Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pilot App Explanation/Tutorial
4150 16 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

If you're looking for a fantastic combination tutorial/explanation, here it is.

A group known as "Drones in SC" have created a fantastic video - it's on YouTube.
You can find it by searching for:

"DJI Phantom 3 & DJI Pilot App Walkthrough & FAQ"

It's not short - about 35 minutes - but extremely well done.
2015-5-31
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.4

Australia

Downloaded the video - will watch later!  Thanks for posting this, any hints and tips are more than appreciated.  :-)
2015-5-31
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.3

United States

Great run through of the app.  thanks for sharing it, aburkefl!
2015-5-31
Use props
Total
First Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Here is the link to the video ..   

2015-5-31
Use props
snsjets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

That was very helpful for me!
2015-5-31
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

He to skipped allot.. Why do people even make videos if their aren't able to cover and explain every setting and option, for example, video caption, he has it on but didn't cover it, or hardware decode..  Thanks for some info I guess, right...
2015-5-31
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-1 13:28
He to skipped allot.. Why do people even make videos if their aren't able to cover and explain every ...

Hee's a great opportunity for you - put together your own video on the parts you feel he omitted.
2015-6-1
Use props
knupla2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

He to skipped allot.. Why do people even make videos if their aren't able to cover and explain every ...

Wow.  I had some problems with it myself but that's a damn ungrateful comment toward someone at least making a good effort to helps others out.
2015-6-1
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.1

United States

I watched this 3 times while following along with my P3P. It is THE most helpful tutorial anyone has produced to date, particularly with regard to camera settings.
Have you seen DJI's tutorial on camera functions? ...niether have I
2015-6-1
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

knupla2 Posted at 2015-6-1 20:04
Wow.  I had some problems with it myself but that's a damn ungrateful comment toward someone at le ...

Yeah. I was trying to be nasty without being too nasty, but I agree with you.
Some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a gold rope!
2015-6-1
Use props
myhondas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

Yea...you're right.....I'd bitch if you hung me with a gold rope .....even a platinum one....;-(  too young to be hung like that.....now if your are talking 30" lower....that's a different story :-)
2015-6-1
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Very informative, thanks for taking the time to record that for us.
2015-6-1
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

No need to be an ass, the guy took time out to provide useful information. if it was not good enough for you that's unfortunate but dont have a go at people for trying to make this site a better place.
2015-6-1
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.4

Australia

Thanks mate... good job....
2015-6-1
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I'm not trying to be an ass, he covered all the things covered in the manual which we could all learn by reading it..  I need to know about the things not in the manual, that would have been a useful video..  I can't believe you people would type the comments you did about what I said..  Good luck to ya
2015-6-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

aburke and I have worked to create and post a couple quickie text guides.
He did an alpha list of all commands and I did a hierarchy of them. Here is the post and link:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19594

When it comes to videos I have to admit a tough time for this reason. I've seen 20 minute videos about stuff that should take 5 minutes to learn. I'm more "text based" in that I like to be able to refer back to stuff.

Some stuff, though, is great in video - like explantion of how to do manual settings in video and what it does, etc.
2015-6-8
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-8 18:03
I'm not trying to be an ass, he covered all the things covered in the manual which we could all lear ...

Remember the old "...on the internet no one knows you're a dog?"

This is my first huge forum participation in many years. Back in the 90s I was an avid flightsim fan - built a cockpit, flew 197 different planes, designed airport scenery, etc. Can't tell you how many times I would read something that set a fire under my rear, wrote a scathing post - and then deleted it.

When we're face-to-face, I can raise my beer, grin at you and call you an SOB. And you would be able to tell I'm joking. Or not! But, on the web, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, a forum or whatever - we *aren't* face-to-face and sometimes what gets written is something suddenly subject to the perspective of someone other than yourself.

And, without trying to sound like I defended someone who attacked you, I've tried to *never* call someone a name or lambast them because they didn't agree with me. About the strongest I get lately is "...well, I guess you and I will just have to agree that we disagree..."

There may be thousands of happy Phantom owners out there. However, there's a lot of frustration still going on in here (and in a couple of other forums I read regularly) and many are still just waiting to get started - or waiting on more batteries! Grrrrr!
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules