Transferring files using USB3 port fails
682 11 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220814 ft
Malta

Is it normal that when transferring data from MA to PC using a USB3 port it fails?
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry to hear about the trouble that you experiencing. Regarding that, I would suggest making sure to check if the drivers were properly installed on that Port that is the time when you plug the USB Cable on that port there should be an installing prompt will show.
2018-10-6
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

thanks for your reply! Other devices I have such as camera work fine using the same port.
Also when connecting the MA to a USB2 port it works also fine. If you can confirm that MA should work with USB3 ports I will check further, maybe I have something wrong on my PC
2018-10-6
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft

mouthpiec Posted at 2018-10-6 10:16
thanks for your reply! Other devices I have such as camera work fine using the same port.
Also when connecting the MA to a USB2 port it works also fine. If you can confirm that MA should work with USB3 ports I will check further, maybe I have something wrong on my PC

At least in my case, I've had no problems connecting my Mavic Air to a USB3 port. That's how I transfer videos and photos from the drone to my PC. I've been doing it that way (as opposed to fiddling with the SD card) since I bought my Mavic Air in June.

Larry
2018-10-6
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

That shouldn't be an issue - try and different USB port and cable?
And how does the transfer fail, what error do you get?
2018-10-6
Use props
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Strange issue, I can transfer just fine on my side without any errors. I think it might be your USB 3.0 port or the default driver isn't being installed for the MAVIC AIR. Can you say what OS you are using? I'm speaking about having a good experience on my Windows 10 machine.
2018-10-6
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

Risharde Posted at 2018-10-6 14:58
Strange issue, I can transfer just fine on my side without any errors. I think it might be your USB 3.0 port or the default driver isn't being installed for the MAVIC AIR. Can you say what OS you are using? I'm speaking about having a good experience on my Windows 10 machine.

I am using Win 10 too
2018-10-6
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

from what I read there are some issue with Win10 drivers .... any help will be appreciated
2018-10-7
Use props
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

mouthpiec Posted at 10-7 09:19
from what I read there are some issue with Win10 drivers .... any help will be appreciated

Sorry for the late response mouthpiec! Not sure if you finally got through, my best suggestion is to try the connection on another computer. I did have an issue with one of my laptops recently in which there Windows 10 USB drivers were not up to date and I needed to download the drivers back from the manufacturer - it required a special install which actually flashed the USB ports to allow compatibility with Windows 10 (it was a DELL N5110 model). If you can get to your device drivers listing in Windows 10, check to see if there's an exclamation mark on the USB drivers installed, this would be a sign that you need a fix like that to get it working with USB 3.0. The USB 2.0 devices worked fine. Let me know!
2018-11-30
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

Risharde Posted at 11-30 08:50
Sorry for the late response mouthpiec! Not sure if you finally got through, my best suggestion is to try the connection on another computer. I did have an issue with one of my laptops recently in which there Windows 10 USB drivers were not up to date and I needed to download the drivers back from the manufacturer - it required a special install which actually flashed the USB ports to allow compatibility with Windows 10 (it was a DELL N5110 model). If you can get to your device drivers listing in Windows 10, check to see if there's an exclamation mark on the USB drivers installed, this would be a sign that you need a fix like that to get it working with USB 3.0. The USB 2.0 devices worked fine. Let me know!

thanks Risharde .... I solved the problem as you described
2018-12-1
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

No such problems at all and nowadays it is the preferred way that I download my stuff from MA.
2018-12-6
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

No such  issues here (using Win 7 exclusively, tho...).
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules