1032 7 2018-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Hello guys,
I've been asked many times if it's worth upgrading to the Mavic 2 pro if the only thing one cares about is the camera, so I made a complete video comparison between it and the Mavic 1 and Mavic Air.

I must say I was curious myself of the results, so I did all the tests I would do to convince myself, including a lot of zooming in and comparing the same video.
At a first glance I actually thought the Mavic Pro was better and sharper, you'd be quite surprised of how things went.

Here's the video comparison I'm talking about:

The video is rendered in 4k, so you can see the most minute details yourself and hopefully reach a conclusion.
Also, please check in the poll I made, I'm curious of your choice, and don't forget to comment your opinion. I'm curious if I was wrong about my conclusions.

Thanks in advance!

Single SelectVote, Total 8 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-10-1
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good vid - M2P for me
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for sharing your comparison, that is really informative, fly safely. Cheers!
2018-10-2
Use props
Maveric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>

Great video, thanks!

I know you're probably just testing to see who's paying attention ;) but at 4:10 when you're talking about auto white balance, you don't really mean auto white balance.
2018-10-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

MP2 definitely have better image quality. That been said, my Mavic Air never had quite the same soft images and videos that you posted here. Only time where I would get such blurry and OOF images, was in very high wind conditions.
It does suffer from poor dynamic range and shadow noise though.
2018-10-3
Use props
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Charissa Posted at 2018-10-3 01:07
MP2 definitely have better image quality. That been said, my Mavic Air never had quite the same soft images and videos that you posted here. Only time where I would get such blurry and OOF images, was in very high wind conditions.
It does suffer from poor dynamic range and shadow noise though.

I actually like the mavic air image a lot for the price, I think it's the perfect drone for people who want something small and easy to use.
2018-10-5
Use props
PaulArcher
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

El Diablo Posted at 2018-10-1 23:10
At what apertures are you shooting? The M2P gets diffraction issues after f/5.6 while the other 2 drones have fixed apertures of f/2.2 and f/2.8

I agree on the +1 Sharpness, it seems to work best. On the other hand, the MP is artificially oversharpened. If you shoot both in flat profiles and color grade them adding +1 to both, the M2P looks far superior to the other drones, especially regarding color rendition and dynamic range. +2 introduces artifacts and noise in the shadow areas

Yes, the sharpness is better on f/2.2 and I must admit the over sharpened feel of the Mavic 1 made me question my choice in the beginning, but Now that I have seen things up close, I'm totally proud of the M2p
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules