567 5 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digsy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1085404 ft
Australia

Hi guys,

I have a strange error with my gimbal when I tried to do a gimbal calibration today (video below). It got to 35 percent then it went into an erratic left and right rotation and will not stop.
It seems like it getting stuck and cant free it self whilst making a strange clicking and scratching noise.

There is no error on my screen, when powered off and on it just continues into its erractic movement. I've never experinced gimbal issues before and the aircraft is fairly new.

Things ive tried to no avail -
  • Reset gimbal to factory
  • Reset AC to factory via DJI Assitant 2
  • Reload firmware via DJI Assistant 2
  • Recalibrated IMU
  • No crashes

If I pull the battery out and wait 5 minutes, it powers up ok with no gimabal error but as soon as I tilt the AC past its maximum gimbal tilt limit i.e when doing an IMI calibration it goes back into its song and dance.

Apart from sending back to DJI, can anybody offeer a solution, was looking forward to flying today but now im grounded, haha.
TIA

AC Stats
P4P+ V2.0
Flight time = 11h 24m
Flight distance = 166,169 m
Total flights = 98
Age = 1.5 months

2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for what you've experienced on your aircraft. You did very well on troubleshooting your drone, unfortunately, the issue still persists and I'm afraid that we have to send the unit back to our facility for further evaluation. If you wish to send the unit on our team, you can see the link for your reference. Thank you for the support.
www.dji.com/service/repair
2018-10-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Have a close look at the gimbal ribbon cable make sure its not catching at all on any of the arms or housings just power drone down and move the camera through all possible motions while keeping an eye on the ribbon cable
2018-10-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

After a second look at the video. You could try a firmware update. Try first doing a factory reset using dji assistent 2 then reinstall firmware or even roll the firmware back to previous version. If these fail then you will need to send in for repair.
2018-10-7
Use props
digsy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1085404 ft
Australia

Thanks Hellsgate

I've looked for obstruction on the ribbon cable. It's all ok.

It's on it's way back to DJI
2018-10-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

digsy Posted at 2018-10-8 13:03
Thanks Hellsgate

I've looked for obstruction on the ribbon cable. It's all ok.

Right decision.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules