Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI have extremely rigid warranty coverage
2066 19 2018-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yllek
lvl.1

Singapore

I have been faithfully maintaining my Mavic Air battery (charging it occasionally even if I am not flying) and one of the battery just wouldn't charge up anymore. So I file in a warranty claim but DJI just wouldn't acknowledge their 6-months warranty for accessories just because I file in my case 6 days after the expiry date.
FYI, my case was attended by ALEX and then transferred to a supervisor level and CHARLES took over the case. I am astonished that a supervisory personnel have absolute no good judgement, no EQ and no concern on maintaining good customer service to uphold DJI's reputation. It's totally not worth tarnishing the branding just because of a 6 days expired warranty period.

My battery was activated on 18 March 2018.
I wrote in to DJI on 24 Sep 2018.
Warranty ends on 18 Sep 2018.
I only exceeded 6 days from the expiry date and the warranty claim is no longer effective.

Shame on you DJI. You manufacture an intelligent battery to last 1000 cycle! Not last for 6 months only! Such rigid treatment is bad customer service. It didn't even cross Charles's mind that the battery would have been unchargeable before the warranty ended but user only realised it later. DJI must practice flexibility in such claim because most people don't fly a drone like they drink and eat everyday. People will not realise it until they plan to fly the drone.

So people, please know that DJI ain't that flexible on the warranty claim.
2018-10-4
Use props
Ridg
First Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

I can feel your frustration in missing the day by 6 days and them having no leniency, however 6 months warranty on a lipo IMO is extremely generous given the nature of them
2018-10-4
Use props
yllek
lvl.1

Singapore

Ridg Posted at 2018-10-4 03:18
I can feel your frustration in missing the day by 6 days and them having no leniency, however 6 months warranty on a lipo IMO is extremely generous given the nature of them

This ain't any normal lipo battery. It's an overpriced Intelligent lipo battery which I feel should come with high standard of warranty and customer service because they are highly priced. Seriously.... who would check their battery on a daily battery to track the health and to realise it on a timely manner.
2018-10-4
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft

This is pretty standard behavior for most electronic companies. If this annoys you, Just wait until you buy a new car with a factory warranty and have it long enough for the warranty to expire on that..

I had a dishwasher that crapped out on me literally 1 days after my 1 year warranty and Samsung wouldn't cover it so I had to pay $200 to have it fixed. You get that feeling that they have some switch and they hit it the second they know it's out of warranty.  I 100% get you though, it sucks but the guidelines are spelled out pretty clearly. All you can really do is just take it because it's pretty standard among most electronics.  

I doubt it will, but if it makes you feel any better. I used to race RC cars with 4S lipo's that would run me abut $90 each. Those come with zero warranty at all. One brand had a 2 week warranty I believe. Honestly you would get maybe 2 months out of one with regular use before it started to swell.  Now I am not saying DJI doesn't have the authority to step in and say "We will make an exception for you" but the one thing I can say is that they seem really consistent. Not much of this "give 1 person an exception while telling another no" They seem to be strict to their warranty policy pretty solid all around.

Who knows, maybe someone will see this post at DJI and decide to actually cut a break too. You never know.
2018-10-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

If DJI makes an exception for one, then they dill have to do so for all.
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to read on this, Yllek, if it is convenient, please kindly provide me with your case number so we can check, we'll hope to learn from the cases and keep improving our service. Thank you
2018-10-4
Use props
yllek
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-4 10:22
Sorry to read on this, Yllek, if it is convenient, please kindly provide me with your case number so we can check, we'll hope to learn from the cases and keep improving our service. Thank you

Diana. I haven’t even got to the stage of obtaining a case ID and Charles has already put off the warranty claim. You can trace the conversation with ticket 1375472.
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

yllek Posted at 2018-10-4 12:14
Diana. I haven’t even got to the stage of obtaining a case ID and Charles has already put off the warranty claim. You can trace the conversation with ticket 1375472.

Thanks for the info, Kelly. I managed to review the thread and can confirm that the info provided is correct and all based from on the DJI Aftersales Policy that you've agreed on by purchasing our product. As mentioned by other Forum members above, these are LiPo batteries which are very sensitive that's why we have a Battery Safety Guidelines to make sure the customers will know how to take care the battery life. The warranty is just for 6 months not because it was designed to work just for 6 months. 6 months is somehow enough for the customer to properly use the battery to make sure it will last. We understand your frustration about this but I hope you understand that DJI is bound with its policy to be fair with all customers. Thanks for your cooperation and support.
2018-10-4
Use props
yllek
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-4 17:12
Thanks for the info, Kelly. I managed to review the thread and can confirm that the info provided is correct and all based from on the DJI Aftersales Policy that you've agreed on by purchasing our product. As mentioned by other Forum members above, these are LiPo batteries which are very sensitive that's why we have a Battery Safety Guidelines to make sure the customers will know how to take care the battery life. The warranty is just for 6 months not because it was designed to work just for 6 months. 6 months is somehow enough for the customer to properly use the battery to make sure it will last. We understand your frustration about this but I hope you understand that DJI is bound with its policy to be fair with all customers. Thanks for your cooperation and support.

Diana

I posted here to warn and tell others about how DJI work. I am free to express my opinion. Regardless what is the industry practice. I feel that if I have overshot a month from my expiry date and still demand for warranty coverage, perhaps I may be deem too demanding. I am absolutely sure that this battery is lemon before the expiry date but only discovered later. If I don’t take care of my battery, why didn’t the other 2 battery give way and only this battery is not chargeable? To me it’s just bad customer service and it deserves to be made known.
2018-10-4
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer

Seriously, What is up with all of the posts lately with people who do not grasp the entire meaning of a warranty and how it works?

It died after warranty. I am really sorry that happened and I know it sucks ass. Everyone here is empathetic to you, but there is no argument for you. you have no leg to stand on...You used it for 6 months problem free so it clearly was in no way defective. 6 months Is  plenty of time for someone to be able to know if a Lipo is defective or not.  If it actually died sooner and you didn't report it until after the 6 months, that's your own fault for not reporting it in time and making a claim when it was still under warranty. You can't blame DJI for that.

The fact you are demanding anything makes you come off as a completely entitled and a "I demand to see you manager" type of person that feels they should be handed free stuff from companies over the slightest issue even when it's not the companies fault.  If you were demanding something that was within reason, like say the battery died a month after getting it, I would totally understand. At this point, you just want DJI to hook you up with free stuff because something out of warranty stopped working on you over half a year later. Which really is just warning us about you and your morals, not about DJI.  

Typically I'm right there on the bandwagon to call DJI out when they mess up but in this case DJI actually did every single thing they promised they would do to a T.

A warranty exists to allow a person enough time to use the product to tell if it is defective (most lipo batteries have no warranty or like a 1 week warranty and DJI gives theirs 6 months which doesn't sound long but for a lipo battery that is pretty long)
Once that time exceeds (in this case half a year) this tells the company that for that entire period, the product worked just fine without the customer coming with an issue. So after that, any issues that occur are the responsibility of the customer and the product has met their quality control standards. The product can go on living for another 40,000 cycles or another 10 cycles. Until that warranty expired it had no issues though so who knows if something happened to the battery out of carelessness or what. A company HAS to set some sort of boundaries for when they say "this product has survived long enough to tell us that we did everything on our end anything past this will be considered standard wear and tear of the customer"

Seriously, DJI should not have to replace and give anyone free stuff because it's past their warranty. They do not hide their warranties or sneak the details somewhere you can't find. They actually make it very easy to find and see. DJI is not a nonprofit organization, they are a company designed to make money for their goods. They do not owe you anything so stop acting so entitled.  

You literally said "So I file in a warranty claim but DJI just wouldn't acknowledge their 6-months warranty for accessories just because I file in my case 6 days after the expiry date."  But it sounds like they did exactly that and acknowledged their 6-months warranty for accessories, by informing you that you was past that 6 months.

I do not see bad customer service here.. I just see an entitled bad customer at this point.

2018-10-5
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Preach brother. preach!
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

yllek Posted at 2018-10-4 20:48
Diana

I posted here to warn and tell others about how DJI work. I am free to express my opinion. Regardless what is the industry practice. I feel that if I have overshot a month from my expiry date and still demand for warranty coverage, perhaps I may be deem too demanding. I am absolutely sure that this battery is lemon before the expiry date but only discovered later. If I don’t take care of my battery, why didn’t the other 2 battery give way and only this battery is not chargeable? To me it’s just bad customer service and it deserves to be made known.

Hi Kelly, I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. The designated team will keep following up your case and see if there is anything else we can help. Hope for your understanding.
2018-10-9
Use props
yllek
lvl.1

Singapore

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-5 04:31
Seriously, What is up with all of the posts lately with people who do not grasp the entire meaning of a warranty and how it works?

It died after warranty. I am really sorry that happened and I know it sucks ass. Everyone here is empathetic to you, but there is no argument for you. you have no leg to stand on...You used it for 6 months problem free so it clearly was in no way defective. 6 months Is  plenty of time for someone to be able to know if a Lipo is defective or not.  If it actually died sooner and you didn't report it until after the 6 months, that's your own fault for not reporting it in time and making a claim when it was still under warranty. You can't blame DJI for that.

Bro DJI messed up big time is many department although what I am complaining about is just the battery this round. The accumulated bad customer service added everything up so I cannot help but wonder what kind of customer there is in DJI. I have another 2 paid repair cases going with them at the moment and it’s been 25 days and no constructive advise or quotes from their support team except “sorry you just have to wait”. There are days that they have hardware that is obviously screwed up by the firmware and they are not responsible for it.

Before you start educating others, maybe you should pause and realize everyone have different experiences with DJI and I am entitled to my opinion. If you want to compare about lipo batteries, pls know that DJI batteries ain’t cheap and since we are paying more for it. It should be assured of its endurance and quality. Expectation commence with the price tag.

Honestly the battery is probably spoiled before the 6 months warranty and indeed I am unlucky to discover later. You are asking me to suck my thumb. You work for DJI or boot lick them or what? With all manufacturer, they make the margin, they want to maintain branding, trust, loyalty... then they have to upkeep the service standard and in my opinion, accepting a warranty claim that only expires less than a week ain’t a ridiculous request. Maybe that’s how it works in your country but not mine.

Please look at the entirety, I have encountered firmware issues that screwed up core boards and who’s to blame? Who’s responsible for creating firmware that slows down the old drone models or limit the range etc? You seriously think DJI is angel?
2018-10-10
Use props
yllek
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-9 22:57
Hi Kelly, I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. The designated team will keep following up your case and see if there is anything else we can help. Hope for your understanding.

Susan. The case is close and final. I doubt there is a team that is continuing with the case ID. Unless it’s true and someone follow up with me by email, otherwise please do not give fake impression here. My post is simple : warn people that DJI is rigid about the warranty period. Warn them to check their equipment regularly to spot any fault before warranty expires.
2018-10-10
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer

yllek Posted at 2018-10-10 04:27
Bro DJI messed up big time is many department although what I am complaining about is just the battery this round. The accumulated bad customer service added everything up so I cannot help but wonder what kind of customer there is in DJI. I have another 2 paid repair cases going with them at the moment and it’s been 25 days and no constructive advise or quotes from their support team except “sorry you just have to wait”. There are days that they have hardware that is obviously screwed up by the firmware and they are not responsible for it.

Before you start educating others, maybe you should pause and realize everyone have different experiences with DJI and I am entitled to my opinion. If you want to compare about lipo batteries, pls know that DJI batteries ain’t cheap and since we are paying more for it. It should be assured of its endurance and quality. Expectation commence with the price tag.

It was nice to have had the pleasure to meet you yllek, I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors. Have a great morning (or evening depending on where you are from I guess)
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

yllek Posted at 2018-10-10 04:28
Susan. The case is close and final. I doubt there is a team that is continuing with the case ID. Unless it’s true and someone follow up with me by email, otherwise please do not give fake impression here. My post is simple : warn people that DJI is rigid about the warranty period. Warn them to check their equipment regularly to spot any fault before warranty expires.

Kelly, the team will keep following your case, you may receive the email soon. We appreciate your support and patience.
2018-10-11
Use props
yllek
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 10-11 18:27
Kelly, the team will keep following your case, you may receive the email soon. We appreciate your support and patience.

Susan... FYI, nobody followed up since your last reply on 11 Oct. Expected.....
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

yllek Posted at 12-27 02:25
Susan... FYI, nobody followed up since your last reply on 11 Oct. Expected.....

Please kindly check your email since 12th Oct, and the last email was sent by 19th Oct 17:49. If there is any further question, please reply it directly, thank you!
2018-12-27
Use props
yllek
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-27 05:05
Please kindly check your email since 12th Oct, and the last email was sent by 19th Oct 17:49. If there is any further question, please reply it directly, thank you!

Oh... I didn't know you consider that as a reply Susan. At the end of the day, there is no warranty coverage. All I was given is a 10% discount to buy a new battery from your store, which I believe would have been cheaper if I buy locally. Besides, before the discount was offered to me, I had already made a purchase for a new battery. Just utterly disappointed about the entire matter and sad to know that DJI is just after sales, sales, sales...
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

yllek Posted at 1-7 00:19
Oh... I didn't know you consider that as a reply Susan. At the end of the day, there is no warranty coverage. All I was given is a 10% discount to buy a new battery from your store, which I believe would have been cheaper if I buy locally. Besides, before the discount was offered to me, I had already made a purchase for a new battery. Just utterly disappointed about the entire matter and sad to know that DJI is just after sales, sales, sales...

I sincerely apologize if there is any misunderstanding between us. For your case, the team has offered the best solution, I'm sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations. For the future battery maintenance, you may refer to the guidelines here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules