Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Damaged Cell
2242 4 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichardDO
New

Vietnam

HI ...

I have problem with my battery. PT2 software note me " Damaged Cell" ( please take alook at photo) while i connect my Phantom 2 to PC

But i check infor about battery ( please take alook at photo) all 3 cell are ok Voltage all are the same 41xx mV

So please what wrong with this battery, or just about Firmware. all firmware are uptodate.
Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 9.05.17 PM.png

Thank alot !!!

2015-6-1
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

Batterie shows 23 cycles. Have you ruin it down,to 8% or less, let it set about 30 min the fully  charge and test. It is recommended to cycle the battery every 20 charge cycles to extend the life. Is the battery puffy any on the sides?  I would run it down until it was not comming on then recharge and test it. Always best not to fly with a questionable battery. I know I have had a battery go bad and it caused my plane to autoland twice util I recognized the problem and which battery it was. They will come down and it make no difference to them what under. Water, trees, people, cars etc. get the idea. Mine had 45 cycles on it.
2015-6-1
Use props
RichardDO
New

Vietnam

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-2 04:25
Batterie shows 23 cycles. Have you ruin it down,to 8% or less, let it set about 30 min the fully  ch ...

I am not sure about %, but some time fly untill red light and it landing it self. And i see it puffy on the side too. I try to recharge after battery run out completely but  still get same note from PT2 software.

Still do not recognize problem ...
2015-6-2
Use props
yorlik
lvl.4

United States

Richard, it is my opinion that your 13mv difference is the issue.

It is my opinion that dji "cell balancing" capability built in to their smart battery is not sufficient to actually balance the cells.

It is my opinion that if one takes a batter like yours and balances each cell individually on a good lipo charger, they would end up with a like new battery without these silly issues.

Know that MOST built in cell balancing schemes are GROSSLY INADEQUATE.  They can only 'balance' by changing charge between hi cell and low cell by  A FEW MILLIAMPS!!!!!

Someday, someone like you, will send me a 'broken' battery or two like this and I can prove it.  Until then, it appears everyone needs to just keep b1tching about the inadequacy of the dji batteries.   

Sorry for your problems.

I
2015-6-3
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm no expert, but the full capacity 3607mAh would worry me.  do as Roy suggests and run it down to 8% and then fully charge and see what effect that has.
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules