Shame on you, DJI
1568 17 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
United States

Now that firmware version .0500 came out I made up my mind to update my MA using the latest available DJI Assistant 2 (1.2.4) and guess what? I can connect to the aircraft but not to the remote controller! The OS is Win10. How old is this issue, DJI? 6 months? Older? Unbelievable. The level of disregard for software quality from your side is just beyond imagination.
2018-10-6
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

OMG...Here we go again. Search the forum will solve your problem.
2018-10-6
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-10-6 08:34
OMG...Here we go again. Search the forum will solve your problem.

Yes, here we go again. Search the forum, use all the hacks you can find. And NONE of them worked, FYI!
2018-10-6
Use props
AIRQUAD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25751486 ft
Sweden

Same thing here. I updated my controller via my phones wifi.
2018-10-6
Use props
Jclark5101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189843 ft
United States

I got the same problem. Some say Hacks to make it work. Come on DJI fanboys what is you problem. A man pays good money for a product that should work and not have to go spend hours to figure out how to hack something to make it work. It is people like you that makes DJI do what they do by hacking and not making them do the job like they are supposed to. I love DJI but not a big enough Fanboy to tell people to go look for a hack to make their product work like it should.
2018-10-6
Use props
JerryS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222897 ft
Maldives

Headache with software and firmware problems

agree with you guys. my controller also is not showing in DJI A2 in default installation
2018-10-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

asaw Posted at 2018-10-6 08:37
Yes, here we go again. Search the forum, use all the hacks you can find. And NONE of them worked, FYI!

Without knowing what you found, thus tried...

I blindly offer this:  Try starting Assistant-2, cable it to your RC, then power-up RC.  

Having seen some flaky stuff with Assistant-2 - You might try several different ''This first'', ''That next'', and ''Other last'' variations.

Best of Luck!  
2018-10-6
Use props
Lifescanner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

I solved the RC not connect to Assistent for me.
First install V 1.0.7 (different Driver) and then the latest Version.
Voila, the RC connects to Windows 10 64bit.

Hope that gelöscht.
2018-10-6
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

BTW it works nicely with DJI Assistant 2 on Mac.
2018-10-6
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Ukraine

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-6 21:01
Without knowing what you found, thus tried...

I blindly offer this:  Try starting Assistant-2, cable it to your RC, then power-up RC.  

Tried that - no luck. The problem stems from the DJI virtual COM port driver - tackled that too without success. I finally updated the FW via my smartphone so I don’t want to mess with all of that anymore. Just wanted to say that while DJI passes their products off as being easy to use, refined and safe, in fact, they are far from that.
Given that, DJI would better make their products more open to users instead of constantly trying to lock them down more and more.
2018-10-7
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Ukraine

Lifescanner Posted at 2018-10-6 21:51
I solved the RC not connect to Assistent for me.
First install V 1.0.7 (different Driver) and then the latest Version.
Voila, the RC connects to Windows 10 64bit.

I saw that hack too. The problem is that DJI doesn't provide Assistant v 1.0.7 any longer and all the links to user copies are dead.
2018-10-7
Use props
AIRQUAD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25751486 ft
Sweden

Now I have tried all the tips and no one worked for me.
2018-10-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

asaw Posted at 2018-10-7 02:02
Tried that - no luck. The problem stems from the DJI virtual COM port driver - tackled that too without success. I finally updated the FW via my smartphone so I don’t want to mess with all of that anymore. Just wanted to say that while DJI passes their products off as being easy to use, refined and safe, in fact, they are far from that.
Given that, DJI would better make their products more open to users instead of constantly trying to lock them down more and more.

DJI would better make their products more open to users instead of constantly trying to lock them down more and more.

I would really like to Benchmark GO-4 as we get it vs. before it is encrypted and locked down.  

Also can't help but wonder if some of Flaky problems with GO-4 are result of encyrpting and locking down.   

Leading back to Flaky problems with Assistant-2 and DJI's refusual to get Signed certificates for (Apple & Microsoft to bless) Assistant-2.

2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the uneasiness that you've experienced on the Mavic Air. I would like to ask if you manage to update both RC and AC? If yes, what is the status LED light on your remote controller? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-7
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Ukraine

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-7 14:01
Hi. Sorry for the uneasiness that you've experienced on the Mavic Air. I would like to ask if you manage to update both RC and AC? If yes, what is the status LED light on your remote controller? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

I updated my Mavic Air using Assistant 2 1.2.4, although it suggested me to update the No-fly zone database and crashed every time it tried to upload it to the aircraft (every time at 0%). So I was reckless enough to hit "IGNORE" after several attempts and go on, but the FW update went well.
As for the RC, I updated it using DJI Go 4. Now the status LED gives a sequence of two short red blinks and a pause and then lights solid red if I turn the RC on standalone. When it connects to the aircraft it lights solid green and works just fine. I haven't noticed anything unusual after the update.
2018-10-8
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tired through the APP?  I've never had any need to install the Assistant and wouldn't want to given the potential for driver issues.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

asaw Posted at 2018-10-8 00:07
I updated my Mavic Air using Assistant 2 1.2.4, although it suggested me to update the No-fly zone database and crashed every time it tried to upload it to the aircraft (every time at 0%). So I was reckless enough to hit "IGNORE" after several attempts and go on, but the FW update went well.
As for the RC, I updated it using DJI Go 4. Now the status LED gives a sequence of two short red blinks and a pause and then lights solid red if I turn the RC on standalone. When it connects to the aircraft it lights solid green and works just fine. I haven't noticed anything unusual after the update.

Hi,  Thanks for your prompt reply.  You mean, you were not able to update the flight database, however, the firmware went okay? Would it be possible if you can provide a short video on what's happening on your RC for us to check it for you? You can use google drive or dropbox to upload the issue then provide the link here. Thank you.
2018-10-8
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4

asaw Posted at 2018-10-8 00:07
I updated my Mavic Air using Assistant 2 1.2.4, although it suggested me to update the No-fly zone database and crashed every time it tried to upload it to the aircraft (every time at 0%). So I was reckless enough to hit "IGNORE" after several attempts and go on, but the FW update went well.
As for the RC, I updated it using DJI Go 4. Now the status LED gives a sequence of two short red blinks and a pause and then lights solid red if I turn the RC on standalone. When it connects to the aircraft it lights solid green and works just fine. I haven't noticed anything unusual after the update.

I had this problem too, and also the controller problem. Managed updating both with the DJIgo App
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules