Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Near Crash!! (Video)
1522 11 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nalhutta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138156 ft
Canada

So the plan was simple. Fly straight down this set of waterfalls, turn around, and fly back up.... Things did not go according to plan! This was taking prior to the patch that fixed the GPS drop outs however I am pretty sure it was due to the surrounding trees. Regardless of the reasons I'm very glad that I managed to (just barely) make it of there in 1 peice. If the thought of your machine smashing to pieces and then drowning frightens you then I would not recommend watching the video below!

For the rest of you,

Enjoy!

2015-6-1
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

So ... you didn´t dare try it again ?
Could have been some awesome footage! ...
2015-6-1
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.3
Canada

w1der Posted at 2015-6-2 04:11
So ... you didn´t dare try it again ?
Could have been some awesome footage! ...

I haven't dared to try again... but I am tempted and can't say I won't! The problem is that I have to assume I won't have GPS which is fine since I won't be caught off guard by it but I found the Inspire drifted a lot in there so I don't think I could get a nice straight shot down and if I can't get usable footage whats the point? On the other hand, maybe the gps is better now and I could do it... haha I'm torn!
2015-6-1
Use props
will
lvl.3

United States

GOOD LUCK, either way.  It's possible to get smooth shots in ATTI, but just take things slow...
2015-6-1
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

It looked like you had control the entire time. Seems like the bird was responding to all of your control inputs.
2015-6-1
Use props
Airosa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Your gimbal response seems weird.
What were you using as a set up?
2015-6-1
Use props
Airosa
Second Officer
Macao

good reaction by the way.
Always a good feeling after you get out of trouble on your own merits.
2015-6-1
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.3
Canada

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-6-2 10:21
It looked like you had control the entire time. Seems like the bird was responding to all of your co ...

Yep! I never lost control just fighting the drift. She wanted to drift into the waterfall but she did respond to the controls! The key is definitely to not overcompensate in a situation like that or its over before you know it.
2015-6-2
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.3
Canada

Airosa Posted at 2015-6-2 14:36
Your gimbal response seems weird.
What were you using as a set up?

I was in the first gimbal mode I believe. The same one I use all the time... I think its called free. It's the one where the gimbal stays in whichever orientation you choose. What in particular seemed weird with the gimbal?
2015-6-2
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.3
Canada

Airosa Posted at 2015-6-2 14:36
good reaction by the way.
Always a good feeling after you get out of trouble on your own merits.

Thanks! It definitely feels good! The event was scary while it was happening but was nowhere near as nerve racking as when I watched the video and saw just how close I came to disaster.
2015-6-2
Use props
twbigshap
lvl.1

United Kingdom

wow nice spot to shoot
2015-6-2
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Macao

nalhutta Posted at 2015-6-3 01:10
I was in the first gimbal mode I believe. The same one I use all the time... I think its called fr ...

The gimbal should be minimizing the effect of your inputs on the video.
I'm not sure i'm clear here, but to be able to see all your inputs on the video, it means the gimbal it's not responding the way it could. It's all down to which mode you're using.
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules