re: Firmware update
1628 10 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

I saw a FB post where today (9-29-18) there was a Goggles update.

Perhaps I misread but I don't see any announcement on this board.

2018-9-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

New firmware has only been released for the DJI Goggles Racing Edition. You can find those release notes here:

https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles-re/downloads
2018-9-29
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

msinger Posted at 2018-9-29 08:44
New firmware has only been released for the DJI Goggles Racing Edition. You can find those release notes here:

https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles-re/downloads

Release notes don't say much other than wireless tutorial.

Is there an actual 'firmware' update somewhere?
2018-9-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The actual firmware update can be installed using the DJI Assistant 2 application. That installer is also available at the above link.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi geoffz, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. You may view the latest update here: https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles-re/downloads. Thank you.

2018-9-29
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did upgrade hoping that DJI did something useful. Well, they fixed Assistant - that is good, but the new firmware for the goggles seemed to only add this super sillious PORTRAIT mode. Why on God’s earth would anyone care to do that using goggles? I wish they would have spent the obvious “B” engineering team’s time to implement a partial head tracking mode that would ONLY use up-down head movements to control gimbal pitch! Should be trivial to add, but it would be ansoluely awesome!
2018-10-1
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 2018-10-1 16:10
I did upgrade hoping that DJI did something useful. Well, they fixed Assistant - that is good, but the new firmware for the goggles seemed to only add this super sillious PORTRAIT mode. Why on God’s earth would anyone care to do that using goggles? I wish they would have spent the obvious “B” engineering team’s time to implement a partial head tracking mode that would ONLY use up-down head movements to control gimbal pitch! Should be trivial to add, but it would be ansoluely awesome!

Another note on this and prior FW. The RE goggles still don’t know anything about the Mavic 2. For some reason it gives me D-Cinelike option, but not DlogM.  After accepting it, who knows what the M2P will do with that. This is only the beginning... What are DJI doing???
2018-10-1
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 2018-10-1 16:24
Another note on this and prior FW. The RE goggles still don’t know anything about the Mavic 2. For some reason it gives me D-Cinelike option, but not DlogM.  After accepting it, who knows what the M2P will do with that. This is only the beginning... What are DJI doing???

Another really annoying item is that even after a successful upgrade (as claimed by assistant) it will still not show Current on the firmware and in turn suggests to upgrade again. This can be repeated over and over.
2018-10-1
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 2018-10-1 16:28
Another really annoying item is that even after a successful upgrade (as claimed by assistant) it will still not show Current on the firmware and in turn suggests to upgrade again. This can be repeated over and over.

I don’t want to be too insulting, but a little bit can go a long way: DJI, pleas kick your “B” engineering team in the butt and get things fixed and integrated correctly.
Thank you!
2018-10-1
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 2018-10-1 16:30
I don’t want to be too insulting, but a little bit can go a long way: DJI, pleas kick your “B” engineering team in the butt and get things fixed and integrated correctly.
Thank you!

Well, I am starting to think the “branch” of firmware making up 1.7000 is not based on the 1.6000 release and I will have to downgrade to 1.600 to get back to “normal”. DJI, would you please shed some light on this?
Thanks!
2018-10-1
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 2018-10-1 16:50
Well, I am starting to think the “branch” of firmware making up 1.7000 is not based on the 1.6000 release and I will have to downgrade to 1.600 to get back to “normal”. DJI, would you please shed some light on this?
Thanks!

Not sure how this happened to fix the upgrade problem. When I first used the goggles after the .700 upgrade, during the flight Go4 crashed with an error message “inconsistent firmware....”.

Resetting the goggles and reconnecting both RC and Goggles to the M2P fixed the weirdness. The strange “set portrait” has disappeared and the correct versions are displayed in the “about” of the RC.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules