Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P v2.0 Slow Yaw / Rotation
9865 63 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic_Timo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 773025 ft
Germany

Hey guys!

I've sent my drone to DJI because of gimbal and yaw issues. Got it back. Test flight. Gimbal issue solved. Yaw issue not solved.

I sent it in again.
They stated they checked it and there would be no error.

I posted a video. So they gave it back into the service.

Finally they confirmed the issue, changed gimbal and camera (yaw axis engine and board) and did a test flight.

As I told them - it's not the camera that moves. It's the bird.
So they decided to send me a replacement.  
This is on the way to me now.
I'm more than curious...

Cross my fingers for you guys!
Timo
2019-2-14
Use props
Pipeshih2531
New

Taiwan

Hey guys!
My drone also got a yaw drift issue. I think the problem may be  related new propeller's aerodynamic characteristic, so DJI is hard to fix it by software.
But after change the old propellers, it seems have a little bit improvement.

2019-2-16
Use props
fans7eb9c9c6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 599944 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have the yaw drift on december 2016 propellers. So its definetly electronics fault. Probably bad sensor design.

I can se the drone flying angular towards me, so its not a camera / gimbal issue either. Weird seeing a drone returning at a 30 degree angle to you. Its always to the left. Slightly turning left continuously.
2019-3-19
Use props
SCARd4Life
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?  I have a P4P V2.0 with the constant yaw issue.  Have uploaded 2 recent logs trying different flight modes to see if the issue is related to a particular mode.  Appears to cause issues in normal, tripod, tapfly, and point of interest modes.
2019-4-6
Use props
Opspeculate_2nd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 694508 ft
Canada

You can try

Opspeculate's Yaw Drift Fix
2019-4-6
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed this yaw too to some degree on my P4P 2.0. When I take off, the drone seems "unbalanced" for lack of a better explanation but then seems to settle down once I input some control and then let it hover awhile. I have noticed the slight yaw to the left. I have not taken any long exposures yet but have done some mapping and modeling missions and if in tripod mode (for the modeling) it appears to settle down, and the mapping in auto-flight seems unaffected, in other words, the mapping pics and overlaps appear unaffected.

DJI, any thoughts on this?
2019-4-6
Use props
Leo_S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49163 ft
Canada

I just wanted to add that this is still going on and has not been resolved.
2019-4-14
Use props
28neo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 795328 ft
Czechia

I have the same problem. The solution is not?
2019-5-16
Use props
SlammyD90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4578816 ft
  • >>>
United States

They ALL HAVE IT!! You need to learn how GPS Systems work. I have had great luck with doing my dance after I take off. I go to altitude, do several 360's to the left and right. I then proceed to strafe left, strafe right, forward, backward. Then I full forward and stop in about 100 feet. Then sit there for a few seconds. All your troubles will go away. If you come to an area where you plan to take a picture make sure that you spend at least 10 seconds in that area and concentrate on keeping the drone pointed towards your object. I am a Part 107 pilot and own a drone business.

It is important to remember that when you are at altitude the GPS is what is keeping you level and in the same spot. If you do not allow the GPS a "BURN" time then you will not have a steady shot. By BURN time I am talking allowing the GPS to average your fix so that it will figure out where the drone is and what satellites are accurate and which are not.
2019-5-16
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1371919 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

SlammyD90 Posted at 5-16 16:14
They ALL HAVE IT!! You need to learn how GPS Systems work. I have had great luck with doing my dance after I take off. I go to altitude, do several 360's to the left and right. I then proceed to strafe left, strafe right, forward, backward. Then I full forward and stop in about 100 feet. Then sit there for a few seconds. All your troubles will go away. If you come to an area where you plan to take a picture make sure that you spend at least 10 seconds in that area and concentrate on keeping the drone pointed towards your object. I am a Part 107 pilot and own a drone business.

It is important to remember that when you are at altitude the GPS is what is keeping you level and in the same spot. If you do not allow the GPS a "BURN" time then you will not have a steady shot. By BURN time I am talking allowing the GPS to average your fix so that it will figure out where the drone is and what satellites are accurate and which are not.

With all respect, as a professional pilot,  that is is the biggest nonsense I have read for a long time. Can you please explain, why my old P4 (2016) did not require a GPS burn in? My 2019 Mavic 2 also doesn’t need one. On both drones I was able to get away with 8 sec exposures doing low light shots! Without having to dance or doing any mambo jambos. GPS burn in, please, what a load of tosh. It’s most likely a sensor issue. You would think that any of us P4 V2 suffering from that issue, would have maybe had the idea already, to spin, yaw, and having the drone sit there for minutes sometimes, to trouble shoot. Sorry, to sound a bit harsh, but your complete post is not really exactly clever.
2019-5-16
Use props
SlammyD90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4578816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Different GPS Systems, angle of GPS receiver, interference, etc. The P4 Pro V2.0 has a different receiver than the P4, Mavic, Mavic 2. My suggestion to you "The Dude in DB" is to ask any surveyor, or someone who sets up GCP's with survey equipment what a GPS burn in is and if you told them your response they would laugh at you.... Which is what I'm currently doing.
2019-5-16
Use props
28neo
lvl.1
Czechia

test: horizontal flight forward for 700m: the camera slowly turns to the left. Can't make a clean video flight ulcer, the camera turns left or right. Sometimes, the camera starts to turn back in time. Sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't. Checking the flight after landing in djigo shows that the drone is rotating while the camera is rotating.
2019-5-16
Use props
28neo
lvl.1
Czechia

sent to service
2019-5-17
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

SlammyD90 Posted at 5-16 17:45
Different GPS Systems, angle of GPS receiver, interference, etc. The P4 Pro V2.0 has a different receiver than the P4, Mavic, Mavic 2. My suggestion to you "The Dude in DB" is to ask any surveyor, or someone who sets up GCP's with survey equipment what a GPS burn in is and if you told them your response they would laugh at you.... Which is what I'm currently doing.

You still don’t get it, do you. GPS burn in, or averaging your position has absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, to do with it. I was trying, troubleshooting the issue, sometimes with my craft hovering for minutes at the same position. On various locations. And reading through a lot of reports, others tried the same. So, laugh all you want. As far as I am concerned, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
2019-5-17
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Good luck. I sent mine back to DJI. They replaced the downward looking sensor. It didn’t solve the issue. I finally got rid of my P4 V2. My Mavic 2 is rock steady, allowing me long time exposures, which was impossible to do on my late Phantom.
2019-5-17
Use props
fans5f0824ee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096339 ft
  • >>>
United States

This issue is absolutely ridiculous. DJI will continue to ignore us and refuse is service on a product that we paid them for. Dont doubt that one bit. They have treated me like a fool, and proven to me that they dont want my continued business.

Ive had yaw issues since day 1 (Sept 2019). Ive NEVER gotten useable video from this unit. I got peeved off and parked it for a bit.  In Feb, I decided to try and resolve this and sent it to DJI.

They sent it back to me saying the drone was perfect.

I sent them corresponding videos and flight logs and even pointed them in the right direction based on flight log findings. The flight logs clearly show the movement with zero stick input (my remote was on the deck for this test). They also show a clear separation of the YAW and magYAW values!! Now, what appears to be happening is that the Flight Controller is holding one or the other YAW value constant and rotating the drone to compensate for the separation.

Continued below
2019-6-26
Use props
fans5f0824ee
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

So, having done the engineers job for them, I was confident in a solution, right? I sent them the drone back and they said there was an issue with the RC and sent me a new RC and my old drone back.

You know good and well that didnt fix anything.

I got back in contact with DJI and sent the drone back a third time. The engineers actually called me and asked about my interpretation of the YAW values. They then deemed the GPS module to be bad. Now, this sounded like a promising fix!!!

But, they didnt replace MY GPS module. They just sent me a brand new drone. That drone went up about 100ft, and in 15 seconds, began to yaw. It is hopeless. Im going to send it back. Again. Customer support has zero apologies nor do they offer any recompense. They just ask you to send it in. Ill send it back and forth 10 times before September if i have to. Im going to get someone to do their job. Or maybe not.

DJI, RESPOND TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. YOUR LACK OF RESPONSE MIGHT AS WELL BE AN ADMISSION OF GUILT.
F3371703-EAD2-47EB-BA9F-0C1F6AEC297A.png
8AAED382-A16D-4E92-96FF-9775B52AA3D3.png
8B8E1E49-0E96-4AD7-A31B-A14FD713E618.png
2019-6-26
Use props
fans5f0824ee
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Bumping to top in hopes someone at DJI will stop ignoring this.

They’ll respond to the average end users photos. Quickly!!! But yet this thread is invisible?
150B7EFC-51CF-437D-9730-6B6B77BADA5C.png
2019-6-28
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

For some reason, when the winds are higher, it doesn't rotate.  When there is nearly no ground wind, it rotates.

When I'm talking an AEB, I move the other direction a bit then take shots, or I keep manually holding it like crabbing.  They've addressed this with the Mavic 2 design by putting the camera at the nose instead of at the bottom, so it's less susceptible to rotating.

The camera quality is so much higher than anything else at This price range of course.  I know it would suck when filming so the real idea is to keep the drone moving ever so slightly in any direction with some yaw rotation keeping that rate locked.  Just clip out when you need to change direction.  Watch any film; most have the camera always moving or zooming.  Some are static of course but not for too long.

Having no "drift" no "strafe" no "zoom" is the novice way of filming.  Once you get out of the fact we are high up in the air and it being euphoric we'd realize what I mean.
2019-6-28
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5f0824ee Posted at 6-28 04:33
Bumping to top in hopes someone at DJI will stop ignoring this.

They’ll respond to the average end users photos. Quickly!!! But yet this thread is invisible?

It was average because I was understanding how I should fix it.  I was cropping hard in the Hurricane Harbor pic.  Look at my website now.
2019-6-28
Use props
fans5f0824ee
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-28 23:53
It was average because I was understanding how I should fix it.  I was cropping hard in the Hurricane Harbor pic.  Look at my website now.
“Average” wasnt a pick at your composition or your skill. Simply that youre just a user posting photos, and can garner DJI attention, when us who need help (what this forum is for) are ignored. I think it proves my point that you saw this and commented, and they still havent.
2019-7-17
Use props
fans3a395adf
New
Flight distance : 61506 ft
United States

I've been going through this issue with DJI since November 11. That how long I've have a support ticket open and they still have no idea what to tell me. Or don't care to figure this out. I opened a repair case and sent them my drone thinking that would get things done faster. The tell me they was to replace my landing gear. How does landing gear have anything to do with a drone rotating during flight? $165 for a boggus solution. If it doesn't fix the issue will dji send me $165 back? It's a phantom 4 pro. Dji is very very disappointing in the customer service department. If I could buy a drone elsewhere I would if only for better customer service. Dji if you're reading this PLEASE HELP ME.
2020-12-23
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3a395adf Posted at 12-23 13:25
I've been going through this issue with DJI since November 11. That how long I've have a support ticket open and they still have no idea what to tell me. Or don't care to figure this out. I opened a repair case and sent them my drone thinking that would get things done faster. The tell me they was to replace my landing gear. How does landing gear have anything to do with a drone rotating during flight? $165 for a boggus solution. If it doesn't fix the issue will dji send me $165 back? It's a phantom 4 pro. Dji is very very disappointing in the customer service department. If I could buy a drone elsewhere I would if only for better customer service. Dji if you're reading this PLEASE HELP ME.

I have moved on from the P4P v2.0. BH Photo actually took a return on it 6 months after I purchased it. I have since bought an Inspire 2. Guess what it had the same rotation issues I had with the P4P. However I think I have finally figured out the issue.

Do you wear a smart watch or have your phone near you when you do calibration or start the drone up? I don't wear my watch anymore when I go flying and my phone is in the trunk of my SUV. No more issues.
2020-12-23
Use props
Bnail84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15095 ft
United States

I have a p4p v1 and its doing the same thing now. It use to not. Only thing ive updated from it hovering and flying perfect was firmware. Dji has messed up something with the vps coding. I can be 3ft from the ground and now vps says almost 6ft. When your positioning is off by 50% the drone cant keep perfectly stable. Ive calibrated vps,imu,compass 10000000000 times with 0 change. FIX THE FIRMWARE ALREADY!!!
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules