Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suggestion for the Mavic Air 2 (or Pro 3)...
3765 6 2018-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TedBob
First Officer
Flight distance : 1743622 ft

Hi DJI,

I know you won't probably take note of the below suggestions for your future drones, but here is my initial list:

• Offer an optional remote control with built-in video screen (to avoid having to connect smartphone, remove case etc)
  • Offer the ability to estimate distance to an object or person. Either include a laser meter, or do an estimate via the software (click on a point and estimate based on size). Would help comply with regulation (e.g. don't fly closer than 50m to people or buildings)
  • Provide sonar sensors for the Mavic Air (instead of optical sensors that depend on light)
  • Provide more LEDs on the drones, with a button on the remote to switch on/off (to help on position)
  • Put a lanyard hook on the remote
  • Retractable higher clearance landing gear (or just removable landing gear with higher clearance)
  • Allow low RPM/stealth mode (maybe with optional larger propellers), with limited speed
  • Allow for screen recording
  • Put speaker on drone so that drone noise can cancel itself using active noise cancelling, or just to emit a specific noise/beep (to scare off birds for instance)
  • Allow for social networking, like publishing location of other drone flyers nearby (if granted)
  • Allow for USB charging of drone
  • Allow for micro SD card to be accessible via drone USB port or via wifi connection
  • Provide a case for the remote, not just the drone

T.
2018-10-1
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

1 One very important one, NO MORE WI FI. ONLY Occysync.
2 Less propeller noise
3 USB charging
4 All camera, gimbal, and video settings to be changed with RC buttons.
5 Better noise reduction algorythms in camera
6 Longer flight times
7 Full control of camera settings, ISO, SS and F stop to be manually set.
8 Weatherproof, not waterproof. Must be able to fly in mist, light rain, sea spray etc
9 No charging of phones from RC
10 Ability to mute the RC beep sounds
11 Robust RC, with customizable buttons, function keys, (screen optional for me, nice to have, but will choose custom buttons before screen)
12 Sonar sensors sound nice, maybe be able to detect water under the craft.
13 Interchangeable lenses, or cameras. If the Huawei P20 can fit a excellent 40 megapixel camera in a (large phone, but small area), so could others.
14 No marketing hype that turn out to be half truths, half lies, or in any way think the consumers is stupid and won,t know the difference.

Have a couple of things that can be left out, but that is for another time.

2018-10-1
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Let's also increase the price 3x, not including the Trump tariffs, to pay for all these features!
2018-10-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And the FAA will need to approve it by the look of their latest proposals for regulating drones.
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, We would like to acknowledge your suggestions and we loved to forward this to our engineers. We highly appreciated for continuing supporting our DJI Product that you're always looking forward to our upcoming products. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you again for your support.
2018-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-10-1 05:18
1 One very important one, NO MORE WI FI. ONLY Occysync.
2 Less propeller noise
3 USB charging

i agree with better wireless connectivity for sure.  i mean i dont mind wifi but Dji has do it right.  channel and frequency hopping and higher output power.  nothing in the wifi rule book says you cannot channel hop or frequency hop between 2.4 and 5.8 while active in active use.  and sounds like a missed opportunity to truly enhanced the wifi.  if you cant do it right Dji then maybe come up with OccusyncAir or something that is occusync but built for smaller drones.

battery life issue, i mean they maybe able to squeeze 2-3 minutes more out of it with better ESC's and props, but really going to struggle without making the battery larger thus the drone larger as well.. so im not entirely sure, maybe they can make the body a few millimeters thicker and add another cell in the pack..? but then that kill possibility of being able to use mavic air 1 batteries with your mavic air 2. which would be a nice touch.. not having to upgrade all of your stuff.

ultrasonic sensor are slow, they have advantages of not being fooled by fog, rain or mist unlike IR and cameras that can be, and less likely to get fooled by moving water but they are fairly slow.. but they can also be tricked by 3 dimensional items such as angled stuff since they can only gather single plane of information.    and they are very slow, they can take up to .6 seconds to ping multiple packets and determine environment depending on distance and environment it is attempting to understand and approach.   not entirely sure whats better solution, maybe a low power close prox radar system?  radar has the potential to be able to determine density of surfaces too so it could better challenge things like water vs wood vs metal..

as for cameras interchangeable is nice i would like that, but i dont think dji will do that on smaller drones, but that would be nice if they made it so we can eject one camera/gimbal for another.   also have to realize that megapixels really arent all they are cracked up to be.  decent sensored paired with amazing lens will yield you much better results than really high density amazeballs sensor with with a meh lens attached.   

marketing prob wont change as much as we hate it it sells... and money speaks.
2018-10-1
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-10-1 15:39
i agree with better wireless connectivity for sure.  i mean i dont mind wifi but Dji has do it right.  channel and frequency hopping and higher output power.  nothing in the wifi rule book says you cannot channel hop or frequency hop between 2.4 and 5.8 while active in active use.  and sounds like a missed opportunity to truly enhanced the wifi.  if you cant do it right Dji then maybe come up with OccusyncAir or something that is occusync but built for smaller drones.

Note the "excellent" before the mega pixels I mentioned.
That Huawei camera is awesome, dynamic range, sharpness, saturation and fine detail, all is there, and not a 1 inch to mention. Video is superb. Love it. It obviously help to have some extra mega pixels, for cropping etc.
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
That is just a wish list. Forgot to mention, they should also keep the price down. Har de har har har
2018-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules