Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released(2018.09.30)
123Next >
22804 82 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Call me paranoid but, I have lost some confidence in and just simply don't trust DJI's FW updates as I once did.  Not sure I will be updating anything anytime soon.........My beta testing days here are just too exhausing and stressful.

Chuck Yeager, I salute you!!

I know for some here, there appears they have no choice but to update, totally reasonable....GL and may the Shenzhen force be with you!!

Kudos though to the engineers on the M2P.........Love'in it every flight, very nice bird to fly.

2018-10-1
Use props
fansa7801ef3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1826755 ft

Has anyone had a problem with the update?
2018-10-2
Use props
fans206e8cc5
lvl.1
Hong Kong

fansa7801ef3 Posted at 2018-10-2 04:21
Has anyone had a problem with the update?

Yes i did, it says IMU error all the times now...not flyable
2018-10-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI,

Can you confirm if this new firmware also fixed the error a lot of folks were getting;  "Motor Current Error.  Check your propellers and fly with Caution" ?    Nothing in the DJI notes regarding this specific error message...leaves me wondering if it was fixed or not?

2018-10-2
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-10-2 07:11
DJI,

Can you confirm if this new firmware also fixed the error a lot of folks were getting;  "Motor Current Error.  Check your propellers and fly with Caution" ?    Nothing in the DJI notes regarding this specific error message...leaves me wondering if it was fixed or not?

"Fixed the issue where the abnormal current warning appeared too frequently in some situations."  

DJI didn't specifically say "motor" here but, I think the only "abnormal current" error message we ever got was always the motor current? right?.....Was on mine anyway, not sure in all cases though but, I think it's implied here.

2018-10-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-10-2 07:32
"Fixed the issue where the abnormal current warning appeared too frequently in some situations."  

DJI didn't specifically say "motor" here but, I think the only "abnormal current" error message we ever got was always the motor current? right?.....Was on mine anyway, not sure in all cases though but, I think it's implied here.

Yeah, now that you mention it that makes sense.  Reading through some of the other threads looks like some other issues may have popped up.  I'm sitting tight for now to see how this all plays out.

I haven't updated my Mavic Air firmware in quite some time and it runs great!  If not broken...don't fix it!  

Thanks for the response...
2018-10-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-10-1 18:37
Call me paranoid but, I have lost some confidence in and just simply don't trust DJI's FW updates as I once did.  Not sure I will be updating anything anytime soon.........My beta testing days here are just too exhausing and stressful.

You said it!   I just don't beta test these firmware updates anymore.  My Mavic Air works good enough (I'm in the USA).    To frustrating waiting to see what breaks when a new firmware is available.  Little faith left in these firmware updates.

Agree on your comments on the Mavic 2 Pro...

In short, if it's not broke...DON'T TRY AND FIX IT....best advise I can offer to others.  For those who have to update..hang in there.  
2018-10-2
Use props
djiuser_1Iyp39MHVx7a
lvl.1
United States

When my new digi air arrives will I have to update the firmware or did they come up to date does anyone know

Thank you in advance very excited to get my first drone
2018-10-2
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_1Iyp39MHVx7a Posted at 2018-10-2 11:06
When my new digi air arrives will I have to update the firmware or did they come up to date does anyone know

Thank you in advance very excited to get my first drone

Most likely dependent on where you got it from and how long it may have sat on the shelf..........e.g., if you got it from DJI, it should be close to up to date if not back only one rev. If you got it from a Mom and Pop shop or ever Best Buy, it could be out dated back to the very beginning rev. Just have to check when ya get it.

And BTW, welcome aboard, plz fly safe and sane always. Perhaps a small bit of advice? Plz set a good example for all of us, we're all in this together. Plz follow the rules of the sky, always do pre-flight checks, learn and read from others here, lots of good folks here with tons of experience (both good and bad). And best of all, learn from our mistakes, you don't have to make the same ones we already have. ;)
2018-10-2
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
Mexico

Ridg Posted at 2018-9-30 05:49
once assigned, pressing and holding the custom button and then moving the gimbal dial will adjust the shutter speed

NB this is a jog action e.g. holding the dial left or right will no continue to cycle through shutter speeds.

This not working for me... Or I just not understand right.
2018-10-3
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Thank you.  Highly appreciated!!!
2018-10-3
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

All,

Anyone able to confirm if your able to do a rollback in the DJI Assistant app for this firmware release (0.0500)?  I'm curious if it's even an option this go around.  If I'm not mistaken users were not able to do a roll-back on the previous firmware update (0.0400).  
2018-10-3
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-10-3 11:50
All,

Anyone able to confirm if your able to do a rollback in the DJI Assistant app for this firmware release (0.0500)?  I'm curious if it's even an option this go around.  If I'm not mistaken users were not able to do a roll-back on the previous firmware update (0.0400).

Hi there,

I can confirm that after updating to 0500 via Assistant 2 1.2.4, when I checked, 0400 was still displayed as a rollback option.

Cheers
2018-10-3
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-10-3 13:46
Hi there,

I can confirm that after updating to 0500 via Assistant 2 1.2.4, when I checked, 0400 was still displayed as a rollback option.

Thank you!  Appreciate that you let me know...good information.  Cheers!  
2018-10-3
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-10-3 13:46
Hi there,

Oh, one more question (and if you have time).  Can you tell me if you can rollback from 0.0500 all the way back to 0.300?  

I actually had to install the older version of DJI Assistant for me to log into my Mavic Air.  I'm thinking that had something to do with me still being on the older firmware 0.300.  Assistant 2 just wasn't recognizing my Mavic Air on the older firmware.  Would be nice if the newest version recognized all the firmware versions.  DJI....If your listening....  
2018-10-4
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-10-4 04:52
Oh, one more question (and if you have time).  Can you tell me if you can rollback from 0.0500 all the way back to 0.300?  

I actually had to install the older version of DJI Assistant for me to log into my Mavic Air.  I'm thinking that had something to do with me still being on the older firmware 0.300.  Assistant 2 just wasn't recognizing my Mavic Air on the older firmware.  Would be nice if the newest version recognized all the firmware versions.  DJI....If your listening....

Unfortunately no, the software now only shows 0400 and 0500 as available FW's, so no option to go back to 0300
2018-10-4
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-10-4 08:30
Unfortunately no, the software now only shows 0400 and 0500 as available FW's, so no option to go back to 0300

I see..thanks for checking!  I appreciate that.  I don't think anyone should be rolling back to 0.0400 (to many issues).  
2018-10-4
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-10-4 09:58
I see..thanks for checking!  I appreciate that.  I don't think anyone should be rolling back to 0.0400 (to many issues).

Fully agree!
2018-10-4
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Edison,  Have you been able to go up yet?
2018-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So I have just updated to .500, I didn’t use assistant nor did I need to use assistant, in all my time updating FW only once was I forced to use assistant, always managed with no problems to update through dji go4 app, and this was the same with .500 .

I tested today, so at first when I launched I noticed video feed slightly glitchy, and kept getting strong interference warning, so switched off Bluetooth in airplane mode and the same problem , flew for about 50% battery, decided to come in and land to check everything was ok, and when landing I noticed I had forgot to lower one of the legs, so just hand caught, dropped leg and took off again, video latency was perfect warnings gone, so just be careful to check legs are down when flying.

So I tried distance, no issues, sport mode no issues, tripod, active track, tap fly all modes , POI and all quick shot modes and had no issues, I tried hovering at approx 40 metres height in 15mph winds and Mavic Air remained very stable, both locked in sport and P mode. RTH with no issues, all sensors OA all working as they should, APAS although I have used this very little I thought I noticed that it was now a bit more responsive where before it may just stop, nw it seemed to make a bigger effort to move around the object.

New option to change SS works as it should and similar to Mavic Pro . Photos and video no change, Certainly for me .500 is working well as per test . There were some problems with .300 as we can read on the forum and some of these continued with .400 and some more like motor current warning, I didn’t have any of these problems with exception of motor current, so fo me FW .500 is an improvement on all other FW’s for Mavic Air.
2018-10-5
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-5 05:13
So I have just updated to .500, I didn’t use assistant nor did I need to use assistant, in all my time updating FW only once was I forced to use assistant, always managed with no problems to update through dji go4 app, and this was the same with .500 .

I tested today, so at first when I launched I noticed video feed slightly glitchy, and kept getting strong interference warning, so switched off Bluetooth in airplane mode and the same problem , flew for about 50% battery, decided to come in and land to check everything was ok, and when landing I noticed I had forgot to lower one of the legs, so just hand caught, dropped leg and took off again, video latency was perfect warnings gone, so just be careful to check legs are down when flying.

Thank You for results of testing. Looks now i can update as well
2018-10-5
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220814 ft
Malta

My MA was upgraded and went for a couple of flights today. All worked fine except that when I took an asteroid it seems camera crashed after 20sec. Afterwards I was not able to capture video or take photos and when trying to switch between photo mode and video mode nothing happened. I had to land the MA and reboot it to make it work again. Are you aware of such problem?
2018-10-6
Use props
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hey guys, this is a little walk through where I did this update. Seems all is well on my side after the update so far *crosses fingers*

2018-10-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mouthpiec Posted at 2018-10-6 07:51
My MA was upgraded and went for a couple of flights today. All worked fine except that when I took an asteroid it seems camera crashed after 20sec. Afterwards I was not able to capture video or take photos and when trying to switch between photo mode and video mode nothing happened. I had to land the MA and reboot it to make it work again. Are you aware of such problem?

That sounds like a new issue.  Haven't heard of that one anywhere else.  Keep us posted if it happens again and perhaps upload your logs for DJI to look at to see if they can identify what may have happened.  
2018-10-8
Use props
Reeflex053
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23481 ft

I upgraded to .0500 this afternoon and went out to test things, I was able to test the new gimbal/camera adjustment and that worked fine which is a great addition, my MA hovered very stable and I had no left/right yaw runaways, everything looked to be great but after a few more flights I got a black screen with the options of landing at the take off point or manually, I was not able to switch back into either camera or video mode but was still able to control the MA and land. This is not something you want to happen when she's a long way off!! Has anyone else had maybe similar problems?
2018-10-8
Use props
Reeflex053
lvl.1

Bythe way, this problem happened twice in a row so I quit flying and have just downgraded to .0400 again. I'll test again tomorrow and see if things work as before and maybe upgrade again to .0500 and retest ... all I can do at the moment and just hope things are better.
2018-10-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-10-4 12:40
Edison,  Have you been able to go up yet?

Hi 3-D,

Sorry for the late response, in between dealing with DJI to give me a replacement M2P, which they now have, and the bad weather, I hadn't taken my MA up after 0500 update until just today, and sad to say, I was NOT impressed...

This was only my second flight on 0500; the first flight was great, albeit still experiencing a yaw glitch upon takeoff, just less pronounced than before.

Today, I went into a field near by my home where previously had zero-to-minimal signal interference, to do some close-range hover, yaw and signal tests.

The video linked below is me hovering the MA at 1.5-2ft away from me when it was disconnecting, and then out to 6ft when it re-connected. Also note the GPS lock-ins going crazy near the beginning of the footage.

Bottom line, if this is what I am to expect from 0500, I'll be downgrading to 0400 in short order! I could not test further due to weather conditions still being poor, but they are supposed to improve tomorrow, so will try again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh5zetgh5q1e4ww/MA%200500%20FW%20Test%20Flight.m4v?dl=0
2018-10-8
Use props
Reeflex053
lvl.1
Germany

So, after updating FW again yestrday to .0500 I went out to test. I flew 5 batteries all down to 20% and had no issues during either long or short, high or low range flights, the MA hovered as if nailed to th spot and landed with RTH within a few cm of the lift-off spot and no issues on any of the other modes either. All's OK and I hope it stays that way!!

Good luck and fly safely everybody!!
2018-10-10
Use props
rgischig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3239948 ft
Switzerland

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-10-1 07:37
Flew 1 battery yesterday. Today I rechecked all parameters, recalibrated the sticks and flew another battery. I didnt get the yaw issue (yet) but on both occasions I noticed the AC sometimes drifting to the right. I dont know if it was due to the wind but I remember it used to fly straighter on previous FW.

I flew the MavicAir today the first time with the .0500. I also noticed that the drone did move left or right while climbing or decanting. I did not see this with earlier versions... especially closer to ground the drone was moving quite a bit, about 1-2m left/right...
let's see if anyone else seen this as well
2018-10-10
Use props
fanse668223f
New
United States

Well, my aircraft updated just as I was trying to get a great shot and turned it on.  Missed that shot.  Then, for days I have been trying to update the remote but everytime it says, "Update Failed.  Restart the equipment..........."!!!  Sooooooooooooo  Frustrating  -  Plus, Using my Samsung S8, it crashes all the time when I am trying to change settings during flight.  DJI needs to get this fixed...
2018-10-12
Use props
fanse668223f
New
United States

Well, my aircraft updated just as I was trying to get a great shot and turned it on.  Missed that shot.  Then, for days I have been trying to update the remote but everytime it says, "Update Failed.  Restart the equipment..........."!!!  Sooooooooooooo  Frustrating  -  Plus, Using my Samsung S8, it crashes all the time when I am trying to change settings during flight.  DJI needs to get this fixed...
2018-10-12
Use props
HyperFreak
lvl.1

First time poster and first time DJI user, today I finally opened my brand new Mavic Air, downloaded the latest DJI Go4 app,  connected everything, and it prompted me to download the latest firmware update, and here is the thing, it only updated the Aircraft and not the controller as shown on the DJI tutorial, is it possible that the controller did not need the firmware update ?  
2018-10-12
Use props
Skypuppy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132356 ft

Since the firmware update, I have experienced a rather puzzling occurrence- once in the air, my Mavic Air will slowly and of its own volition turn to the right. The position is otherwise static, it simply rotates right. I can swivel it back to where it was pointed and then watch as it rotates right. This has never before happened so I have no choice than suspect the update. More aggravating is that the action is not consistent, that is, that it didn’t occur all the time but you can’t predict when it will do so but it always to the right. Anyone else have a new problem?
2018-10-14
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

I keep getting the Calibrate Compass error every time on startup is anybody else getting the same thing. And before anyone ask no I am not around metal I don't get the error with the Phantom 4 pro. And I did not get this before the update.  
2018-10-14
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

Skypuppy Posted at 2018-10-14 17:11
Since the firmware update, I have experienced a rather puzzling occurrence- once in the air, my Mavic Air will slowly and of its own volition turn to the right. The position is otherwise static, it simply rotates right. I can swivel it back to where it was pointed and then watch as it rotates right. This has never before happened so I have no choice than suspect the update. More aggravating is that the action is not consistent, that is, that it didn’t occur all the time but you can’t predict when it will do so but it always to the right. Anyone else have a new problem?

I have that and some others reported the same. Damn! DJI introduces new bugs instead of fixing them. % months for nothing.
2018-10-15
Use props
ismailg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49849 ft
Kuwait

i couldn't updated yet coz of battery level is less than %50. tonight will be done ! thanks for detailed video
2018-10-17
Use props
Mavirair87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234925 ft
United States

I was not able to update via dji go 4 app this message came up. Can somebody help
Screenshot_20181023-175814.jpg
2018-11-1
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Got an aircraft disconnected error yesterday (before the update), controller was unresponsive and the drone just RTH, thankfully I was close to the RTH point and I was able catch it before landing in water..
2018-11-4
Use props
djiuser_qjBe5o9lGrqI
New

Ireland

hay i just bought my new mavic air yesterday, and it wont allow me to connect to the controller and the phone to view the camera at the same time...... like.... if i turn the AC on and the RC..... the wifi is not there anymore when i go on my phone to search for it.... and whenever i connect my drone to the pc via the type c cable to update firmware, it somehow the assistant 2 disconnects the pc from the internet? and when ever I discinnect the drone from the pc....  the internet from my home is gone on any device for 5-10 minutes?..... anyone can help me please?
2018-11-18
Use props
ChrisMechanic
lvl.1
Poland

Hi all!
I'm happy 0.300 user and as I do not have any issues with that, I'm staying in 0.300 firmware...
Just wanted to share...

Have safe flights
2018-12-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules