Fly more battery charging....
5831 10 2018-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

hi folks...after taking the plunge and purchasing a M2 Zoom etc withe the fly more  combo i notice that if i put all 3 batteries on the charging hub they only charge up one at a time..not simultaniously.
at first i was concerned but went through youtube after tutorial videos and found out this is normal.

my question is does it seem posssible or is it expected that there might be a firmware update  so as they can all charge together ??

this one at a time thing makes no sense to me

thanks

Brian
2018-10-3
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

While it's possible DJI could release a firmware update for the charging hub, it's not likely the hub will ever charge more than one battery at a time. It's just not something DJI normally does.
2018-10-3
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Non of the DJI hubs charges multiples together. You will need to purchase an aftermarket charging station for that.
2018-10-3
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

The supplied charger provides 17.6Volts at 4.41 Amps.  That's 60 Watts.   Three batteries could take up to 180 Watts.    I don't think it has the capacity to charge three at once.  (Mine gets pretty hot just charging the one battery that came with my Mavic 2)
2018-10-3
Use props
Pequodd
lvl.2
Australia

By design it charges batteries individually in order of highest to lowest charge level, Let's you get back in the air asap.
I don't see much merit in charging all the batteries at a reduced charge rate (given we're using the same 60W charger, or 80W for the car charger).
Unless we're talking about longevity of batteries by charging at a lower C.
2018-10-3
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

The spark's hub charged simultaneously, so it was a step back for the mavic not to.  That's the way it goes.
2018-10-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

That would be a useful feature on the Mavic 2, especially since the Spark has balance charging and it really makes things more efficient and quick to get back on and shoot some video.
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this topic to us. Regarding your concern, We will forward this to our R&D department for clarification and future request. If you have further question, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-3
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-3 13:09
Non of the DJI hubs charges multiples together. You will need to purchase an aftermarket charging station for that.

this is whats confusing as the sparks charging hub does all three at once
2018-10-4
Use props
Manta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1738937 ft
New Zealand

You'd need a power supply four times as powerful as the one supplied in order to charge 4 batteries in parallel; no amount of firmware update is going to make that happen!
2018-10-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

The wall charger I received with my fly more kit won't work with my hub charger I get a red light on the hub as soon as I power it up.  So I can only charge one battery at a time for the moment until DJI stock the wall chargers again.
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules