Mavic 2 Car Charger Hot
704 3 2018-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hybrid0175
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205712 ft

I used the car chager for the Mavic 2 for the first time since I got the fly more kit - mainly been using the home charger. It appears to be doing its job from charging the battery perspective. However, after it was done I noticed the plug (part that goes into the car) itself was extremely hot....almost to the point that it could burn easily burn your hands/fingers. It doesn't sounds like it's 'normal', warm I can undertand. Is it defective? Any response on this is much appreciated. Thanks.
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. Are you using this on a large car? You can check the specification of the car charger if you're using it. Please refer to the details below.

Charge Temperature: 5℃-40℃
Input Voltage: 12.7-16 V (Normal Car: Not applicable for large cars).
Output: 4.5 A, 17.0 V / 17.6 V
Charging Time: About 1.5 hours for each battery (depending on temperature).
2018-10-1
Use props
hybrid0175
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205712 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-1 13:49
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. Are you using this on a large car? You can check the specification of the car charger if you're using it. Please refer to the details below.

It's a 4 door mid-sized car. It was in the upper 70 degrees yesterday with AC running. It was only plugged in for about 30 - 45 min. No issues with other chargers, i.e. cell phone.
2018-10-1
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-1 13:49
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. Are you using this on a large car? You can check the specification of the car charger if you're using it. Please refer to the details below.

Sorry, but what in the name of god can a car's size have to do with it?
If the volt of the socket is as you describe, I assume it works, whether the socket is in a small passenger car or in a huge truck. Or is there something I have not understood?
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules