First Flight - South Lake Tahoe: Eagle Lake
628 9 2018-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
todamgood4U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134209 ft

The first weekend owning my drone I took it with me on a hike up in South Lake Tahoe at Eagle Lake across from Emerald Bay.  Beautiful little secluded lake completely surrounded by rock.  Can't wait to take it on all my adventures.  Sorry for the crappy footage - it was literally the 2nd time flying.  

2018-9-30
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

I love this! Tahoe is one of my favorite places on earth. Great work!
2018-9-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Something went wrong
2018-9-30
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Great video,, love the shots over water,,,
2018-9-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent vid   
2018-10-1
Use props
markc620
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25269 ft
France

what a beautiful location and some great footage! First flight and over water, braver than I am! I’m a spark newb too and have yet to take mine out over water! .
2018-10-1
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Yes, those are some deep blues and awesome vistas.  A little advice, slow down on the pans and gimbal motion too... take your time, you'll get a smoother result.  Remember, you can speed things up in post production without affecting the quality much, but slowing down fast movement is the opposite, it will degrade.  Tripod mode and gimbal speed adjustments can be your cinematic friend, especially with that kind of location... just stunning scenery.

Well done.  I subscribed.
2018-10-1
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3

drewhoover Posted at 2018-9-30 19:03
I love this! Tahoe is one of my favorite places on earth. Great work!

Thank you.  Yes, I do love it here.  
2018-10-1
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3

Northwood Posted at 2018-10-1 08:10
Yes, those are some deep blues and awesome vistas.  A little advice, slow down on the pans and gimbal motion too... take your time, you'll get a smoother result.  Remember, you can speed things up in post production without affecting the quality much, but slowing down fast movement is the opposite, it will degrade.  Tripod mode and gimbal speed adjustments can be your cinematic friend, especially with that kind of location... just stunning scenery.

Well done.  I subscribed.

Thank you.  Ya, this one was shot a couple weeks ago and my other video was shot this last weekend.  I def slowed down the movement and have been figuring out how to use tripod mode etc for even smoother panning.  I keep watching lots of tutorials so maybe my 3rd video will look even better

I do a lot of mountain hiking so there will be plenty more whenever I find time to get out.  I'm hoping all this practice will have me doing decent camera work and editing for my big adventures.

This video was edited with HitFilm Express which I didn't like but I only had 1 1/2 hours to find something to edit with.  After reading a lot of comments, it appears Davinci is what most people use.  I used it on my 2nd video and liked it much better so I'll probably stick with that since the learning curve is easy.
2018-10-1
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.3

markc620 Posted at 2018-10-1 05:34
what a beautiful location and some great footage! First flight and over water, braver than I am! I’m a spark newb too and have yet to take mine out over water! .

Ha, gotta take the training wheels off some time.  

Funny, I've created 2 videos and both of them have been over water.  I just make sure to go over a pre-flight checklist very carefully and spend the first few minutes hovering in place making sure it's not going to do something stupid.
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules