1378 8 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was checking my Mavic Air to see if .500 is available yet. It gave me the usual warning to update the Precise Fly Database. When it goes onto the update page it immediately stops with a ‘continue downloading ’ screen. Touching this just brings up the same message and the update will not continue. Tried it on two of my iOS devices through the 4.3.3 app. Anyone experiencing the same problem or have a fix? Thanks, Iain
2018-9-29
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33212 ft
Philippines

I seem to have the same problem.  I just connected it to DJI assistant 2 and no updates.  now connected my controller, phone and drone and launched the DJI app on android and it popped up with the message once i entered camera view, saying that Update database.  clicked on update now and the app closed immediately so click report and sent the report.  will fully charge the controller and drone and see what happens.
After fully charging air, rc and note 4, still getting the same error.
2018-9-29
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

georgieB Posted at 2018-9-29 02:49
I seem to have the same problem.  I just connected it to DJI assistant 2 and no updates.  now connected my controller, phone and drone and launched the DJI app on android and it popped up with the message once i entered camera view, saying that Update database.  clicked on update now and the app closed immediately so click report and sent the report.  will fully charge the controller and drone and see what happens.

Thanks georgieB. I tried Assistant 2 as well and it would not update either. Hopefully someone from DJI will pick this up and sort it for us.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We regret to know you are having problems with updating to the latest firmware. Make sure you update DJI GO 4 to the latest 4.3.0 version or higher before updating the firmware. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete. Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to the factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference. The firmware update resets the camera settings. GEO zone authorization will be disabled after this firmware update. Please reinstall it again. If the firmware update fails, please restart aircraft, DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 and retry.
2018-9-29
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft

DJI - please read the OP carefully! He’s not talking about the FW, it’s the Precise Fly Database thatvwont download!!
2018-9-29
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-29 04:24
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We regret to know you are having problems with updating to the latest firmware. Make sure you update DJI GO 4 to the latest 4.3.0 version or higher before updating the firmware. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete. Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to the factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference. The firmware update resets the camera settings. GEO zone authorization will be disabled after this firmware update. Please reinstall it again. If the firmware update fails, please restart aircraft, DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 and retry.

Thank you DJI Gamora but as also kindly pointed out by InvisibleName 7 it is the Precision Fly Database I am referring to.
2018-9-29
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

It’s not important the precise fly safe database, I can’t update it either for like a month now.
I asked before and ppl here on the forum told me just to skip it and forget about it.
It doesn’t improve anything, it just makes your drone worse as I was told.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-29
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-29 05:57
It’s not important the precise fly safe database, I can’t update it either for like a month now.
I asked before and ppl here on the forum told me just to skip it and forget about it.
It doesn’t improve anything, it just makes your drone worse as I was told.

Thank you Alex B. I am aware I don’t need them, but just highlighting an issue for DJI to be aware of and sort for us. I wanted to check if it was just me who had the issue. Take care.
2018-9-29
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All sorted today. .500 firmware and precise fly databases updated with no trouble.
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules