My recent experience with DJI Repair Service
685 3 2018-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Commodon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347677 ft

I was hoping it would never happen, but after two years of no issues, crashes, etc. I clipped a branch on 9/14 while hovering about 15feet. As a result, my Phantom 4 sputtered, came straight down and hit the front lawn. Upon visible inspection of the damage the crash cracked and bent the front left arm upwards a bit rendering it no longer capable of flying.

I brought it home and began a more detailed inspection and determined the damage was limited to needing a new top (cover) and bottom, but other than that everything works correctly, including the sensors, camera and gimbal. My first thought was to try and repair it myself, but my second thought is to send it to DJI for repair. I figured I was looking at a cost of $150-200. At least that was my hope the cost would be less than $200. I was fearful if anything higher I would have to scrap it.

On 9/15 I contacted DJI via their website and submitted an online repair request. In my submission, I indicated the crash was "pilot error" and declined a review of the logs as it was unnecessary. In reponse I was assigned a case number and I was sent a shipping label via email to send the drone to DJI for repair.

On 9/17 I packaged the drone, wrapping it with bubble wrap, then placed inside a box and repeated wrapped packing tape around the box. I brought it to a local UPS store and sent it to DJI.

On 9/22 using the tracking number DJI received the drone for repair and that same day I was informed via the online repair progress inquiry they assessed the damage and additionally determined the motor needed to be replaced as well. They provided a bill for the repair cost ($100 THANK YOU!!!), which I paid the same day.

On 9/26 I was informed via online repair progress inquiry the drone was repaired and tested. I was additionally informed it was being sent back via UPS and provided a tracking number.

On 10/1 I received my drone from DJI. Upon opening the box, it was wrapped in layers of bubble wrap, safe and secure. I visually inspected it and confirmed what I received back from DJI was my drone and not a replacement (refurbed unit). I looked closer and what was the damaged area and it looks brand new. The replacement of the cover, motor, etc. was flawless. Using the enclosed sheet of instructions, I re-synced my remote controller and tested it out in the back yard. It flew without any issue. Everything looks great!

Despite my having read many stories and complaints from others about repairs, etc. the bottom line is that I am extremely happy with repair work performed, the response and service received. I was especially blown away with the fact I received my drone back within two weeks most of which was associated with the drone traveling to/from my house and DJI!

Thank you very much DJI!

2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback here we highly appreciate it, your satisfaction means to us. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Fly safely Cheers!
2018-10-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Always good to read something positive!
2018-10-3
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've sent  a couple in for repair work and always had a positive experience with them.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules