Scary Flight today Mavic 2 Pro.
1006 9 2018-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

Hey guys, I was flying this afternoon my brand new mavic 2 pro, I was around 600m away with full conection bars when my display went disconnected. I freaked out and immediatly hit the return to home button, my screen then came back. I had no previous signal warnings or anything. This is the first time it has happened. (from around 5-6 short flights).
Other scary thing was that I was on sport mode doing a quick pass when a Cpu overload error appeared. I'm not sure if it was either mobile cpu or cpu I just read "overload" and freaked out How can I review this error? I tried in the flight logs but no error appeared. Any help? I must add it was a hot day, like 27c I'm a newbie and all of this is new for me, my hand shakes when going further than 100m lol.

2018-10-4
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Without the actual flight data, we're completely speculating.

1.) "I was around 600m away with full connection bars when my display went disconnected". - did you notice anything that might have been blocking the MP2 connection i.e. building, tree, obstacles etc ??

2.) "I freaked out and immediatly hit the return to home button," - not good idea to freak out but in this instance, good to RTH.

3.) "Other scary thing was that I was on sport mode doing a quick pass when a Cpu overload error appeared." -  Never seen this so wonder what others experience has been with this error. I've had  a message pop up when going full throttle but not indicating CPU.

4.) "must add it was a hot day, like 27c" - 80 degrees F isn't going to do anything to the craft, that's actually perfect weather.

5.) "hand shakes when going further than 100m lol" - just don't drop the RC ...lol..  also keep the MP2 within VLOS.

Good luck and glad you still have the MP2.

2018-10-4
Use props
Stone Stomper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57953 ft
Australia

Hi mate,

I have only done back garden flights so far and found the micro USB with my iPhone 6 will disconnect holding the remote sometimes as you fingers can move the micro usb that goes into the controller so I now use the large usb at the bottom of the remote.

Christian
2018-10-4
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Colombia

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-10-4 14:18
Without the actual flight data, we're completely speculating.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

1-2) I did not notice anything blocking the signal, it was just my phone. RC worked perfectly showing full bars. RTH was initiated without any delay.

3) I fly using an iphone 6s plus, I notice is way more laggy than my Mavic Pro, when taking a pic etc it just stutters, I hope a DJI assistant can help me to determine what caused that error.  

4-5) It's all part of the experience.

2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Please make sure to use a compatible device to avoid any disconnection error. Also, we don't recommend to fly drones in a hot weather. Please fly with caution to avoid any issue when flying. If you have other concern, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
2018-10-4
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Colombia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-4 14:39
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Please make sure to use a compatible device to avoid any disconnection error. Also, we don't recommend to fly drones in a hot weather. Please fly with caution to avoid any issue when flying. If you have other concern, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Thank you, I'm using an Iphone 6s plus. I try to avoid every possible issue, that's why I'm concerned why that error showed up. I would like to review it. How can I send my logs to you?
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ali3N Posted at 2018-10-4 14:46
Thank you, I'm using an Iphone 6s plus. I try to avoid every possible issue, that's why I'm concerned why that error showed up. I would like to review it. How can I send my logs to you?

Hello sorry for the late reply. Can you please provide me first your serial number? You can send that via PM. Thanks.
2018-10-5
Use props
djiuser_cm2JEaqNfekr
New

AirData, is amazing go, it's Free, there is other pyament options
2019-9-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft

My hand also shakes when something like that happens but I've come to the point that DJI Mavic have a great technology and the drone will always come back to you provided that it didn't crash, Ive experience Mavic after a good 5 or 6 minutes returning to me safe and sound, Ipad was completely blanked out, flying over water at the time on a rescue mission and only finding out after that I was too close to a NFZ, yes my hands were shaking, then relief when my wife told me she could hear it coming back, so yes I know the feeling.
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>

CPU overload is normally caused by the device. Switch off the video cache in the app and shut down all apps in the background and this will help - especially with older devices.
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules