Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Battery stuck
6015 20 2018-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeriSmits
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327894 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

Today I tried a firmware update with the RC controller but while it was busy sending the data to the drone it failed in upgrading the firmware. At that point, the battery that was in the drone got stuck. The battery only illuminates the two LEDs on the bottom of the circle. I cannot turn off the battery nor does it react when I charge it.
I tried to manually upgrade the firmware with the DJI assistant 2.0 but unfortunately, It doesn't allow me to do since and keeps saying the battery is below 50% even when I had it for 3+ hours on the charger. When I put the battery in the drone it starts up but when I visit the battery tap inside the DJI GO app it cannot read any data from the battery.
What I also tried is upgrading the firmware of the drone with another battery (which worked fine with the DJI assistant 2.0 software) and after that put the bad battery back in. Unfortunately, the drone did not fix the battery.

Does anyone have a clue about how I can solve this issue since I'm now down one battery :-(.
2018-9-30
Use props
JoeriSmits
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-30 13:19
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry to hear about the trouble that you facing right now. Regarding that the only thing why it happens due to firmware update failure. However, what I can only suggest is send it into our facility for further checking. You can just reach one of our support channels in order for you to have the process just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. However sending the battery back would be my last step. I planned a trip this Friday and it would be great if I have all 3 batteries available. Perhaps there is someone else that has the same problem as I do and got some fix.
2018-9-30
Use props
Strobing_NYC
First Officer
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

that battery is bricked send it back and buy another.... You should use your computer to update firmware little bit safer
2018-9-30
Use props
JoeriSmits
lvl.3
Netherlands

I opened a support ticket for it to send to DJI. It's a shame this can happen due to a firmware update failure. There should be some rollback for the battery when this happens...
2018-9-30
Use props
Breas
New

Russia

I have the same issue...
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Breas Posted at 11-3 21:15
I have the same issue...

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to ask if you're using Mavic 2 Pro as well? Did you encounter this issue upon updating the firmware? Have you tried to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2? Please ensure that you're using the same battery while doing the troubleshooting. Please refer to the link below for you to download the application. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-11-4
Use props
JoeriSmits
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hi All,

Sorry for not doing a follow up regarding this issue. I send the battery back to DJI and got a replacement.

Best regards,
Joeri
2018-11-6
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It is a pity there is not a factory reboot facility for batteries.
Perhaps built into the external multi-charger?
2018-12-4
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

That is really interesting. In previous Mavic Pro when this happened you were able at least charge it and do upgrade once more time. I think there some fix need to be done in firmware to avoid this in future.
2018-12-4
Use props
bilalazma
lvl.1
Pakistan

I just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom and straight away got an "Battery Error" after activating it.. Tried everything even try to refresh the drone but it is always stuck on update giving Battery Error... Screens are attached for reference..
2018-12-9
Use props
Diablol
lvl.1
Germany

Any news?  I have the same as in the picture above on two of my batteries
2019-1-30
Use props
Diablol
lvl.1
Germany

Got mine working again with a firmware refresh. Had to downgrade first one or two versions then update again via app. One update only worked over the app another only via the assistant.
2019-1-31
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.4
United States

So what's the fix? Downgrade the firmware on the battery?
2019-4-10
Use props
djiuser_2m7FxqmB6cij
New

Canada

Not very pleased with DJI

This exact thing just happened me.   
Brand new Mavic 2 pro.  Straight out of the box
Tried doing an update on my computer. It kept giving me an error.  While on the phone with support tried re doing the update again and the thing froze up on me again.

It only came with one battery  so I’m s___ our of luck until I get an new. Battery or send mine in ..
Because I’ve had the drone for more then 15 days but only
Registered it last night DJI won’t replace the complete drone .
Which is think is a bunch of Horse S—-t because they know exatcly the time the drone was registered

Is it also normal for the belly of the drone to be Scalding HOT when the battery is on ..

2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_2m7FxqmB6cij Posted at 12-28 08:47
Not very pleased with DJI

This exact thing just happened me.   

You need a minimum of 50% battery capacity to do a firmware refresh.

In DJI Assistant 2  the error message comes up in red at the bottom left hand of the screen, it's small and easy to miss.

I'd charge the faulty battery, even if the lights are flashing inconsistently it should be still taking a charge, after 3 - 4hrs . I'd try the refresh again
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_2m7FxqmB6cij
New

Canada

lannes Posted at 12-28 09:29
You need a minimum of 50% battery capacity to do a firmware refresh.

In DJI Assistant 2  the error message comes up in red at the bottom left hand of the screen, it's small and easy to miss.

Thank you for the reply.

The battery was charging for 5 hours.  Battery was 100% when I started the update
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_2m7FxqmB6cij Posted at 12-28 09:38
Thank you for the reply.

The battery was charging for 5 hours.  Battery was 100% when I started the update

What is the error your getting in DJI Assistant 2 ?

Is the usb connecting and can you get to the firmware refresh screen ?

How far do you get in the process
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_2m7FxqmB6cij
New

Canada

lannes Posted at 12-28 09:58
What is the error your getting in DJI Assistant 2 ?

Is the usb connecting and can you get to the firmware refresh screen ?

It got 100% download / 28% transmitting

2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_2m7FxqmB6cij
New

Canada

2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_2m7FxqmB6cij
New

Canada

2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

It might be worthwhile trying the refresh again, sometimes it doesn't work but when you try it again it does
There maybe a specific version that works better with the M2P

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads ... PvVf7kaAojxEALw_wcB

2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules