Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAA Reauthorization Bill Recreational Use of Drones
797 5 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

Looks official....signed by the big guy.

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=91844
2018-10-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

But to add confusion they say :-

The agency is evaluating the impacts of this change in the law and how implementation will proceed. The Reauthorization Act cannot be fully implemented immediately, please continue to follow all current policies and guidance with respect to recreational use of drones:
Updated direction and guidance will be provided as the FAA implements this new legislation.

Has the U.S government pushed through changes that the FAA cannot implement at this time, and the FAA advice to continue as you have been until they get things organised ?
2018-10-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Yes, it only authorizes the FAA to make new guidelines, rules in the future as they deem fit.  No crackdown is imminent.
2018-10-6
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-10-6 06:00
Yes, it only authorizes the FAA to make new guidelines, rules in the future as they deem fit.  No crackdown is imminent.

Just wait till amazon, ups, fedx  etc. want to start  drone delivery I think it will be bye bye hobbyist. But then again I've always thought this was brought about by BIG money.
2018-10-6
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

I am still having a hard time getting my head around this "drone delivery" thing.  It just seems that logistically it's got a long way to go.  I just dont see the UPS driver stopping, getting out of his truck, deploying a drone, piloting the craft to and from destination, dropping the package and returning to repeat the whole process.  Payloads are severely limited in size and weight,etc.  I am just having a real hard time with that.
2018-10-7
Use props
Roy Rogers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-10-7 02:28
I am still having a hard time getting my head around this "drone delivery" thing.  It just seems that logistically it's got a long way to go.  I just dont see the UPS driver stopping, getting out of his truck, deploying a drone, piloting the craft to and from destination, dropping the package and returning to repeat the whole process.  Payloads are severely limited in size and weight,etc.  I am just having a real hard time with that.

Batteries life hasn't advanced in 20 years , combustible engines would dirty up the skys  so I think that's the biggest obstacle for drone delivery services   
2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules