Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello folks at DJI,
As reported by multiple users here, when will the issue of the Ronin-S malfunctioning with the GH5 series be fixed?
I am wondering if I need to return my unit before my next shoot and get a different brand.
Thanks!
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Wisdom Tooth, may I have more details of the issue you are having with Ronin-S? Any chance to show us a short video? Thank you in advance.
2018-10-7
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-7 20:30
Hi Wisdom Tooth, may I have more details of the issue you are having with Ronin-S? Any chance to show us a short video? Thank you in advance.

Hi Mindy,
I believe the linked thread has all the details as well as videos. You are aware of the issue and I'm wondering how close your engineers are to releasing a fix for the problem.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wisdom Tooth Posted at 2018-10-8 04:53
Hi Mindy,
I believe the linked thread has all the details as well as videos. You are aware of the issue and I'm wondering how close your engineers are to releasing a fix for the problem.

Sorry that I didn't notice there is a hyperlink, the issue in another thread was not replicated, just to verify, does your GH5 shakes only when switching the camera into 4k 60p?
2018-10-9
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-9 04:05
Sorry that I didn't notice there is a hyperlink, the issue in another thread was not replicated, just to verify, does your GH5 shakes only when switching the camera into 4k 60p?

Hello Mindy,
The Ronin-S, with my GH5 mounted connected to an external monitor shooting 4k30 shut down multiple times this evening as I was shooting. All of a sudden I could no longer control focus or use smoothtrack, the front button on the gimbal, or start/stop recording. Then the motors stopped stabilizing. Yes, all firmware was on the latest.

This is upsetting, as one of the reasons I went with a GH5 is because it is supposed to be compatible with the Ronin-S. However, as it isn't reliable and there is currently no external focus motor that works out of the box, I am at a loss at what to do now. You guys have major firmware issues on your hands.
2018-10-12
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Wisdom,

Mindy reported just a few minute ago that DJI is now able to replicate the problem and are working on a fix.  There are two major versions of this problem when the GH5 is connected to the Gimbal with the supplied cable.  These are 1) When an external monitor is also connected.  2) When shooting in 4K.  We all seem to have one of these two issues.  In my case, I can shoot 4k not problem, but if I have an external monitor connected, everything goes wrong with the gimbal.  So I have two options for shooting at this point.  until this gets fixed by DJI, each time I shoot I have to decide if I want an external monitor or if I want to manage stop/start/focus from the gimbal.  
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wisdom Tooth Posted at 2018-10-12 17:40
Hello Mindy,
The Ronin-S, with my GH5 mounted connected to an external monitor shooting 4k30 shut down multiple times this evening as I was shooting. All of a sudden I could no longer control focus or use smoothtrack, the front button on the gimbal, or start/stop recording. Then the motors stopped stabilizing. Yes, all firmware was on the latest.

Hi Wisdom, with some external monitors, the motors of Ronin-S may not working, we have replicated it and will definitely get it addressed, please note the future firmware upgrade, may I know if there is any other issue without the external monitor attached?
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-10-12 23:20
Hi Wisdom,

Mindy reported just a few minute ago that DJI is now able to replicate the problem and are working on a fix.  There are two major versions of this problem when the GH5 is connected to the Gimbal with the supplied cable.  These are 1) When an external monitor is also connected.  2) When shooting in 4K.  We all seem to have one of these two issues.  In my case, I can shoot 4k not problem, but if I have an external monitor connected, everything goes wrong with the gimbal.  So I have two options for shooting at this point.  until this gets fixed by DJI, each time I shoot I have to decide if I want an external monitor or if I want to manage stop/start/focus from the gimbal.

Hi Mabou, unfortunately, we still haven't replicated the issue under 4K, 60fps, you see you don't have the problem under 4K, 60 fps, but we will keep testing, thanks for your attention.
2018-10-13
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-13 02:09
Hi Mabou, unfortunately, we still haven't replicated the issue under 4K, 60fps, you see you don't have the problem under 4K, 60 fps, but we will keep testing, thanks for your attention.

Hi Mindy, but if I read the above correctly, you are able to replicate the problem with an external monitor connected?  (I never saw the 4k problem, I only see a problem when the camera is tethered to both the Ronin (via USB) AND an external monitor (Via HDMI).
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-10-15 04:50
Hi Mindy, but if I read the above correctly, you are able to replicate the problem with an external monitor connected?  (I never saw the 4k problem, I only see a problem when the camera is tethered to both the Ronin (via USB) AND an external monitor (Via HDMI).

Yes, that is correct, the issue with the external monitor will be optimized in the future firmware upgrade.
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules