DJI Assistant not signed. Can't be used on Mac.
1507 5 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronePilot_01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

The DJI Assistant app is not signed and cannot be installed on Mac OS without turning off important security features. Running unsigned code from China is not a great idea. How can I register my new DJI Goggles on the Mac or using the iOS app?
2018-9-29
Use props
DronePilot_01
lvl.4
United States

Solution: I used a copy of a Windows 7 VM in Parallels on my Mac to safely install DJI assistant. This is the most secure method of installation I could come up with on short notice. Even Windows complains that the publisher is unknown and then asks if you want to trust a bunch of Chinese characters. Ya. That's not sketchy at all.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Good thing you were able to use a different computer so that you can activate the DJI Goggles. For additional information, you can activate the DJI Goggles using DJI Go 4 app. You may refer to this tutorial:
2018-9-30
Use props
DronePilot_01
lvl.4
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-30 02:42
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Good thing you were able to use a different computer so that you can activate the DJI Goggles. For additional information, you can activate the DJI Goggles using DJI Go 4 app. You may refer to this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWv88cCMNMM

I used the same computer but with a virtual machine to run Windows 10.
You said you can use the DJI GO iOS app to register the Goggles and refers to the video but the DJI Go app can only be used with the Mavic Pro to activate the Goggles (as stated in the video). It will not allow you to do this with any other drone. Have you ever watched the video?
The tutorial just says to install the DJI Assistant app and does not mention that it is not signed or what to do when the Mac refuses to install it.
The DJI Assistant app has not been code signed since it was originally released. I reported this to DJI on several occasions in the past but it was never fixed.
To code sign an app you just need a $99 Apple developer account which I suspect DJI can afford.
The buttons in the notification e-mail I received do not work when you click on them.
DJI support is working as well as ever I see.
2018-9-30
Use props
DronePilot_01
lvl.4
United States

I have submitted this as a security issue to Apple's Bug Reporter. Apple should not be selling DJI products in the Apple Stores if the company refuses to code sign their apps.
2018-10-2
Use props
epetit91_djiuser
lvl.4
France

Yes, DronePilot_01 you're right.
2018-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules