P2 poor battery life time
735 4 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
azupak
New

Poland

Hi,
i've got question about yours P2 battery life time. I heard/read that (average) after about 40 cycles most battery packages need to be replace. I saw some Phantom with the package after 43 cycles and after liftoff he need to land in about one minute because of low battery level.

DJI wrote that their battery packages should be enough for abour 300 cycles so I don't  understand what causes the difference (about 40 to 300 cycles)?

2015-6-1
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Neither do we, I just replaced one after 45 cycles. It would drop from 65 % real fast to 8% causing my bird to self auto land. Not always where I want it to. Battery was showing signs of starting to get puffy too. I don't know how many cycles others are getting but I would like to at least get to 100.
2015-6-1
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

The batteries are the mystery.  Very costly and no promises of the life.  Also, many people have different thoughts on how best to "break in a battery" (or if you should break in a battery).  The latest from Tesla home batteries is they now believe that they can not pack anymore power into a cell and/or the cost to pack in power is cost prohibitive.  Hopefully soon companies will be able to stand behind their products like they do other products.
2015-6-1
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

I have the same two batteries that came with my quad.  I have 60 Cycles on both of them.  I do my best to land the quad when the battery is 30% , and of course, I have done the 8% discharge 3 times for each battery.   i have a third battery with 19 cycles, well, let's see how it performs over time.  I do not dismiss that some batteries are defective.  
2015-6-1
Use props
azupak
New

Poland

Bobcat90 Posted at 2015-6-2 11:24
I have the same two batteries that came with my quad.  I have 60 Cycles on both of them.  I do my be ...

how much percentage of life you have in these 60-cycles packages ?
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules