My Right Nut!
1141 7 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Hey Everyone,

Just was out flying my Inspire 1 and after I landed I noticed the nut on the right arm motor arm became loose. I tightened it, went flying and was loose again after landing. My unit seems to be operating well, but should we be concerned that if it becomes loose in flight, is there enough torque to twist the arm potentially causing a crash. Has anyone seen this on their units?  Anyone, Tahoe_Ed know how much force can me used to re-tighten it. I would hate to over-tighten and crack the thread.

Thanks,

Robert

IMG_0643.jpg
2015-6-1
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

I would normally say it prob just needs some loc-tite but the fact that it's vibrating so much to shake loose is a concern.

Also, just because this is the internet, I have to say it...

"Hey, 'cuz somethin' came loose on my drone today..."
"What was it?"
"DEEZ NUTS!!! HAH! GOT EEM!     GOT EEM!"

Ok, I feel better now.
2015-6-1
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

will@willbarnwe Posted at 2015-6-2 09:15
I would normally say it prob just needs some loc-tite but the fact that it's vibrating so much to sh ...

Yes, very big concern. I called DJI today in California and here is there response. "Send it in for repair." Just leaves you scratching your head.
2015-6-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

There may be other issues going on that are causing this to occur.  That is not normal and I have not seen it on the 2 Inspires that I fly.
2015-6-2
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-3 02:34
There may be other issues going on that are causing this to occur.  That is not normal and I have no ...

Hey Tahoe_Ed, This is the new one you made arrangements to replace for me., so brand new as of March. Not very inspiring when I have to worry every time I send it up. Also maybe when the arms are broken after a crash, has anyone really noticed if that nut is loose? So back to my question, is there enough torque to twist the arm???
2015-6-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-6-3 03:34
Hey Tahoe_Ed, This is the new one you made arrangements to replace for me., so brand new as of Mar ...

To answer your question, I don't know.  
2015-6-2
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

What would happen if you just put a small zip tie around the tube to stop the nut unthreading itself.  

I was also considering putting a small drop of Hi-Viz nail varnish or drop of white tipex on the supporting rods under the cross arms where they fit into the sockets just as a visual marker to show if the rods were coming loose out of their sockets, especially after my previous Inspire failed that way.
2015-6-3
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-3 23:01
What would happen if you just put a small zip tie around the tube to stop the nut unthreading itself ...

Thanks GB44, Great Ideas.
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules