Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed Inspire 1 filming Nepal's earthquake aftermath
1500 5 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kxrana
New

Nepal

First of all, I was very fortunate to have survived the earthquake that devastated Nepal. And I just happened to have Inspire 1 with me when it all happened. I started recording all the footages of damages and uploading them online. Soon enough, every major news agencies across the world were interested in acquiring the footages.
Well on the 2nd day, my Inspire 1 crashed because the damn prop flew off in mid air. Props locs were in place, props were tightly secured, everything was as per the checklist I use before I fly. Thank god, there was nobody on the ground when it fell to its death about 70 feet i'd say. That would have been horrible. I contacted DJI about the problem, made me upload the flight data recorder and they agreed that it was not my fault.

Decided to send me a new replacement right away, shipped to Nepal. Due to my luck, I finally received the new Inspire 1 after 4 weeks. All of this was made possible by Marco Ma. Without him, I don't know what I would have done.

So my feedback regarding DJI's customer service.

I think DJI seriously needs to work on their customer care department. Their responses are not very prompt, most of the people don't speak or write proper english. Since they are already a multinational company, poor english communication has no excuses. I could have given DJI an absolute nightmare of a bad publicity had I told any one of the news agencies that the prop snapped off in mid air and it crashed almost killing/seriously injuring someone on the ground. But I didn't.

2015-6-1
Use props
leoamartinez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Did you have to send the old inspire back?
2015-6-1
Use props
markjacobs.talk
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

So you were using the original style threaded props and locks and not those damn awful stupid flimsy quick release things?
Did you actually see the prop fly off or could it be a shattered prop? I'm a little perplexed how even if a prop came loose the prop lock did not prevent it coming right off. Then during the course of continuing to fly it should have re tightened itself anyway.
2015-6-1
Use props
will
lvl.3

United States

Yes, can you verify it was the old lock and not the new?
2015-6-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience and may I ask you a question? Which channel you use to contact DJI support? Live chat or E-mail?
2015-6-3
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

bird strike?
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now