8995 23 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tnap22
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Hi there,

Has anyone else had any issues trying to get their 70D to work? I can't get the IR to work to save my life.

It's plugged in and pointing at the camera but none of the buttons seem to work except the joystick.

Thanks!
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However, 70D is still under the development plan. As of the moment, you can do physically balanced and stabilize and were still looking into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models. Kindly check the attached image below for reference. You may also check this on our website. Should you have further question, please let us know. We're here to help. Thank you.

2018-10-5
Use props
Tnap22
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-5 09:49
Hi there. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However, 70D is still under the development plan. As of the moment, you can only do physically balanced and stabilize and were still looking into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models. Kindly check the attached image below for reference. You may also check this on our website. Should you have further question, please let us know. We're here to help. Thank you.

[view_image]

So essentially what you're saying is I can't use any of the smart features with the device as well due to the cable not working? I just paid $1100 for a stabiliser that only stabilises?
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tnap22 Posted at 2018-10-7 01:12
So essentially what you're saying is I can't use any of the smart features with the device as well due to the cable not working? I just paid $1100 for a stabiliser that only stabilises?

Hi, I will forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-10-7
Use props
Oleksandr Biezmienov
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-7 08:45
Hi, I will forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Please advise if you have any update on this issue above?
I am using Mark III and very happy with Ronin, but for certain kind of shoots I need to use 70D and it woks only as an expensive stabilizer...
I am looking forward to hear from you shortly!
ps/ the last firmware in Assistant - doesn't resolve the issue too.
2018-10-21
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

What I cannot understand with the issue of the numerous cameras that the Ronin S does not support is why it is never mentioned in any of the numerous online video reviews. None of the reviewers mention that the great majority of cameras or camera/lens setups do not work.
2018-10-21
Use props
Oleksandr Biezmienov
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-7 08:45

Please advise if you have any update on this issue above?
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oleksandr Biezmienov Posted at 11-4 13:23
Please advise if you have any update on this issue above?

Hi, we will let you know once we have the update for the Canon 70D for the Ronin-S. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-11-4
Use props
Ontwo
New
Belgium

With my Canon 80D the record button doesn't work (after calibration, after app install) In the same time, some youtubers made it work on 80D.
Can you help ?
2018-11-5
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I used the 70D with the Ronin with the IR cable. You need to enable the 2 second time on the camera. This feature enable the IR-Remote control.

You also have to set in the Ronin App the camera to Canon and that's it. It worked smoothly even for timelapses.
2018-11-5
Use props
Tnap22
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 11-5 19:07
I used the 70D with the Ronin with the IR cable. You need to enable the 2 second time on the camera. This feature enable the IR-Remote control.

You also have to set in the Ronin App the camera to Canon and that's it. It worked smoothly even for timelapses.

I tried doing this and had no luck with it.

Seems like it’s very tempromental.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tnap22 Posted at 11-5 23:37
I tried doing this and had no luck with it.

Seems like it’s very tempromental.

Hi Tnap22, raphael is correct, Canon 70D supports RSS-IR cable, the record button should work, please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version and point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, you can use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
Then please select the Canon camera in Create--Camera Control of the APP. GTScreenshot_20180926_164321.png
2018-11-6
Use props
Tnap22
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Yeah I've got the latest software on the Ronin S but I'm using the 70D. I've tried with the cable in too and on the remote settings for 2 second control.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ontwo Posted at 11-5 06:25
With my Canon 80D the record button doesn't work (after calibration, after app install) In the same time, some youtubers made it work on 80D.
Can you help ?

Hi Ontwo, please check my post in 12#, thanks.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tnap22 Posted at 11-6 02:13
Yeah I've got the latest software on the Ronin S but I'm using the 70D. I've tried with the cable in too and on the remote settings for 2 second control.

How about the firmware of your camera, is it the latest version? Please don't forget to select the right camera model in the APP.
2018-11-6
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-6 01:15
Hi Tnap22, raphael is correct, Canon 70D supports RSS-IR cable, the record button should work, please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version and point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, you can use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
Then please select the Canon camera in Create--Camera Control of the APP.[view_image]

Exactly. Mine worked like this picture. Remember that the IR receiver from the camera is on the grip not the other one close to the lens. That one is just a light focus assist.

Mine worked with the cabe touching the receiver from the camera. It must be really pointed to the sensor horizontaly (like her photo).
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 11-6 11:09
Exactly. Mine worked like this picture. Remember that the IR receiver from the camera is on the grip not the other one close to the lens. That one is just a light focus assist.

Mine worked with the cabe touching the receiver from the camera. It must be really pointed to the sensor horizontaly (like her photo).

Hi raphael, yes, it is very important to mount the cable properly, thanks for sharing.
2018-11-8
Use props
Ontwo
New
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-6 03:20
Hi Ontwo, please check my post in 12#, thanks.

Thanks for this clear answer. Indeed it works now. Thanks admin
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ontwo Posted at 11-13 02:45
Thanks for this clear answer. Indeed it works now. Thanks admin

Glad to hear that, hope you have a great time with Ronin-S.
2018-11-13
Use props
pravmr
New
United States

The IR cable did not work with 80D to begin with. Had to go to the ronin app on the phone --> create --> camera --> select canon.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pravmr Posted at 4-21 10:33
The IR cable did not work with 80D to begin with. Had to go to the ronin app on the phone --> create --> camera --> select canon.

Hi pravmr, that is correct, when using IR cable, we must select the corresponding camera model in the APP first, we apologize if there is any inconvenience caused.
2019-4-22
Use props
sodardanayr
New

United Arab Emirates

Tnap22 Posted at 2018-11-6 02:13
Yeah I've got the latest software on the Ronin S but I'm using the 70D. I've tried with the cable in too and on the remote settings for 2 second control.

Hi Tnap22. Were you able to connect your 70D with the gimbal successfully? I also use Canon 70 D and I tried to connect the IR cable and followed the instruction above but it did not work for me.. Any update from you guys?
2019-7-24
Use props
Chris Rahaman
New

Guyana

Hi, will there ever be an update for the Ronin s with the Canon 70d?
2019-11-27
Use props
Kochens
New

Germany

raphael_bellizzi, was right about the fix. The Canon eos 70D works with the IR on Dji Ronin-S. But miss some features.
2022-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules