o(^-^)o
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Glushakoff Posted at 2019-12-17 04:24
Mirek,
I shoot in FULL MANUAL MODE and exposure is changing itself.

jep, exact what I did talk about
2020-2-22
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mirek6 Posted at 2019-12-12 10:44
Glushakoff,

We need a precise wording here. What do you mean by "exposure" is changing automatically in manual mode"?

what I did tell you when everything is in manual, the light is stil changing
I have the same thing, oh, and I know how to light a photo, the camera keeps changing the light even in manual
2020-2-22
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gelert Posted at 2019-12-12 10:01
Could it be White Balance ?? Have you set to AWB or selected one of the fixed options. If AWB, that can change the "light"

nope also fix
2020-2-22
Use props
djiuser_ST7JD73EFDd6
lvl.1

United States

Im very disappointed in my new mavic air 2. Even though I'm shooting video in manual white balance, Kelvin settings on 5300k, the White balance changes by itself. I'll be taking video and as the drone moves through the air the White balance changes by itself, ruining the shot!!! Never had this problem with my mavic 2 pro or phantom 4 pro. Any ideas
2020-6-16
Use props
djiuser_ST7JD73EFDd6
lvl.1

United States

Im very disappointed in my new mavic air 2. Even though I'm shooting video in manual white balance, Kelvin settings on 5300k, the White balance changes by itself. I'll be taking video and as the drone moves through the air the White balance changes by itself, ruining the shot!!! Never had this problem with my mavic 2 pro or phantom 4 pro. Any ideas
2020-6-16
Use props
vanaardt.tiaangmail.com
lvl.1
South Africa

Wow........
2020-8-19
Use props
0biwan01
lvl.1
South Africa

Sweet effing Jesus, there are a LOT of retarded comments and statements in this thread. I am seriously fucking shocked by how stupid some of you people are, it's damn right astonishing. Yes the OP's English is not the best, but it is easy to understand and also very easy to determine that this isn't his first rodeo flying a drone and exposing his shots. What he describing is a damn glitch, and if you take it for what it is rather than trying to teach him what manual mode is supposed to do he might have gotten some useful feedback by now. I can 100% back this problem that the OP is describing. And if you come at me with trying to explain what manual mode is I will lose my .... I am a cinematographer, with a few feature films behind my name, I know God damn well how it works thank you very much. After updating firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro it has been behaving exactly like the op explained. The drone is in full manual mode, but the actual exposure would jump up and down even while filming the same damn composition. The camera would literally be pointing in one direction, while flying forward on a massively wide scene with perfect exposure LOCKED IN, then without touching the exposure wheel the drone would change it's exposure settings to either overexpose or underexpose the same scene drastically by itself even after perfect exposure was locked in. Yes in manual mode the EV value is supposed to change depending on what the scene looks like in order to indicate whether or not you are under or overexposing but the drone IS NOT supposed to alter its actual exposure settings to try and compensate for the EV value, because that is what auto is supposed to do. Essentially the op's and my drone is literally treating MANUAL mode like it's in AUTO mode. So stop trying to be smartasses for one damn second. This is a bug on certain models and I, along with the OP would love to have someone that might have some knowledge about this tell us why it's happening or even how it can be fixed. So for the love of God stop replying if you have no information that can help. Cheers.
2020-8-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

0biwan01 Posted at 8-19 14:16
Sweet effing Jesus, there are a LOT of retarded comments and statements in this thread ...

I like you already, Obi ! There's certainly something weird going on with Mavic's still imagery in Manual Mode. It is particularly noticeable in challenging lighting situations within a panoramic sequence, i.e. during golden hour, when a certain tiles of mosaic are dealing with deeply shadowed parts of landscape. I shot exclusively manual RAW, yet the bottom (usually darker) row of 3x3 panorama will look somehow different. This is clearly visible after stitching in dedicated software. It looks like the software is trying to compensate the exposure of images measured at -3EV by pumping the ISO up! Or adjusting something else, who knows what. In RAW, imagine that! This annoyance is not detectable with evenly lit scene, when EV measurements for every part of mosaic doesn't fluctuate much around 0 value.

For sure DJI has a different understanding of Manual Mode in digital photography ...
2020-8-19
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Sweet effing Jesus, there are a LOT of retarded comments and statements in this thread. I am seriously fucking shocked by how stupid some of you people are, it's damn right astonishing. Yes the OP's English is not the best, but it is easy to understand and also very easy to determine that this isn't his first rodeo flying a drone and exposing his shots. What he describing is a damn glitch, and if you take it for what it is rather than trying to teach him what manual mode is supposed to do he might have gotten some useful feedback by now. I can 100% back this problem that the OP is describing. And if you come at me with trying to explain what manual mode is I will lose my .... I am a cinematographer, with a few feature films behind my name, I know God damn well how it works thank you very much. After updating firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro it has been behaving exactly like the op explained. The drone is in full manual mode, but the actual exposure would jump up and down even while filming the same Goddamn composition. The camera would literally be pointing in one direction, while flying forward on a massively wide scene with perfect exposure LOCKED IN, then without touching the exposure wheel the drone would change it's exposure settings to either overexpose or underexpose the same scene drastically by itself even after perfect exposure was locked in. Yes in manual mode the EV value is supposed to change depending on what the scene looks like in order to indicate whether or not you are under or overexposing but the drone IS NOT supposed to alter its actual exposure settings to try and compensate for the EV value, because that is what auto is supposed to do. Essentially the op's and my drone is literally treating MANUAL mode like it does in it's AUTO mode. So stop trying to be smartasses for one damn second. This is a bug on certain models and I, along with the OP would love to have someone that might have some knowledge about this tell us why it's happening or even how it can be fixed. So for the love of God stop replying if you have no information that can help. Cheers.

2020-8-19
Use props
0biwan01
lvl.1
South Africa

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-19 15:30
I like you already, Obi ! There's certainly something weird going on with Mavic's still imagery in Manual Mode. It is particularly noticeable in challenging lighting situations within a panoramic sequence, i.e. during golden hour, when a certain tiles of mosaic are dealing with deeply shadowed parts of landscape. I shot exclusively manual RAW, yet the bottom (usually darker) row of 3x3 panorama will look somehow different. This is clearly visible after stitching in dedicated software. It looks like the software is trying to compensate the exposure of images measured at -3EV by pumping the ISO up! Or adjusting something else, who knows what. In RAW, imagine that! This annoyance is not detectable with evenly lit scene, when EV measurements for every part of mosaic doesn't fluctuate much around 0 value.

For sure DJI has a different understanding of Manual Mode in digital photography ...

I'm just glad to know that there are at least a handful of people in this thread with some sense and intelligence. Makes me not lose all hope for the human race haha. And yeah, what you just described has happened to me as well with some 360 panos. And the problem isn't even limited to just the DJI GO app either. I often use Litchi to do waypoint missions and I have set up a few waypoint hyperlapses in full MANUAL with the exposure just how I want it, shooting in RAW, just to import the footage into After Effects later and finding that the drone somehow turned my RAW sequence into a German trance party with the exposure jumping up and down like a strobe light. And yeah, it is really damn annoying, and I would love to not have to deal with it haha.
2020-8-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

0biwan01 Posted at 8-19 23:40
I'm just glad to know that there are at least a handful of people in this thread with some sense and intelligence. Makes me not lose all hope for the human race haha. And yeah, what you just described has happened to me as well with some 360 panos. And the problem isn't even limited to just the DJI GO app either. I often use Litchi to do waypoint missions and I have set up a few waypoint hyperlapses in full MANUAL with the exposure just how I want it, shooting in RAW, just to import the footage into After Effects later and finding that the drone somehow turned my RAW sequence into a German trance party with the exposure jumping up and down like a strobe light. And yeah, it is really damn annoying, and I would love to not have to deal with it haha.

You just made my day, Obi . Well, in my case the exposure discrepancies are more subtle, more like at a Grey Nuns Congregation disco party, but still noticeable for trained eye. I've found that batch converting RAW sequence into uncompressed TIFF format WITHOUT any corrections somehow dissolves the dreaded artifact. Luckily PS is allowing for equally potent TIFF image tweaking in Camera Raw style, which I do after stitching. My guess is that DJI decided to alter underexposed DNG files in some way, which is ignored by Camera Raw.
2020-8-20
Use props
Tony D.
lvl.4
Canada

Sweet effing Jesus, there are a LOT of retarded comments and statements in this thread. I am seriously fucking shocked by how stupid some of you people are, it's damn right astonishing. Yes the OP's English is not the best, but it is easy to understand and also very easy to determine that this isn't his first rodeo flying a drone and exposing his shots. What he describing is a damn glitch, and if you take it for what it is rather than trying to teach him what manual mode is supposed to do he might have gotten some useful feedback by now. I can 100% back this problem that the OP is describing. And if you come at me with trying to explain what manual mode is I will lose my .... I am a cinematographer, with a few feature films behind my name, I know God damn well how it works thank you very much. After updating firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro it has been behaving exactly like the op explained. The drone is in full manual mode, but the actual exposure would jump up and down even while filming the same damn composition. The camera would literally be pointing in one direction, while flying forward on a massively wide scene with perfect exposure LOCKED IN, then without touching the exposure wheel the drone would change it's exposure settings to either overexpose or underexpose the same scene drastically by itself even after perfect exposure was locked in. Yes in manual mode the EV value is supposed to change depending on what the scene looks like in order to indicate whether or not you are under or overexposing but the drone IS NOT supposed to alter its actual exposure settings to try and compensate for the EV value, because that is what auto is supposed to do. Essentially the op's and my drone is literally treating MANUAL mode like it's in AUTO mode. So stop trying to be smartasses for one damn second. This is a bug on certain models and I, along with the OP would love to have someone that might have some knowledge about this tell us why it's happening or even how it can be fixed. So for the love of God stop replying if you have no information that can help. Cheers.

I am having the same problem. Drove 2 hours to a fantastic spot only to spend most of two battery packs trying to get it to stop changing the exposure on me. Just hovering there tapping the screen and getting really, really pi__ed. I would get it perfect, then as I starting moving around (without even a lot of change in the overall scenery and I would hear a beep, then it got brighter, then another beep, then brighter, now ISO is at 200, then another beep, then overexposed, ISO now at 400. What is going on? This is not manual. I had the exposure perfect then within 15 to 20 seconds its way overexposed. WTF?
2020-8-26
Use props
Planet_Earth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10853 ft
United States

I have this same issue, and it appears this has yet to be addressed, or am I wrong?

Most of the time, the changing of the exposure, automatically by the drone itself, wouldn't be an issue when snapping pictures (as I am pretty picky and try tons of shots), but it is an issue when attempting a Hyperlapse or a Panorama.

I am including here a prime example of this phenomena in action with a panorama I took recently. It looks really cool, but this is what the OP is talking about (as I experience it often myself).

If you pay close enough attention, you can see where the separate images are taken and stitched together within the drone, and how each image is at a slightly different exposure.

If anyone is questioning, I don't use anything but manual.

2021-3-31
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Exact what i experience, manual but still the light is chancing.

After 2 years still no solution from DJI, like always...  
2021-4-1
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

0biwan01 Posted at 2020-8-19 14:16
Sweet effing Jesus, there are a LOT of retarded comments and statements in this thread. I am seriously fucking shocked by how stupid some of you people are, it's damn right astonishing. Yes the OP's English is not the best, but it is easy to understand and also very easy to determine that this isn't his first rodeo flying a drone and exposing his shots. What he describing is a damn glitch, and if you take it for what it is rather than trying to teach him what manual mode is supposed to do he might have gotten some useful feedback by now. I can 100% back this problem that the OP is describing. And if you come at me with trying to explain what manual mode is I will lose my .... I am a cinematographer, with a few feature films behind my name, I know God damn well how it works thank you very much. After updating firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro it has been behaving exactly like the op explained. The drone is in full manual mode, but the actual exposure would jump up and down even while filming the same damn composition. The camera would literally be pointing in one direction, while flying forward on a massively wide scene with perfect exposure LOCKED IN, then without touching the exposure wheel the drone would change it's exposure settings to either overexpose or underexpose the same scene drastically by itself even after perfect exposure was locked in. Yes in manual mode the EV value is supposed to change depending on what the scene looks like in order to indicate whether or not you are under or overexposing but the drone IS NOT supposed to alter its actual exposure settings to try and compensate for the EV value, because that is what auto is supposed to do. Essentially the op's and my drone is literally treating MANUAL mode like it's in AUTO mode. So stop trying to be smartasses for one damn second. This is a bug on certain models and I, along with the OP would love to have someone that might have some knowledge about this tell us why it's happening or even how it can be fixed. So for the love of God stop replying if you have no information that can help. Cheers.

Thank you, no solutions from people or DJI.
Thank you for your writing.

Still after 2 years no solution from DJI
2021-4-1
Use props
WJvdBh
lvl.1

Germany

Maybe this link helps to stop the discussion..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_value

Greetz
2021-4-4
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

WJvdBh Posted at 4-4 08:02
Maybe this link helps to stop the discussion..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_value

No it does not help, nitwit, read the older comments, than you know where we talk about!
2021-4-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

"No solution" because the problem doesnt exist.

It seems you have an issue but many other people with many thousands of images dont have this problem at all.
And most of us use manual all the time.

It MAY do some balancing on the auto pano mode but for single image, not ever seen a single incidence of it doing it.
2021-4-6
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

gnirtS Posted at 4-6 16:08

It seems you have an issue but many other people with many thousands of images dont have this problem at all.

I totally agree. I normally us Auto for most videos except when I know that I will pan from a dark to a light area or the other way around. Then I use manual and try firs until I find a setting that gives best exposure. I believe that this is what the professional videographers use.
2021-4-6
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

kyalami Posted at 4-6 23:48
I totally agree. I normally us Auto for most videos except when I know that I will pan from a dark to a light area or the other way around. Then I use manual and try firs until I find a setting that gives best exposure. I believe that this is what the professional videographers use.

Auto...
2021-4-7
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

gnirtS Posted at 4-6 16:08

You do not see it, your a hobby-flyer that just came around the corner, like to bet on it...
You do not see it because your quality you make is so so lo
2021-4-7
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Sorry meant fixed except for white balance.
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules