Mavic 2 Zoom iPad 4 mini OSX12
1064 2 2018-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>

I have a Mavic2 Zoom, latest firmware. RC firmware up to date as far as I know (I don't get any prompts when using my Android, says current).
Trying to use my iPad Mini 4 128gb (with cellular) with my setup. The DJI app says it's connected in the bottom left hand corner and the "Go Fly" lights up for just a few seconds then goes away. When I "connect to device" it says disconnected.

I have reset the iPad to factory, tried starting everything in different orders. Still nothing. Am using the OE Apple cable.

I know this has been talked about but I haven't seen anything in particular about the new OSx 12, which I updated my iPad to.

Any ideas folks?

~Ed
Colorado Springs, CO
2018-10-7
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
  • >>>

Posting my own resolution for others.
After troubleshooting everything I could think of my inner network admin spoke to me and said "check the physical layer".
I borrowed my wife's iPad cable and it works flawless. To double check I tried mine, no go.
So even if you think your cable is OEM and/or working fine. Test with another known good OEM Apple cable.
BTW: Using the iPad Mini 4 is so much nicer than squinting at my phone screen.

~Ed
Colorado Springs, CO
2018-10-7
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
  • >>>

04in719 Posted at 2018-10-7 11:47
Posting my own resolution for others.
After troubleshooting everything I could think of my inner network admin spoke to me and said "check the physical layer".
I borrowed my wife's iPad cable and it works flawless. To double check I tried mine, no go.

2nd reply to my own resolution with a little more info.

To double check I left everything on and swapped my cable back in again and it didn't work. Re-plugged my wife's cable, connected right up.
So even if you think your cable is OEM and/or working fine. Test with another known good OEM Apple cable.
Also my cable was working fine to sync the iPad to computer, so that isn't a good test of the cable. Not sure if it's a shielding thing or what but the cable was absolutely the issue.

~Ed
Colorado Springs, CO
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules