Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass 1 Disconnect Error
2096 7 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolders
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

At the end of a job yesterday I got a Compass 1 Disconnect error during the middle of a flight literally in the middle of nowhere. This thing has been flawless since day 1, never crashed, always gentle use. It still flew fine, but a red light came on steady and it wanted me to land. Once landed it wouldn't let me calibrate it, or fly, only option was to reboot. Rebooted, and I didn't fly it again but the error was gone and it was ready to go. Seems fine this morning, will try it again (will report back) and if I have the error will deal with it, hoping it was a fluke. hmm. I wonder if this is a bug in the new firmware or result of all the recent app updates that have nothing to do with the inspire? Anyone else have this?

2018-10-6
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most likely a fluke. The latest I2 update is full of them.
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there, we're very sorry to hear about that. Please make sure to fly your drone with no magnetic interference around to avoid any compass error. If this issue happened again, please let us know so we can help you right away. Thanks for your support and have a safe flight always.
2018-10-6
Use props
djiuser_8YBm3MmnMJMZ
New
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Argentina

I have the same issue. Drone crashed from high altitude.
No problems before last update
2018-10-6
Use props
lolders
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_8YBm3MmnMJMZ Posted at 2018-10-6 13:55
I have the same issue. Drone crashed from high altitude.
No problems before last update

Your Inspire 2 crashed from a high altitude after getting this warning? Or after you crashed it, it disconnect ed?
2018-10-7
Use props
lolders
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-6 11:09
Hello there, we're very sorry to hear about that. Please make sure to fly your drone with no magnetic interference around to avoid any compass error. If this issue happened again, please let us know so we can help you right away. Thanks for your support and have a safe flight always.

I was flying it in the middle of nowhere, not even cell reception. Where can we download matching versions of the DJI Go 4 app to the previous firmware version we can install through the Assistant 2?
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

lolders Posted at 2018-10-7 04:35
I was flying it in the middle of nowhere, not even cell reception. Where can we download matching versions of the DJI Go 4 app to the previous firmware version we can install through the Assistant 2?

Hi. I just want to clarify, may I know the reason why you want to downgrade the firmware of your DJI Go 4 App? Regarding on the Compass error, I suggest you try to change location and let's see if you will get the same error.
2018-10-7
Use props
lolders
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I would assume it would then complain about a firmware mismatch? I did try another area and was fine.. but I will be flying there again tomorrow will see...
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules