Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weird Lines In Mavic 2 Pro Images
3959 16 2018-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hisvisions
lvl.1
Canada

So i recently bought the Mavic 2 Pro, and I've taken some images with it at night, and I see these weird lines in the image, not sure if its due to the camera or SD Card, I would have to test it. I've also taken some images with it during the day and it resulted in the same sort of lines. If you have had the problem and know why this happens or how to fix it please let me know what you did to resolve the issue.

Thank you

lines in photo

lines in photo
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the trouble your facing. Regarding that, I would suggest giving a try to reset the camera setting and as you mention as well give a try to format or use a different SD card. However. May I ask are you having that issue with all photo or video?
2018-9-30
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Captain
Norway

It could be a read-out problem from the sensor, but most likely it is the sd-card. Try a new card, (format it in the Mavic first). If you still get these lines you need to have the camera checked.
2018-9-30
Use props
hisvisions
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-30 13:23
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the trouble your facing. Regarding that, I would suggest giving a try to reset the camera setting and as you mention as well give a try to format or use a different SD card. However. May I ask are you having that issue with all photo or video?

Hi Stephen,  Thank you for your response. I will try to do those things you mentioned. I was shooting in photo mode at night and all my photo's had those lines in it(I've raise the exposure to show you more clearly)    I didn't shoot video but I will do more tests to see if it occurs in video mode. I've shot a couple pictures during the day with the drone, a few days prior to my night shoot and none of them had any lines running across the image.  So far this is the second time i've noticed it in my photo's. Not sure why the occurrence, but since i purchased the Mavic 2 Pro, I've never dropped it or damaged it, or crashed. I've taken really good care of it.

A side note: I've also owned the DJI Phantom Standard 3 and I remember it would do the same thing. Not all photo's would be affected, but only when i went to some places such as the beach area, or a open park.

I will try to reset the camera settings on the drone and format the memory card. I will give you an update once I have done it.

Thank you.
2018-9-30
Use props
hisvisions
lvl.1
Canada

ArcticPhoto Posted at 2018-9-30 13:43
It could be a read-out problem from the sensor, but most likely it is the sd-card. Try a new card, (format it in the Mavic first). If you still get these lines you need to have the camera checked.

Thank you for your response, I will try that
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hisvisions Posted at 2018-9-30 13:44
Hi Stephen,  Thank you for your response. I will try to do those things you mentioned. I was shooting in photo mode at night and all my photo's had those lines in it(I've raise the exposure to show you more clearly)[view_image]    I didn't shoot video but I will do more tests to see if it occurs in video mode. I've shot a couple pictures during the day with the drone, a few days prior to my night shoot and none of them had any lines running across the image.  So far this is the second time i've noticed it in my photo's. Not sure why the occurrence, but since i purchased the Mavic 2 Pro, I've never dropped it or damaged it, or crashed. I've taken really good care of it.

A side note: I've also owned the DJI Phantom Standard 3 and I remember it would do the same thing. Not all photo's would be affected, but only when i went to some places such as the beach area, or a open park.

Alright! please keep us posted whenever you're able to try it. Thanks!
2018-9-30
Use props
Crown Out
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150945 ft
United States

I had this issue on my M2P. I downloaded adobe dng convertor and reimported the images. The problem went away after importing from the drone for a second time.
2018-9-30
Use props
hisvisions
lvl.1
Canada

So here is an update to my problem. Today I put in a brand new SD Card, a 32 GB San disk Ultra. (originally i had a SanDisk 64 GB Extreme) .I went out to fly and took a few photo's and one video. I came home to review the files and noticed all my photos looked like this. All of them had these weird lines in it. So, while i'm at home i decided to put the 32 GB San Disk back into the drone and take pictures of my room and as you can see there was no weird lines in this photo..or in any photo's i took in my room. Not sure what's causing these lines, but I will try to do another test without using the SD Card when flying and use the Internal memory from the Mavic 2  Pro and see if it gives the same results. Also, when it comes to video, I save the files as MOV and I am having trouble opening it in final cut pro x or opening it on Quick time movie. It opens on VLC media player but the video lags. Any one have any idea why this is happening? I will keep you posted with more information.
2018-10-10
Use props
xagoras
Captain
Flight distance : 1357589 ft

The video lag could simply be because your PC is not powerful enough to handle 4k video. Same thing happened to me.
2018-10-10
Use props
hisvisions
lvl.1

xagoras Posted at 2018-10-10 23:35
The video lag could simply be because your PC is not powerful enough to handle 4k video. Same thing happened to me.

Im using a Macbook Pro and I can upload and open 4k footage from my GOPRO, I can upload and open MPEG Files and MOV files from other cameras, but for some reason the footage from the MAVIC 2 Pro after uploaded, is not opening like the other files. I recorded an asteroid video and that uploaded and open fine. I got to do more tests before i can say its the drone. I have will try to format the SD Cards and see if that works, I will save the photo and video files to the internal memory of the drone and export it from there. The thing is that when the photo's and videos save to my phone, there is no weird lines in the photo's and there is no problem with opening the video on my phone. But then again i was using a brand new SD Card and still experienced the same weird lines in my photo's. I haven't seen any sort of corruption on my video besides the fact it's not opening on my QuickTime Player and it wont allow me to import it to my Final Cut Pro X.
2018-10-11
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

It could also be the card reader, as I had similar problems with a Mavic PP same type of lines.  Once I moved to a transend reader, problem went away.  

You also may want to: reset camera settings on drone from DJIgo4 and reformat card in the drone.  

Paul C
2018-10-11
Use props
hisvisions
lvl.1
Canada

paul2660 Posted at 2018-10-11 10:15
It could also be the card reader, as I had similar problems with a Mavic PP same type of lines.  Once I moved to a transend reader, problem went away.  

You also may want to: reset camera settings on drone from DJIgo4 and reformat card in the drone.  

Thank you for the reply Paul, I will try that and give an update on how it goes.
2018-10-11
Use props
hisvisions
lvl.1
Canada

So here is an update on the weird lines. I've flown the Mavic 2 Pro three more times ONLY using the internal memory to save my photo's and video and all three times there was NO weird lines. I was pleased to see these results because I was worried it was from the drone. I feel confident that it has to be either the SD card or the Micro SD Card Reader I use. I believe it to be the reader due to opening a new Micro SD Card and using it for the first time and experiencing those weird lines.  I might conduct a few more tests to let you guys know exactly what the problem was and give you an update. Here are some photo's i took from the drone that was saved on the internal memory. No werid lines from these pictures. Also, for video i was able to import them on to final cut pro x. Before i couldn't even open it using my quicktime player, but now its no problem. The drone itself works perfectly fine when saving to the internal memory. I will leave an update to see whether its the Micro SD card or SD card reader.
2018-10-18
Use props
badjer
lvl.1

Australia

hisvisions Posted at 2018-10-18 16:39
So here is an update on the weird lines. I've flown the Mavic 2 Pro three more times ONLY using the internal memory to save my photo's and video and all three times there was NO weird lines. I was pleased to see these results because I was worried it was from the drone. I feel confident that it has to be either the SD card or the Micro SD Card Reader I use. I believe it to be the reader due to opening a new Micro SD Card and using it for the first time and experiencing those weird lines.  I might conduct a few more tests to let you guys know exactly what the problem was and give you an update. Here are some photo's i took from the drone that was saved on the internal memory. [view_image][view_image] No werid lines from these pictures. Also, for video i was able to import them on to final cut pro x. Before i couldn't even open it using my quicktime player, but now its no problem. The drone itself works perfectly fine when saving to the internal memory. I will leave an update to see whether its the Micro SD card or SD card reader.

Any update on this?

I have a similar issue. See examples below. I think it is either needing a lens hood or the SD card reader. DJI support have said clean lens with cloth, do camera reset, and then inspect individual photos which I have yet to do. I will come back and update. I also am yet to try utilising the internal memory.

Black LInes DJI Panorama 1 copy.png
Black LInes DJI Panorama 2.jpg
2019-2-27
Use props
badjer
lvl.1

Australia

2019-2-27
Use props
badjer
lvl.1

Australia

Here are the example photos:

https://ibb.co/jMH7YK7
https://ibb.co/mDBD6Bx
2019-2-27
Use props
hisvisions
lvl.1
Canada

badjer Posted at 2-27 01:02
Here are the example photos:

https://ibb.co/jMH7YK7

Try taking the same pano photos without the SD card and see if there's a difference. With my Mavic 2 pro i kept having the lines appear when the SD card was in the drone. Once I removed it, no weird lines appeared. I didn't have any weird smudging issues like in the 2nd photo of yours, but i would try to use the internal memory and see if you get the same results. Mostly the SD card can be the problem, but if the same problems are happening with using the drone's internal memory then I would have it checked out by DJI. Sorry to hear, and I hope everything works out.
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules