Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Dropped suddenly out of the sky
12Next >
3290 74 2018-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 281371 ft

Yesterday I was flying my p4p. Everything was fine. All of a sudden  aircraft Propeller stoped and the aircraft fall into water. I went the last known location on the satellite map and was not able to find my drone. It was drowned into water. I have no idea what happened. I was flying at 148 feet. Well above anything around. I had brand new propellers and a fully charged battery. Has this ever happened before to anyone?  I am very disappointed, 1400 € now underwater. My Drone is just 3 month old, i had Phantom 3 Pro and did not experince any issue with. There is nothing abnormal in the FlightLog, AC crashed with 90% charged Battery. Any Idea will be appreciated.

Here is the FlightLog
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/U30ORW8APEUEPLT1BBHS/

2018-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about your devastating loss.

I Hope you can start a warranty ticket with DJI, and they see fit to give you a free drone.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-30
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

Thank you very much for your suggestion, would you please tell me how could i start a warranty ticket
2018-9-30
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Without being able to recover the drone unfortunately theres nothing dji can do. Nothing strange in the flight log. No point in trying to even speculate without any evidence.
Sorry for your loss.
2018-9-30
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You have the flight log to send them.  It shows you did nothing wrong and did not hit anything.
2018-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantom Pilot Posted at 2018-9-30 13:29
Thank you very much for your suggestion, would you please tell me how could i start a warranty ticket

Try online chat or email.

Scroll down to the bottom.
https://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-4-pro

Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am with Hellsgate, the only thing the log proves is that there wasnt user error to a certain point, could be the battery not inserted correcty and it lost connection by either falling out or or working lose enough to break connection. where theres no drone it can be a bitter argument as its down to who was to blame, this is why they prefer the drone. Thats not to say they have never replaced the drone befroe when its lost, i have seen them do both on here, i.e., replace and not replace.

Good luck chap, the log is inconclusive as it stands, fingers crossed you get your replacement, please, update us.
EDIT, looking at the CSV file, looks like it was in a pitch forward, so that blows up my theory of battery falling out and prob lose one too....
2018-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I hope they see the light, and make this felow a happy pilot once again....

Replacing his drone would be swell.

RedHotPoker
2018-10-1
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

If the battery had become dislodged,  would that show on the log ?  I think perhaps not ?
2018-10-1
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

Bashy Posted at 2018-9-30 19:22
I am with Hellsgate, the only thing the log proves is that there wasnt user error to a certain point, could be the battery not inserted correcty and it lost connection by either falling out or or working lose enough to break connection. where theres no drone it can be a bitter argument as its down to who was to blame, this is why they prefer the drone. Thats not to say they have never replaced the drone befroe when its lost, i have seen them do both on here, i.e., replace and not replace.

Good luck chap, the log is inconclusive as it stands, fingers crossed you get your replacement, please, update us.

The Battery was inserted correctly i even pushed it 3 times to be sure that the battery sits perfectly..i do that every time before flying, otherwise i flew my Drone with the first Battery without any issue then i decided to fly again and record the Sunset.....here i suddenly lost my baby.
To recover the Drone is damn expensive here in Germany, the Water is not that clear and the Lake is 4 meters deep.
No one can imagine how sad am i, it is my only Hobby since my Illness.

Here is the FlightLog from the Flight before crashing (35 min. before it crashed)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/YZL2USTOTBESTIDFE726/
2018-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It truly is a sad day, for anyone who this happens to.

Even for those of us, who have a heart, reading this.

I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel. DJI?

RedHotPoker
2018-10-1
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-30 17:47
Try online chat or email.

Scroll down to the bottom.

Thanks alotRedHotPoker
2018-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Wishing you the best of luck, but you shouldn’t have any trouble getting reimbursed.

RedHotPoker
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. I highly suggest contacting our support to start up a case and let our engineers help on investigating what happened. May I know where are you located?
2018-10-1
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-10-1 01:34
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. I highly suggest contacting our support to start up a case and let our engineers help on investigating what happened. May I know where are you located?

Hi DJI Wanda
I am Located in Goettingen in Germany
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Phantom Pilot Posted at 2018-10-1 02:27
Hi DJI Wanda
I am Located in Goettingen in Germany

Thanks for the response. Please send an email to support.ge@dji.com so that you can start up your case. You may provide this information to the email:

Full Name:
Address (NO PO BOX):
Contact No. :
Email Address:

DJI Product:
Serial Number:
Issue:
Date of Purchase:
Date of Receive:
Date of Reported Incident:
DJI Care/Refresh/Shield:
2018-10-1
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

You started the flight posted above at 86%,  and had no issues from what I can see.
The crash flight doesn't show any issues at all......voltages are good.  I do see your RTH alt is way high.  Maybe when you get back in the air, set your RTH alt to 30M or even 25M.
If you are low on power and coming home, you DO NOT WANT to use precious power to climb to 100M....you want that power bringing you straight home.....

Randy
2018-10-1
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-1 07:47
You started the flight posted above at 86%,  and had no issues from what I can see.

Randy

This flight went without any Issue, the Drone crashed here ...https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/U30ORW8APEUEPLT1BBHS/
Battery was fully charged
2018-10-1
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Pilot Posted at 2018-10-1 07:55
This flight went without any Issue, the Drone crashed here ...https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/U30ORW8APEUEPLT1BBHS/
Battery was fully charged

I edited post 17

Yes I see.....there Should not have been an issue.  The bird shutting off midflight with the numbers I see is unacceptable.
I hope there is some help coming soon!
Randy
2018-10-1
Use props
Black Hills
New
Flight distance : 50768 ft

The same thing happened with my p4pv2+. It was warranty work.
2018-10-1
Use props
Jon 462
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2151637 ft
United States

I had the same exact thing happened to me. The flight data showed the same as yours did. My drone just turned off somehow and fell from 192 feet. My p4p is not under warranty but I still tried to contact DJI. They are not easy to contact. I have been hearing about this sort of problem a lot recently. I wonder if it is due to an update from Dji. I know they updated their app twice recently. It seems to me that when DJI comes out with a new update something else goes wrong.
2018-10-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

been no fw update for the p4p for a good while now and i am fairly sure the app cant cause it to drop ;)
2018-10-1
Use props
andy10
First Officer
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>

The only explainable reason for this is a sudden lost of power, whatever caused it. Perhaps you'll never know. Even if you happen to get the drone. Might be an error in some electric contact anywhere at such a complicated electronic device as the drone is. This is an excellent example for a bit of uncertainty or anxiety (at least with me) each time we took off with the bird. You can't predict it, you can't find the reason and you can't prevent it!
I think according to the data you posted it must be a clear case for DJI to replace it. Obviously it's the hardware issue.     
2018-10-2
Use props
andy10
First Officer
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>

You said "propeller stopped". Did you see it? Was it the only one propeller or all four of them?
2018-10-2
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

andy10 Posted at 2018-10-2 00:31
You said "propeller stopped". Did you see it? Was it the only one propeller or all four of them?

Unfortunately i could not see it, the Drone was about 96 meters away and 44 meter high.

I have just lost control, as if the Drone has disappeared and i saw how my Drone Dropped out of the sky. Everything went unexpected too fast.

I started a Warranty Ticket with DJI and i am waiting for their response. Thanks a lot for all your suggestions and advices.
Fly safe you nice fellows.
Please Pray for me and wish me good Luck.
2018-10-2
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Please keep us informed eh ?  It's always interesting to see an end result ----  hopefully it will be a good one for you.  
2018-10-4
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

Manxmann Posted at 2018-10-4 01:39
Please keep us informed eh ?  It's always interesting to see an end result ----  hopefully it will be a good one for you.

First of all i thank you for wishing me good Luck.
Off course i will keep you informed.
I received an Email today from DJI they want to have 2 Folders out of my DJI Go4 App (MCdatflightrecords and Flightrecord), so that they can better analyze the reason.. Why my Drone just fall out of the Sky with almost fully charged Battery. I have sent those Folders today and hope to positively hear from DJI soon.
2018-10-5
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Let us just hope they come up with the result you are hoping for ?
I have found them pretty good to deal with over a couple of little problems/issues I had early in the piece.   Maybe when we don't get an immediate response we (I) forget just how many people they are dealing with.
2018-10-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
United States

The fact that they want more info is a good sign.
2018-10-6
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-10-6 04:25
The fact that they want more info is a good sign.

I have sent DJI the entire MCdatflightrecords and Flightrecord folders since I activated my drone on June 11th. 2018.
2018-10-6
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-10-1 02:51
Thanks for the response. Please send an email to  so that you can start up your case. You may provide this information to the email:

Full Name:

Thanks alot DJI Wanda and i apologize for the late response. I have already started a Warranty Ticket.
2018-10-6
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

I have this sad news from DJI this morning

We are very sorry that there is no Fly115 in Mcdatflightrecrod.

Flight date: Sep 29, 2018, fly115.
SN: 07JDF2500200NA
1. The drone was in GPS mode and responded well to the RC command;
2. T = 02: 54, H = 45.1 m, D = 96.5 m, the drone flew forwards at 7.8 m / s and at 0.6 m / s downwards after the pilot followed the elevator pushed forward and pulled the throttle down, then finished the app recording
3.  home point: 51.5185614 9.9238015
     Last position: 51.5192157 9.9228910
The app record ends suddenly. It is impossible to know the last situation of the drone after the interruption of the recording. The drone works normally before the break (normal posture, normal battery voltage). From the analysis of the available data, it is therefore not possible to analyze whether it is a technical problem or a pilot error. A closer analysis can therefore only be made if the copter is present and the flight data in the copter can be evaluated.

The cause for the interruption of the flight recording:
1. App completed on flight.
2. USB cable defective or pulled out during flight.
3. Disconnect etc.
All of these causes will let the Drone RTH or at the most to hover until the connection is back and not to crash, that is unacceptable.The drone is not even 4 months old.I think they do not want to take responsibility und replace my Drone, in this case i am forced to take Leagal action agenist DJI. Dose anyone Know what Fly115 is?

2018-10-9
Use props
Anokadrone
Captain
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Looks like it might be some component of the data file thats missing.
2018-10-9
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-10-9 04:09
Looks like it might be some component of the data file thats missing.

So seems to me like a software error and has nothing to do with us pilots
2018-10-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
United States

Phantom Pilot Posted at 2018-10-9 09:47
So seems to me like a software error and has nothing to do with us pilots

They have ya at their mercy when  you don't have an AC to send back.  Ask for a discount on another?
2018-10-9
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-10-9 11:00
They have ya at their mercy when  you don't have an AC to send back.  Ask for a discount on another?

I have already received the following offer from DJI

We apologize for the incident and would give you with a new purchase of a replacement device (without remote control and without charger € 1549, -) a discount of 30%.
The replacement device would then cost you 1084.30 €

Then the same Issue happens again and I have to spend another 1100 € for another drone witout Charger and witout Remote Control.
Absolutely ridiculous
2018-10-9
Use props
fans62933875
New

Do you have the P4P or P4P v2.0?
2018-10-10
Use props
Phantom Pilot
Second Officer

fans62933875 Posted at 2018-10-10 09:23
Do you have the P4P or P4P v2.0?

I had the P4P
2018-10-10
Use props
Plumberjohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 742841 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same thing happen to me except mine didn't go into water. I returned my P4P to DJI and they repaired it free of charge.
A few flights later I noticed that the battery would turn on but not the drone, if I jiggled the battery the drone came on but as soon as I let
go the drone turned off even though the battery stayed on. It was sent back to DJI again and they found that all three of my batteries
had melted terminals. All 3 were replaced free of charge which is great but what happened to those terminals? Should I expect the same
on the new batteries?
In your shoes, I would definitely contact a local diving club to see if it can be recovered.
2018-10-15
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Too many grey areas & rabbit holes .........  If possible.  You need to get the drone back IMHO

Sorry to say it looks like it will be a bit of a battle  but keep the pressure on eh ??
2018-10-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules