12Next >
2753 62 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Hi all,

It has taken a lot of leanring and lots of frustration but I finally have a movie that is not too bad... There are lots of mistakes but it would seem the editing software I chose, Pinnacle 22 Ulttimate has some issues, one being a a extremely hard to work around, transitions...

The other thing was the photos I inserted, in every other application they look fine, but Pinnacle has done something to them making them look dull..

Between learning to fly, learning new software I am all learned out !

Feedback good or bad appreciated.

2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Awesome footage, thanks for sharing!
2018-10-2
Use props
djiuser_yD9wGx6UD7Jz
lvl.2

Nice... can’t wait to attempt my first video!!! Any tips pls share
2018-10-2
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

absoluteley great for a first video! Nice to see Thailand from above.

cheers
JJB
2018-10-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really well done - good work!
2018-10-2
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Awesome! I'll give you a thumb up
2018-10-2
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Very nice video. Great job. Thank You
2018-10-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Excellent first video, it's really well done and I enjoyed watching the video. Great work well done.
2018-10-2
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Extremely nice job with the video.
The scenery was beautiful. Thought you made a good choice with the music.
Thanks for sharing it with all of us.
2018-10-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow this is Outstanding
2018-10-2
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

The place is amazing... well done. With footage you'll do better next time but for first time is quite good. Thanks for sharing with us.
2018-10-2
Use props
wjkrysak
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful area. Good first video. Thank you for sharing.
2018-10-2
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Congratulations! Very nice first video!
2018-10-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done...some nice footage in there!  
2018-10-2
Use props
EakAfterCooler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291407 ft
United States

Nice, but please be careful. Hua-Hin have an Airport ,Palace and military base. and Thailand's law. Drone must 9km far from Airport.

I understand DJI no fly zone limit at 5km.
2018-10-2
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Nice video... great location, you had some sudden movements that threw off the smoothness you had going (solved by cutting out that part of the clip).  For the 1st movie.. This is great.  I went back and looked at my 1st video and it's nowhere as good as this one..
2018-10-2
Use props
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141549 ft
United States

For a first movie I think it looks great.  I use Pinnacle as well.  I've used it since version 9 or 10.  I currently have 21.  I usually upgrade every other one.  So I will wait until 23.  If you have a specific question maybe I can help you.  Just let me know.  It is a challenging program but once you get used to it you'll find it pretty easy.
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-2 02:21
Awesome footage, thanks for sharing!

Thanks
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

djiuser_yD9wGx6UD7Jz Posted at 2018-10-2 03:28
Nice... can’t wait to attempt my first video!!! Any tips pls share

Hi,

Any tips.... Just give it a go... You will be surprised how strong the little MA is. I have had a few accidents already and it's still going strong !

Watch some videos on YouTube, there are many people who share their thoughts and how to set things up, it's awesome.

Have fun
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

JJBspark Posted at 2018-10-2 03:48
Hiya,

absoluteley great for a first video! Nice to see Thailand from above.

Thanks
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

A CW Posted at 2018-10-2 04:12
Really well done - good work!

Thanks

I had no idea how long the video editing can take !
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-2 04:13
Awesome! I'll give you a thumb up

Thanks   

I appreciate it .
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

nixuspix Posted at 2018-10-2 05:38
Very nice video. Great job. Thank You

Thanks
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

M2Wair Posted at 2018-10-2 06:10
Excellent first video, it's really well done and I enjoyed watching the video. Great work well done.

Thanks

It's been a steep leaning curve, between flying and editing, and the fact I don't have a creative bone in my body !
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

B1houdini Posted at 2018-10-2 06:41
Extremely nice job with the video.
The scenery was beautiful. Thought you made a good choice with the music.
Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Thanks

I found the whole experience quite draining to be honest, especially the post production with software that should work and has so many bugs..

Having watched many videos from here and YouTube I realised how important music choice can be, and that is also very subjective

Also learnt how strong the little MA is, and how I felt when I crashed it next to a big lake dreading the worst... I have the insurance from DJI, but that only helps if you can retrieve the drone ! Luckily this time in landed on the bank, one of the leg came off but it went back on no problem. Phew !

Appreciate the comments
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Woe Posted at 2018-10-2 06:51
Wow this is Outstanding

Thanks

Not sure about that, but I am pretty happy with it
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Thriller Posted at 2018-10-2 07:27
The place is amazing... well done. With footage you'll do better next time but for first time is quite good. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks

Yes, there are some amazing places over here, but I am trying to stay 'under the radar' being we are under military control...

We had this particular beach to ourselves pretty much, the sun finally shined and the haze was gone for a change.

It is the first time I have come to 'dislike' the short flying time, I used all 3 batteries very quickly and with no portable option readily available it was disappointing. But it could be worse, I might only have 1 battery
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

wjkrysak Posted at 2018-10-2 07:42
Beautiful area. Good first video. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks

Appreciate the comment.
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-10-2 08:11
Congratulations! Very nice first video!

Thanks
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-10-2 08:31
Nicely done...some nice footage in there!

Thanks
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

EakAfterCooler Posted at 2018-10-2 08:56
Nice, but please be careful. Hua-Hin have an Airport ,Palace and military base. and Thailand's law. Drone must 9km far from Airport.

I understand DJI no fly zone limit at 5km.

Howdy,

Yes I was aware of the airport and the military base near me but the app did not lock me out so I figured I was ok.

There are so many beautiful places here but unlikely I will ever get to film them because of the laws here so I am very careful about where I fly and when I go.

As an aside note, whilst doing some photography at one of the Islands off Pattaya we decided to go ashore for some model shots... barely setup when we heard what we though were gun shots, and they were.. The military fired a couple in the air and motioned we should leave.. They did not have to ask twice..
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-10-2 12:37
Nice video... great location, you had some sudden movements that threw off the smoothness you had going (solved by cutting out that part of the clip).  For the 1st movie.. This is great.  I went back and looked at my 1st video and it's nowhere as good as this one..

Thanks

Yes, I know about the jerkiness, I tried to cut it out but the program got the better of me...

Have tried all the recommended setting to try and avoid the jerky movements and try as I might to control my joysticks as well it still sees the jerky movements.. I am not sure what else to do...

I have learn t a lot form this experience, and will try some more editing and flying.. But access to such nice locations to use the drone is very limited here.. I am looking forward to going back Austrlia at the end of the month to hit our coastline and other scenic areas... At least there I can speak the language if the fun police arrive
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

HTWEELZ Posted at 2018-10-2 15:26
For a first movie I think it looks great.  I use Pinnacle as well.  I've used it since version 9 or 10.  I currently have 21.  I usually upgrade every other one.  So I will wait until 23.  If you have a specific question maybe I can help you.  Just let me know.  It is a challenging program but once you get used to it you'll find it pretty easy.

Thanks

Long story short I used to use Pinnacle about the same version as you back when... That was before I got into photography and I left videos behind... Wind the clock forward to this year and the purchase of the drone I had a new fondness of videos...

I had a look at a couple of programs but end up going with pinnacle 22 ultimate being I had good experience before... What a mistake. It is so full of bugs for a mature set of software I can't believe it.

I mean the most basic and important thing with editing I think  is transitions from one clip to another…

It can't do this without a lot of mucking around and it is now a well known bug in it... REALLY ! So most of the last 2 days putting this simple clip together was trying to get some sort of fade or transition happening... It's frustrating.

I have not even attempted all the whizz bang features yet ! And don't get me started about the stills that I put in and Pinnacle changed all the colours etc of the photos, they are embarrassing !  
2018-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Thanks  for watching  
2018-10-2
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Wow impressive video if that's your first well done love it
Thanks for sharing......
2018-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome
2018-10-2
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-10-2 22:38
Wow impressive video if that's your first well done love it
Thanks for sharing......

Thank you.

I have learnt a lot
2018-10-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-10-2 19:54
Thanks  

I had no idea how long the video editing can take !

You're welcome
It takes hours LOL - and can get very boring which is why I mainly edit stills but do enjoy vids too.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-10-2 20:12
Howdy,

Yes I was aware of the airport and the military base near me but the app did not lock me out so I figured I was ok.

"... but the app did not lock me out so I figured I was ok. "

Just be careful using that logic. The DJI app is rather limited in its NFZ restrictions and should only be used as a guide. For example, it doesn't have a 5.5km perimeter around airports in Australia and also doesn't have lots of places CASA define as a NFZ.
2018-10-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules