1350 6 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miked2111
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307904 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,
I have not used my p4p+ since the end of may.
When i turned it on to carry out my per flight test after charging, i found that i only have a blank map.
When i go to reload my offline maps for the uk, i only have maps for china.
is anyone having the same type of problem you are all having or is this something different.
The P4P dose set the home point, os am i right in thinking the RTH will work?

thanks
Mike

2018-9-29
Use props
TomZ5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3579 ft

Yes, I am here in the U.S.  I now have a choice of a map that does not work or a map that is all black.  So I am flying without a map at present.  This happened a few days ago.  Working with two DJI guys on the, and so far no answers.  I think they updated the map somehow with out my permisson or request.  Just happened.  Maybe we are the test people.  Well, they failed.  Never thought of the RTH.  God, I hope it works or we are all in trouble.
2018-10-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Having maps or not has nothing to do with the RTH function working. as long as the home point is set, it will return home.
2018-10-5
Use props
The5harrelsons
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1712979 ft
United States

This is so stupid.  I am now required to download a tiny section of a map before I decide to fly.  I don’t always plan where I fly, it is spontaneous but DJI expects everyone to not use a map that already worked fine of a whole region and now download a tiny spec the size of my neighborhood. When you zoom out the little blue box gets smaller and smaller so it is worthless
2019-10-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The5harrelsons Posted at 10-25 11:40
This is so stupid.  I am now required to download a tiny section of a map before I decide to fly.  I don’t always plan where I fly, it is spontaneous but DJI expects everyone to not use a map that already worked fine of a whole region and now download a tiny spec the size of my neighborhood. When you zoom out the little blue box gets smaller and smaller so it is worthless

You can solve it by using a device with cellular capability, then it will load the map from the Internet in real time when you are out in the field.
2019-10-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That’s also why I bought the iPad Air2 with Cellular, & it contains the GPS module.

RedHotPoker
2019-10-25
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

With the P4P+ controller the offline map option is pretty useless. If you hotspot/link your mobile phone to the + controller you will have live mapping as long as your mobile has cellular coverage.
2019-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules