drone back from dji repair still broken? What can I do?
1198 8 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnniespaceboy
lvl.1
United States

I sent in my drone 2 weeks ago because it was having some sort of propulsion problem and failing to get off the ground.  It flailed a little motors roaring but nothing.

Dji tells me it’s the main board or some crap $163 later they send it back EXTREMELY poorly packaged.  I have a mavic air, it said not to send any accessories and I had hear do of people receiving gifts different ones back so I did not send the little case with it.  Instead I foamed the crap out of it and stuffed it in the little box.    I get it back inside the little box with no foam to cushion it but the little box was wrapped in 5 layers of bubble wrap and stuck in an even larger box... so imagine my drone stuffed inside a beach ball in a box......  thing rattled around in that little box for days probably......

Returned exactly as I sent it won’t take off..... when I activated it again it offered me dji care? Can I buy that now?  Also WTF what are my options to get this thing back working this is crap service
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We apologize for the unpleasant experience. I checked your case that I found on the forum. This has already been forwarded and escalated to the higher department for checking and review. Please expect a feedback from them once they are available. We appreciate your patience for this one.
2018-10-6
Use props
Johnniespaceboy
lvl.1

Here is my case number CAS-2255452-N2D0W0.

Here are pictures of how it was shipped back, most definitely NOT how I shipped it.  When I shipped it it was solid like a brick with 2-3 inches of foam around it.  

This is how I received it back.  With no padding inside the little box, NONE.  Enough space to fit my whole giant man hand, I have big hands.  

Wrapped in 10ft of bubble wrap in a ball so that it can also bounce around inside there.  That's the dumbest laziest packing I've ever seen!

IMG_20181006_180522.jpg
IMG_20181006_180611.jpg
IMG_20181006_180637.jpg
2018-10-6
Use props
Johnniespaceboy
lvl.1

That's insane was I supposed to pay extra for packing that I missed?!? Or is there shipping insurance?  I guess technically it's UPS fault for even accepting it like that.  I've been told several times by them if they feel the item rattle or shake inside they make you repackage it.  I'm surprised the shafts where the propellors mount didn't get bent.  
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Johnniespaceboy Posted at 2018-10-6 17:17
That's insane was I supposed to pay extra for packing that I missed?!? Or is there shipping insurance?  I guess technically it's UPS fault for even accepting it like that.  I've been told several times by them if they feel the item rattle or shake inside they make you repackage it.  I'm surprised the shafts where the propellors mount didn't get bent.

Johnnie, we apologize for the poor package and the trouble caused, your frustration has been escalated to the management department for attention. If the drone has been activated, you will have 48 hours to purchase DJI Care Refresh.
May I verify if the drone still cannot take off after the activation? Is there any error message in the APP? Could you please update all the firmware to the latest version to have a try? Thank you.
2018-10-6
Use props
Johnniespaceboy
lvl.1

It is updated and is doing the exact same thing I sent it in for.  I activated it, no error message.  It just said motors reached maximum speed and couldn't get off the ground. Motors reving.  Brand new set of propellors one got shredded a little and it almost flipped.  No error but same exact issue I sent it in for
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Johnniespaceboy Posted at 2018-10-6 21:49
It is updated and is doing the exact same thing I sent it in for.  I activated it, no error message.  It just said motors reached maximum speed and couldn't get off the ground. Motors reving.  Brand new set of propellors one got shredded a little and it almost flipped.  No error but same exact issue I sent it in for

Do you have an extra propeller to have another test? Any chance to show us a short video about the issue if it is convenient? We would like to do our best to locate the problem, thank you so much.
2018-10-7
Use props
Johnniespaceboy
lvl.1

Yes and I can but why waste another propeller it should have been tested by your people before it left the repair center.  Who do I need to contact to get this repaired immediately.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Johnniespaceboy Posted at 2018-10-8 07:59
Yes and I can but why waste another propeller it should have been tested by your people before it left the repair center.  Who do I need to contact to get this repaired immediately.

Hi John, please be informed that we only recommend our Official DJI Repair Center if the drone is having some technical issues that cannot be solved by the technical support over the phone/email/chat, and it is advisable to report immediately if you received the drone from repair but having same issues so we can escalate this, most especially if it's within the warranty period.

As per checking your account, a complaint case has been created for you to be assisted by one of the manager. Please wait patiently as the manager reviewing the information to further assist you. We hope for your patience.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules