Gimble disconnected.
997 7 2018-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guvnor 1970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2719022 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I've just had my first flight with my mavic pro & found I have no picture. When I looked at the status information it said " gimble disconnected " . I can't see any problem with the gimble & it done it's usual start up process on starting but no picture. I'm using my iPhone 7+ . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2018-10-4
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Double check that the gimball is securely connected under the rubber band. Then do a gimball calibration. If still doesn't work. When the AC IS OFF, hold the gimball with hand and move it to both extreme gently but firmly and then turn it back on. You might need to do it a few time.
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask where did you purchase the unit and how old is your aircraft now since you received it? Did the gimbal response with on your command using the RC?  I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI the DJI Assistant 2. After using the application on your computer, you can reboot the unit and check if there will be changes on the camera live feed. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-10-4
Use props
Guvnor 1970
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-4 10:30
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask where did you purchase the unit and how old is your aircraft now since you received it? Did the gimbal response with on your command using the RC?  I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI the DJI Assistant 2. After using the application on your computer, you can reboot the unit and check if there will be changes on the camera live feed. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Hi. I bought the drone on eBay. The seller told me it's about 6 months old. It seems to be in very good condition no marks or scratches so I have no reason to disbelieve him. It flies fine it's just there's no picture. I have looked on YouTube & there are several videos about this issue & it seems the drone & iPhone 7+ are not compatible. But all the videos on there seem to give a different reason & solution some of which make no sense to me at all.
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Guvnor 1970 Posted at 2018-10-4 11:46
Hi. I bought the drone on eBay. The seller told me it's about 6 months old. It seems to be in very good condition no marks or scratches so I have no reason to disbelieve him. It flies fine it's just there's no picture. I have looked on YouTube & there are several videos about this issue & it seems the drone & iPhone 7+ are not compatible. But all the videos on there seem to give a different reason & solution some of which make no sense to me at all.

Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply. May we have the screenshot of this issue for a further check? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-5
Use props
Guvnor 1970
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-5 09:52
Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply. May we have the screenshot of this issue for a further check? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.

2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the late response. Did you try the DJI Assistant 2? Do we have an option to use the different device so that we can easily isolate the issue if you'll be getting a live feed on the other device? If you already tried these steps. I would recommend sending the unit to our facility for further evaluation. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2018-10-7
Use props
Guvnor 1970
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all thank you all for your good advice I have now resolved the problem. It turned out to be a faulty lead which I have now replaced & everything is working fine. All I need now is the weather to clear up.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules