Dji try to deny warrant on my spark
1412 16 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansffbcd0c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702 ft

My spark lifted off about 3-4ft from the ground and fell to the ground. The gimbal quit working.
Sent my spark n battery to them also the flight record.
Dji support did not find anything wrong with both. They blamed that the battery is the caused, and insist that because my battery is over the warranty period then it is not cover under warranty.
Can u believe that?
I asked if the battery is defective. They did not answer. Kept saying it is the caused. It looks like Dji is hiding something.
Btw,  the battery has less than 20 flight.
I m still dealing with them after 2 weeks. Please comment.
2018-10-5
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

I am sorry you had issues with spark. DJI has been pretty good for me when I have had issues in the past. Hopefully they can resolve your problem.

Sidd
2018-10-5
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-5 09:06
Hi there, we're terribly sorry about the unpleasant experience. May I have the details of your experience or is there any information like case/ticket number which we can refer to? We would like to check on this and see what we can do to help.

Diana, I think you meant to reply to fansffbcd0c0 not to me. I am not having the issue but fansffbcd0c0 is having the issue.

Sidd
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-10-5 09:15
Diana, I think you meant to reply to fansffbcd0c0 not to me. I am not having the issue but fansffbcd0c0 is having the issue.

Sidd

Sorry for the incorrect tag. Please let me know if you need any assistance from me as well.
2018-10-5
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Yeah that is a bit strange.. Even if the battery is past the warranty it's the drone you are trying to get warranty on. If the drone is still under warranty and was used with their own battery and that battery caused it to crash I do not see how DJI can claim that as a reason to deny it. I would be pushing back really hard on that as that is a load of B.S on their end if that's what they are claiming
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi Thomas, I'm sorry to hear about the experience. I managed to get your Case Number using your Forum account. Please bear with us as we check this again with our facility if there's anything we can help. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-10-5
Use props
fansffbcd0c0
lvl.1

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-10-5 08:34
I am sorry you had issues with spark. DJI has been pretty good for me when I have had issues in the past. Hopefully they can resolve your problem.

Sidd

Thank you Sidd. I hope I m lucky like you.
2018-10-5
Use props
fansffbcd0c0
lvl.1

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-5 10:29
Yeah that is a bit strange.. Even if the battery is past the warranty it's the drone you are trying to get warranty on. If the drone is still under warranty and was used with their own battery and that battery caused it to crash I do not see how DJI can claim that as a reason to deny it. I would be pushing back really hard on that as that is a load of B.S on their end if that's what they are claiming

Thank you Hedic for being on my side and the support. I truly appreciate people like you that  support your fellow RC hobbiest.
2018-10-5
Use props
fansffbcd0c0
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-5 12:56
Hi Thomas, I'm sorry to hear about the experience. I managed to get your Case Number using your Forum account. Please bear with us as we check this again with our facility if there's anything we can help. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Diana, thank you for the concern. I m sure you can do something. The bottom line is I need a working Spark return to me.
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansffbcd0c0 Posted at 2018-10-5 20:02
Hi Diana, thank you for the concern. I m sure you can do something. The bottom line is I need a working Spark return to me.

Hi there, I was able to check on your case and it seems that our designated team has already provided you an email explaining the current case. Have you already checked your email?
2018-10-6
Use props
fansffbcd0c0
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-6 11:15
Hi there, I was able to check on your case and it seems that our designated team has already provided you an email explaining the current case. Have you already checked your email?

I have not received any email from your team.
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansffbcd0c0 Posted at 2018-10-6 15:06
I have not received any email from your team.

For confirmation, may I have you active email? You may send it via PM. Thank you.
2018-10-7
Use props
fansffbcd0c0
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-7 09:41
For confirmation, may I have you active email? You may send it via PM. Thank you.

Hi Diana, my email is same as the one I use in the forum.
2018-10-7
Use props
fansffbcd0c0
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-7 09:41

No response from Dji. What is happening here?
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansffbcd0c0 Posted at 2018-10-8 12:23
No response from Dji. What is happening here?

Hi Thomas, apologies for the delay. We have coordinated this case to our facility and your Spark will be repaired/replaced under warranty. But the battery, since it's already out of the warranty period, I'm afraid we can't replace it anymore. An updated quote will be sent to you soon regarding this update. Again, we're sorry about the trouble but thanks for your cooperation and support!
2018-10-8
Use props
fansffbcd0c0
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-8 15:00
Hi Thomas, apologies for the delay. We have coordinated this case to our facility and your Spark will be repaired/replaced under warranty. But the battery, since it's already out of the warranty period, I'm afraid we can't replace it anymore. An updated quote will be sent to you soon regarding this update. Again, we're sorry about the trouble but thanks for your cooperation and support!

Hi Diana, thank you for the update and appreciate your positive resolution. Looking forward to have my Spark back........
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansffbcd0c0 Posted at 2018-10-9 00:01
Hi Diana, thank you for the update and appreciate your positive resolution. Looking forward to have my Spark back........

You are welcome. Upon checking the case log, the package has been shipped, you may receive it soon. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules