Video Record Time set for 4 K
2939 10 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
56 Ford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 231604 ft
United States

I am recording video in 4K. When I review them I discover I am only getting 4 minutes 50 seconds of record time. Can some one tell me how to increase the video time please? I am using a 64 Gig Micro SD Card so I have plenty of room. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what specific drone are you using? Are you using one of the Mavic series? You mean extending the video time recording? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-3
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

I have the same problem. I recorded in 2.7k and video just ends in 9.00 minutes and starts the next video. I did not find how to increase lenght on one video.
2018-10-3
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

The file system on the MicroSD card can't store files greater than 4 Gb.  Because of this the Mavic has to stop recording once that file size is reached, then start recording to a new file.   If you look at your 9 minute files, you'll see that they are all around 4 Gigs..

And 56 Ford...   are you getting a series of  4+ minute  files being recorded, or does the recording just end abrupbtly when you reach  the 4 minutes 50 seconds mark?   If the recording is abandoned leaving you to press record again, then the speed (not the size) of the card may not be able to handle the video..

2018-10-3
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

Jwt-873 Thank you for your reply. I am so new at this kind of stuff so its a really learning curve for me.  All of the video I have taken that should have been longer all ended at the 4 minute 50 second mark.  My Mavic 2 is the ZOOM. As to the 9 minute files I have not clue. Thanks again for your reply. Appreciate your input.
2018-10-3
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-3 14:00
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what specific drone are you using? Are you using one of the Mavic series? You mean extending the video time recording? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.

Tony, Its a Mavic 2 Zoom
2018-10-3
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

56 Ford Posted at 2018-10-3 16:35
Jwt-873 Thank you for your reply. I am so new at this kind of stuff so its a really learning curve for me.  All of the video I have taken that should have been longer all ended at the 4 minute 50 second mark.  My Mavic 2 is the ZOOM. As to the 9 minute files I have not clue. Thanks again for your reply. Appreciate your input.

My answer might have been a little confusing..   I answered another question asked by Henrijs in the same reply.

The video limit isn't in minutes.   It's in Gigabytes.  A recorded file can't exceed 4 Gigabytes.   Your drone SHOULD be recording until the file size gets to 4 gigabytes.  Once that happens it must stop and start again continuing to record  your subject video in a new file.  The files should be about 4 Gigabytes each.  If your video was 12 Gigabytes long, you' should wind up with three 4 Gb files.

When you press record, does your Mavic create a series of files during the recording process, each one about 4 minutes and 40 seconds long, or does it just create one single file that is 4 minutes and 50 seconds long and then stop recording completely?
2018-10-3
Use props
Pequodd
lvl.2
Australia

You'll need to format the card to exFAT. FAT32 only supports 4GB files.
Do this through the camera options in DJI Go 4.
If that doesn't work, format it through your pc/mac and select exFAT as the filesystem.
2018-10-3
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

Thank U all for replies. Yes, it create video file 4GB size. Then it create next one. It not stopping record, it just create next file. I can only  format my card on exFAT system, because there is no option for FAT32.

So everithing is correct, as it should be. Thanks.
2018-10-4
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

Henrijs Posted at 2018-10-4 03:34
Thank U all for replies. Yes, it create video file 4GB size. Then it create next one. It not stopping record, it just create next file. I can only  format my card on exFAT system, because there is no option for FAT32.

So everithing is correct, as it should be. Thanks.

I am having the same problem as mentioned in this report "I can only  format my card on exFAT system, because there is no option for FAT32. "
2018-10-4
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

Pequodd Posted at 2018-10-3 17:34
You'll need to format the card to exFAT. FAT32 only supports 4GB files.
Do this through the camera options in DJI Go 4.
If that doesn't work, format it through your pc/mac and select exFAT as the filesystem.

Here is what I found with my SD Extreme 64 Gig Card : I can only  format my card on exFAT system, because there is no option for FAT32.
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules