1813 7 2018-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys, my Mavic 2 fell out of the sky with no warning this week. The battery had 79% power and was in progress on a hyperlapse program when it appeared to lose power. I got an error: "Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft is controlling its power consumption and will initiate RTH." As that error came up an RTH alert pop-up and I could hear the props stop. and the Mav came down fast into a lake. I dove in and recovered the craft and was able to send it into DJI today for analysis. Wish me luck.

2018-10-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Same thing happened to my buddy but with his Mavic 2 Zoom. He was kayaking and his M2Z on Active Track fell into the water as soon as it loses track of him. He said he heard the motors stopped then a splash of water came after. People watching him saw the drone dropped like it lost power.
2018-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Though break, but it sounds like a malfunction, hopefully you get replacement and back flying soon.
2018-10-3
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-3 10:24
Though break, but it sounds like a malfunction, hopefully you get replacement and back flying soon.

Thanks, me too.  I'm actually glad it was over water and not anything it could have caused harm to.
2018-10-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hope this isn't a trend or sign of things to come.
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Dan, I'm sorry to hear about the incident of your Mavic. I managed to get your Case Number using your Forum account. Rest assured that the designated team will offer you a proper solution after they receive the package and do the damage assessment and other evaluation to know what caused the incident so we'll know as well how we can improve our products for better customer experience. You'll be notified via email once the process started upon receiving of the package in the facility. Thanks for your support!
2018-10-3
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-3 14:53
Hi Dan, I'm sorry to hear about the incident of your Mavic. I managed to get your Case Number using your Forum account. Rest assured that the designated team will offer you a proper solution after they receive the package and do the damage assessment and other evaluation to know what caused the incident so we'll know as well how we can improve our products for better customer experience. You'll be notified via email once the process started upon receiving of the package in the facility. Thanks for your support!

Thanks! DJI was very quick to asses the damage and decide to issue warranty replacement. Yay! Thanks DJI.
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2018-10-5 13:04
Thanks! DJI was very quick to asses the damage and decide to issue warranty replacement. Yay! Thanks DJI.

Glad to hear that good news, Dan! If you need further help, feel free to let us know and we'll be glad to assist.
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules