Osmo+ and airport security
930 3 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansebeed138
lvl.2

Will my Osmo+ be ok going through US airport security xray machines?  Or is there some other precautions I need to take.
Thanks,
KSS>
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi fansebeed, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. If you will bring your Osmo+ , most likely you will be asked to put in a separate tray need to be in a separate tray to go through they will pick up the batteries and likely ask you open you carry on to show them what it is. It will be their call if they let you bring it via a carry-on. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-10-6
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Contact the airline that you will be flying with and ask them for the best way for you to take your camera with you.  I also contacted the airport security and told them I had a video camera attached to a gimbal and the unit uses Lithium Ion Polymer batteries.  Then transferred my call to the TSA supervisor who informed me that the batteries were "carry on" only and it would be best to have the camera in the same case as the batteries.  That way the officer could see that they were matched.  I had no issues.  The just treated it as a unique camera.  FWIW, on the way back home the departing airport security asked me to operate the camera to show that it worked.  Didn't want to see video, just that it started up like a camera.
2018-10-6
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

"X-Ray" machines do not affect memory cards.  However, strong magnetic sources could scramble data.
2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules