5012 10 2018-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Mavic 2 Pro ND Filter Tutorial on how to use ND Filter for your drone video. A tutorial covering mounting of filters and how to pick the right one including how to adjust your #Mavic2Pro footage for the right exposure

2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for sharing this tips. This would be very helpful to our customers who are using ND filters on the Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-3
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-3 09:40
Thanks for sharing this tips. This would be very helpful to our customers who are using ND filters on the Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for the support.

Thank you DJI Tony - I'm happy to help
2018-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-10-14
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Thank you for a most informative video. Applicable to other photography as well.
2018-10-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very informative   
2018-10-16
Use props
djiuser_LyOKTMXjPOAh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1101499 ft

United Kingdom

Thank you for the tips
2018-10-22
Use props
magicmagic
New

Ukraine

Thanks for sharing this tips.
2018-10-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

3 things:

1. Turning down the Saturation beyond -1 actually decreases Dynamic Range and introduces a Blue color cast.
2. The Mavic 2 Pro image becomes softer after f/5.6 due to diffraction, your aperture should be ideally between f/2.8 and f/4. Anything above f/5.6 is a no go.
3. "The polarizing effect changes with the horizontal leveling of your aircraft" ????????? "...but with a gimbal stabilized camera this shouldn't be an issue" ?????? WHAAAAAAAT?

Polarization has absolutely nothing to do with the gimbal stabilization nor the horizon of your aircraft. Polarization is stronger or weeker in relation to the sun. Idealy 90 degrees in relation to the sun (perpendicular). Also one has to be careful with wide angle lenses (like drones have) because a polarizer filter can introduce weird uneven patterns in the sky.

Friend I have the feeling that you thought that it would be cool to make another video but seriously, you should not try to teach about topics you don't understand. Unfortunately collecting information from the web without having any practical application is not enough.
2018-10-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-10-23 05:15
3 things:

1. Turning down the Saturation beyond -1 actually decreases Dynamic Range and introduces a Blue color cast.

Hi
I am a hobbyist camera guy and always trying to learn more. I found that using the new Skyreat ND/PL filters were fun to experiment with over water reducing the sun glare. With the sun overhead or 90* from the angle I am shooting gave me really good results. Here are some of my test shots

Rich

before adding ND/PL filter

before adding ND/PL filter
Before

After adding ND8/PL filter

After adding ND8/PL filter
After

Before ND filter

Before ND filter
Before

After ND8/PL

After ND8/PL
After

New set of 6 filters

New set of 6 filters

ND/PL are rotatable

ND/PL are rotatable

mounted on Mavic 2 Pro

mounted on Mavic 2 Pro
2018-10-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-23 07:32
Hi
I am a hobbyist camera guy and always trying to learn more. I found that using the new Skyreat ND/PL filters were fun to experiment with over water reducing the sun glare. With the sun overhead or 90* from the angle I am shooting gave me really good results. Here are some of my test shots

Exactly, I don't think 'Elevation', 'Horizon' and 'Gimbal' had much to do with it... lol

Nice.
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules