1089 13 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orinoco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118451 ft
Ireland

Hello,
Simple issue, My mavic air always has a tilted horizon after I fly left/right - I'm not flying in sport mode, just normal, it very slowly returns to level once stopped but once I move left / right again it tilts. I have calibrated both the IMU and Gimbal via the phone. I have also updated to the recent firmware (as of 5th Oct.)

• Is there anymore more I can do to test if my Mavic has a issue, or it' some software issue?
  • I bought via Amazon - who do I return it to? Amazon are telling me I need a 'file number' DJI support did not know what that even was.
  • Is returning for repair going to cost me? Drone was purchased on June 19, 2018, I do no have'DJI - refresh'.
  • My issue appears,
Kinda at a lose now as for what to do ?

2018-10-5
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Do you fly in sport mode? When you fly side way in sport, it have to tilt to counteract. Can you try to fly slowly and see?
2018-10-5
Use props
Orinoco
lvl.2
Ireland

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-10-5 03:43
Do you fly in sport mode? When you fly side way in sport, it have to tilt to counteract. Can you try to fly slowly and see?

No It's normal it tilts even when the stick is at 60% left/right in normal mode.
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Orinoco, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your DJI Mavic Air. Please click the link below for you to fill out the form for online repair request. Thank you.

Welcome to DJI Repair Services
2018-10-5
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

May be you can adjust manually tilt in gimbal setting? Check if FPV or follow mode. If non of above do not work,then you should send for replacement. Good luck
2018-10-5
Use props
Orinoco
lvl.2
Ireland

Can anyone tell me, the cost/proceedure for sending the drone in for repair:

Bought June 2018, assumed mechanical gimbal issue - if its a mechanical issue how much could this cost me? If its just a update/calibration issue and I still send it in assuming there is an issue, how much could it cost?
2018-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Orinoco Posted at 2018-10-5 13:21
Can anyone tell me, the cost/proceedure for sending the drone in for repair:

Bought June 2018, assumed mechanical gimbal issue - if its a mechanical issue how much could this cost me? If its just a update/calibration issue and I still send it in assuming there is an issue, how much could it cost?

There is no cost for returning drone, you just need to get a case number, dji will send you link to download ups label and collection date you just need to pack up your drone and wait for pick up.
2018-10-5
Use props
Orinoco
lvl.2
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-5 13:40
There is no cost for returning drone, you just need to get a case number, dji will send you link to download ups label and collection date you just need to pack up your drone and wait for pick up.

Thanks, but is there a cost for them repair it? I am worried about being stuck for a bill, either because the problem was fixable by me, or im not covered by warrenty
2018-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Orinoco Posted at 2018-10-5 14:02
Thanks, but is there a cost for them repair it? I am worried about being stuck for a bill, either because the problem was fixable by me, or im not covered by warrenty

If warranty covers your drone you won’t have to pay anything they will ship back to you, if there is a cost you will have the option of paying or they will return, looking at your problem I would say you will be covered by warranty.
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Orinoco Posted at 2018-10-5 14:02

Hi Orinoco, sorry for the troubles with the drone, the warranty service will be provided if it is evaluated as a product defect, if not, we cannot tell how much it will cost without evaluating the drone currently, but you can refer to the price of the main parts here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2018-10-5
Use props
Orinoco
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-5 18:22
Hi Orinoco, sorry for the troubles with the drone, the warranty service will be provided if it is evaluated as a product defect, if not, we cannot tell how much it will cost without evaluating the drone currently, but you can refer to the price of the main parts here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry

Thank you Mindy,
I took the above advices and updated the mavic via DJI assistant, and calibrated using the assistant and then took it for another flight:
During the flight i flew left/right and once again noticed the tilted horizon, I then manually adjusted the gimbal in the app during flight, this helps but still does not fix the drifting horizon. I made a video of the flight here:

Any advice on whether I am over reacting or there is indeed a gimbal issue? Anyone, Basically is it worth sending back for repair?
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Orinoco Posted at 2018-10-6 02:41
Thank you Mindy,
I took the above advices and updated the mavic via DJI assistant, and calibrated using the assistant and then took it for another flight:
During the flight i flew left/right and once again noticed the tilted horizon, I then manually adjusted the gimbal in the app during flight, this helps but still does not fix the drifting horizon. I made a video of the flight here:

Did you refer to Optimus_Prime's suggestion to check if you selected the FPV gimbal mode? If the issue happens in Follow mode, the drone will need to be sent in for further evaluation.
2018-10-7
Use props
Orinoco
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-7 02:46
Did you refer to Optimus_Prime's suggestion to check if you selected the FPV gimbal mode? If the issue happens in Follow mode, the drone will need to be sent in for further evaluation.

@DJI Mindy
I have just flown using FPV mode, the camera tilts while flying left/right but also has an odd jerking motion and basically the camera view is not fluid. I also notice the camera view is no longer level.

Can you please advise my next course of action?
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Orinoco Posted at 2018-10-10 07:29
@DJI Mindy
I have just flown using FPV mode, the camera tilts while flying left/right but also has an odd jerking motion and basically the camera view is not fluid. I also notice the camera view is no longer level.

If the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent back to the repair center for further evaluation, please start a ticket here https://repair.dji.com/repair/index and send in at your most convenience.
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules