 zoom
2120 5 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quentyn
First Officer
Flight distance : 37759 ft
United Kingdom

i appreciate its my fault for not telling the MP2 to focus on the *item I was active tracking* but surely a sensible default would be focus on the thing that is being tracked ?

i just drove my car through a ford and though it would a cool shot to have the MP2 track me as i drove through which it did but didnt focus on the car at all.... indeed I have no idea what it focused on

i know my previous experience has been with a spark where its lens was prefocused to infinity but what did i do wrong here ? do i manually have to focus on the item i want to track before setting up active track ? is there a setting i have messed up or is this just user error ?

Quentyn
2018-9-28
Use props
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is that the video file off the mavic or of the tablet/phone?  It looks like the file from the phone/tablet.
2018-9-28
Use props
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh, and nice driving!
2018-9-28
Use props
Quentyn
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blellow Posted at 2018-9-28 10:11
Is that the video file off the mavic or of the tablet/phone?  It looks like the file from the phone/tablet.

off of the memory card then edited and sampled from 4k down to 1080p for youtube
2018-9-28
Use props
Quentyn
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blellow Posted at 2018-9-28 10:11
Oh, and nice driving!

thankyou will need to go back and reshoot. This time the other person can do the off road driving and I will video. Though its not their fault as I set up the shot and its impossible to see if its in focus on the phone view
2018-9-28
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.4
United States

Quentyn Posted at 9-28 10:28
thankyou  will need to go back and reshoot. This time the other person can do the off road driving and I will video. Though its not their fault as I set up the shot and its impossible to see if its in focus on the phone view

I ruined a shoot this weekend by counting on AFC.  Continuous auto focus.  Since the area was snow covered, I placed the Mavic 2 Pro in the bed of my truck for takeoff.  I noticed it did a good job of focusing on the sides of the bed, quite close.  After takeoff, since I was using a small iPhone rather than the Crystalsky, I did not notice the blurred image at altitude.  After returning home, I realized the mistake. The footage was unusable.  I see that I have to tap the screen at some distant waypoint while flying, in order to get the camera to focus at almost infinity. The camera remained at a close focus setting throughout a 15 minute flight, 300 hundred feet in the air.  Using tripod mode for a panoramic look around, I had expected a pleasing result.  What a disappointment.
2018-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules