DLOG-M color retention in DJI Go4 Android
663 3 2018-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Ive saw that the iOS version of DJI Go4 now offeres a high contrast display live view of DLOG-M to help expose and visualize what the image could look like. (Button seen below)

When does this feature come to Android?  
20181007_140147.jpg
2018-10-7
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

It could be in the next update, or never - DJI don't give details on future firmware or app updates
2018-10-7
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Give the contempt DJI show for Android (by far its biggest market...) i wouldn't hold your breath!

That said, there's no way anyone should be using "how it looks" on the screen to judge correct exposure.  There are tools for that but looking at it isn't one of them.
2018-10-7
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

gnirtS Posted at 2018-10-7 08:19
Give the contempt DJI show for Android (by far its biggest market...) i wouldn't hold your breath!

That said, there's no way anyone should be using "how it looks" on the screen to judge correct exposure.  There are tools for that but looking at it isn't one of them.

Yeah I know that with the exposure, still it helps to view how it could look in a rec709 color space (or something similar) since you cant see really anything when shooting log in bright daylight. (Also to show to the client)

Same with when I use an external recorder to display my log recordings in a rec color space.

Thought it's a cool feature from dji to add and I'll hope they do it soon!
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules