1234 6 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

So last week my 7.85" Ultrabright CrystalSky screen just starting flickering and turned off. Smelled like smoke and fan kicked in (don't think I've ever heard the fan turn on).
Anyway, right now it's in DJI repair under warranty.
It seems like overheating is an issue. What should I do to prevent it from happening?
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Glad to know that you were able to send the unit to our facility so that we could evaluate the unit. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case you need our assistance.
2018-10-2
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Reading the forums I dont think there is nothing you can do. The Ultra appears to be prone with backlight fails, killing the unit.  Just read through the Crystalsky forums ...Several guys are on their 3rd or 4th unit. Obviously there is a fault with the Crystalsky unit. But it appears all DJI does is repair or replace the unit under warranty. Dont know what you are expected to do after the 12 month warranty period? Surely DJI are not expecting you to pay for future repairs when there is a known inherent fault with the product.
2018-10-2
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-10-2 11:40
Reading the forums I dont think there is nothing you can do. The Ultra appears to be prone with backlight fails, killing the unit.  Just read through the Crystalsky forums ...Several guys are on their 3rd or 4th unit. Obviously there is a fault with the Crystalsky unit. But it appears all DJI does is repair or replace the unit under warranty. Dont know what you are expected to do after the 12 month warranty period? Surely DJI are not expecting you to pay for future repairs when there is a known inherent fault with the product.

Wow that sucks. Only thing I can think of is to just avoid going 100% brightness? I do remember being at 100% brightness on that day... and the outdoor temperature was only ~80-85F
2018-10-2
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm one of the members who are on his 3rd ultra and 2nd 5.5. All with Burnout backlights.
I've had no problems with overheating for the last 6 months or so.
I did believe the last 2 firmware updates had fixed the problem. Maybe not?
I do notice that for the last months my CS is staying cool and I hear the fan coming on more regularly than before.
I keep my ultra at 50% max and my 5.5 at about 70% brightness.
MIR... were you running the latest firmware?
In 2 months its summer again in Downunder... Fingers crossed these things stay cool.

2018-10-3
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Forestjim Posted at 2018-10-3 03:30
I'm one of the members who are on his 3rd ultra and 2nd 5.5. All with Burnout backlights.
I've had no problems with overheating for the last 6 months or so.
I did believe the last 2 firmware updates had fixed the problem. Maybe not?

That's nuts!
I do remember regularly checking for updated firmware. Just to be sure, you can do this by going to Settings and checking for an update towards the bottom? (I forgot the actual menu layout)
It did happen right after I updated DJI Go 4 on the Crystalsky, it was updated to support the Mavic 2 and before that I had no issues running it with 100% brightness with the P4P.Hope you don't experience one again.

2018-10-3
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mir Posted at 2018-10-3 08:19
That's nuts!
I do remember regularly checking for updated firmware. Just to be sure, you can do this by going to Settings and checking for an update towards the bottom? (I forgot the actual menu layout)
It did happen right after I updated DJI Go 4 on the Crystalsky, it was updated to support the Mavic 2 and before that I had no issues running it with 100% brightness with the P4P.Hope you don't experience one again.

ditto.....
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules