Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Pilot App Video Controls Not Working
2483 17 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickmallars
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently updated to the new firmware and everything works great. Batteries are fine, flight is fine, RC's are fine..., except for a few things. First, I can maneuver the camera with the gimble control, however, I can't activate the record or photo functions. I also can't change or alter in any way the video functions or controls. It is stuck in video mode and won't switch out. Also, it won't record video or take pictures. I can't do it from the RC either. Record button and photo button appear disabled. I have video feed on my IPhone 5s, so I can fly and see the video feed with no problem, just can't change anything or record anything. Anyone else having this same problem?

I have upgraded everything to the newest firmware and the newest Pilot App. I've also re-installed everything several times with the same results. Help!

The weird thing is that I flew it and recorded a great video directly after the firmware update and it worked perfectly. The next day, I put it in travel mode, put it in my travel case and took it to a wedding to get some quick shots. I took it out, took it out of travel mode, connected the camera and turned everything on and it started doing what I mentioned above. For no reason that I can determine.....

Rick
2015-5-31
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

Hong Kong

May be change another device and have a check.Could it work in another device?

Waiting for your feedback
2015-5-31
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

So sorry about this!  ...did the logs read ok?
2015-6-1
Use props
rickmallars
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Julain Posted at 2015-6-1 15:57

Waiting for your fee ...

I haven't tried another device. I will give that a try and see what happens.
2015-6-1
Use props
rickmallars
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-1 16:44
So sorry about this!  ...did the logs read ok?

Everything appears normal. Log updates all read successful across the board.
2015-6-1
Use props
rickmallars
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Waiting for your fee ...

Okay, I tried two different devices, both IPhone 6 phones. Downloaded the updated app and gave them both a try. Same thing as before. Everything works except camera functions.... anything else I should try?
2015-6-1
Use props
rickmallars
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Waiting for your fee ...

I just figured out something that may have affected the copter or rather "infected" it. Apparently I had a defective or bad SD card that I may have loaded into the copter at the wedding. I didn't know it was a bad card, but today I stuck that card into the camera and turned on the system. As soon as I did this, the gimbel and camera went crazy! It started spinning and jerking around like it was on crack! So, my question now is this..., could this SD card have possibly corrupted the camera or remote? If so, is there some way to format the copter camera and remote and start the bin transfer process over again to recover everything? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
2015-6-1
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

Hong Kong

rickmallars@yah Posted at 2015-6-2 12:54
I just figured out something that may have affected the copter or rather "infected" it. Apparently ...

Thanks for your feedback.It is abnormal. One bad SD card should not make the gimbal become crazy.
Currently there is no optional format copter/camera/RC.

Still want to know if everything back when you use a good SD card.
Also thanks for your patience.
2015-6-2
Use props
rickmallars
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Julain Posted at 2015-6-2 18:53
Thanks for your feedback.It is abnormal. One bad SD card should not make the gimbal become crazy.
C ...

No everything is not good. I've tried several SD cards and none of them are producing a different result.
2015-6-2
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

Hong Kong

rickmallars@yah Posted at 2015-6-3 10:39
No everything is not good. I've tried several SD cards and none of them are producing a different  ...

Hi ,May be more detail could better help. A screenshot or something else could reflect this issue.
2015-6-3
Use props
rickmallars
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Julain Posted at 2015-6-4 10:55
Hi ,May be more detail could better help. A screenshot or something else could reflect this issue.

A screen shot of the app?
2015-6-6
Use props
rickmallars
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Did the pics go through?

IMG_2132.PNG
IMG_2133.PNG
2015-6-8
Use props
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

My P3 is doing exact same thing.  Updated to newest firmware.  Flew great right after and recorded.  Next day (today) had an important shoot.  none of the Video controls worked.  Couldmt record video.  Lost a lot of money.  
2015-6-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey there,

Just a thought, have you tried another micro SD chip and or made sure that it is seated.  It sounds like the chip is not inserted or dirty (clean contacts with pencil eraser). The other thing I was thinking while reading your issue is the ribbon connector cable could be loose or partly disconnected to the camera.

Rich
2015-6-20
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I never use the record button in the app ... I use only the one on the RC.
But this wont work for you either?
2015-6-21
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I had a similar and found it to be in the SD card. Reformat on computer, then same on bird. Then checked and mine was aok I think the new 1.2 app may have added some crosscheck for read/write to sd card tha lock camera
2015-6-21
Use props
rickmallars
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-6-21 17:28
I had a similar and found it to be in the SD card. Reformat on computer, then same on bird. Then che ...

I already sent the whole contraption back to DJI for "repairs". So I can't try any of these suggestions, but thank you! They will fix it. I hope!
2015-6-30
Use props
garywboisseau
New

United States

What ended up being the problem? I just started having the exact same problem.
2016-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules