Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi,

On my last shoot the Inspire 2 legs kept slowly bending out of shape.  I would prefer not to send it into DJI as I need it for another shoot next week.  Can anyone help or guide me on how to fix this myself?  How do I get the right legs to bend slightly inward again?  We had no hard landings, but each time we put the drone in the air and raised the landing gear it would slowly shift out of alignment.  Attached are some photos of the issue.  Thanks.
IMG_2844-1.jpg
IMG_2843-1.jpg

Arms bent

Arms bent
2018-9-30
Use props
fans41f3800c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

The smaller arm underneath your main one has a set screw on the end of it underneath where it attaches to the leg. That screw needs to be tightened but before you do make sure you realign your leg with the other one by putting on your props and making sure they’re even before you tighten it. That should do the trick
2018-9-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

HI
If your drone is under warranty you will need to open an repair ticket to get this fixed.

If not under warranty, then you can fix this yourself using a T9 socket tool. You need to look at both sides and see if one of the swing arm clamps is loose or has a larger gap. See the photos to help locate these clamps.  Note the clamps tighten down onto a ratcheted sleeve on the arm tubes. Loosen the clamp enough to slide it off the ratchet grooves so you can reposition the clamp into the proper location.

The alignment is done at the factory using a Jig fixture, unfortunately  you will need to measure each side with the props installed to see if you have the proper angles

Rich

IMG_9602.jpg IMG_9598.jpg IMG_9599.jpg IMG_9600.jpg IMG_9601.jpg
2018-9-30
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Thank you both for your replies.

I loosened the arm clamp but it looks like the grooves are worn down a bit.  It is aligned now, but I'll need to order a new plastic clamp piece.

2018-9-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Burlingtonfilms Posted at 2018-9-30 14:43
Thank you both for your replies.

I loosened the arm clamp but it looks like the grooves are worn down a bit.  It is aligned now, but I'll need to order a new plastic clamp piece.

I doubt if ordering this clamp alone is possible. Most likely DJI will refuse to supply you, suggesting sending for service instead. It'll not do you any good anyway, since the replacement will require disassembly of the entire boom. Definitely achievable, but ...
2018-9-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-30 08:38
HI
If your drone is under warranty you will need to open an repair ticket to get this fixed.

Great Post Rich
2018-10-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Rodger

Rich
2018-10-3
Use props