Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
End of section 336 for US hobbyists
508 5 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2018/09/28/502849.htm

Here is an interesting article about the current legislation in Congress (passed overwhelmingly by the House last week and to be voted in the senate next week) to do away with section 336 and have the faa oversee and set rules for all hobbyist as well as commercial uav and model aircraft flights. This will probably pass very soon!

This new legislation will require testing, proof of testing to be carried by the user, electronic ID for the uav and some more stuff.

2018-9-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doesn't sound too good!
2018-9-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was just a matter of time.
2018-9-30
Use props
Chuck101
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

As the one comment I read on the article points out it is the law abiding users that will be hurt. The problem flyers will continue on their merry way anyway.
End result: Problem will go on unabated.
2018-9-30
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

I don't see a problem with it, especially if you consider that in order for the technology to advance there has to be additional legislation. Ultimately we're moving towards drones flying farther, longer, and faster. Don't worry about the new law being implemented because we know where the technology is going and regulation attempts not to stifle innovation but promote it.
2018-9-30
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-30 10:58
I don't see a problem with it, especially if you consider that in order for the technology to advance there has to be additional legislation. Ultimately we're moving towards drones flying farther, longer, and faster. Don't worry about the new law being implemented because we know where the technology is going and regulation attempts not to stifle innovation but promote it.

I agree that this legislation is neither good nor bad it just is.  But disagree with your point about regulations being good for tech it usually hampers it - protect the few  at the cost of many
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules