DJI customers are beta testers
1457 30 2018-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

I just want to let DJI know that I’m frustrated by the firmware issues with the M2P, the lack of functionality, the lack of response to the resolution/lens query which people have raised and finally how the M2P and Goggles RE aren’t functioning correctly together.

Instead of being a valued customer, I feel like a beta tester. DJI, please show more respect to your customers.
2018-10-7
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome aboard …..
Waiting for an automated copy paste response from a DJI bot.
2018-10-8
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Welcome to the world of being an early adopter of a new product.
2018-10-8
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-8 00:19
Welcome to the world of being an early adopter of a new product.

Congratulations on the purchase of your new car!

But ... but what about the tyres? And the steering wheel! And what about the front window?

Don’t worry, they’ll be rolled (pun intended) out overtime with firmware updates.
2018-10-8
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-10-8 00:12
Welcome aboard …..
Waiting for an automated copy paste response from a DJI bot.

Hi Sky Donkey,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that you’re suffering.

Can you please advise me what firmware version that you’re running?

Can you please update to the latest version?! Oh yes, you’ll need to use the old version of DJI Assistant 2 to update your DJI Goggles RE, and then install the new version of DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware of your M2P.

Oh what?! Is it still not working? Can you please take your drone outside and test fly it there in case there is interference. Oh, is that still not working? Please take the drone to an open paddock with at least a 1km radius of flat land and test the drone there?

I’m sorry, it seems like our quality control has made a mistake, and this drone has slipped through out QA. If you could please send your BRAND new drone back for a 4 week wait while we assess the issue.  Thanks!
Oh sorry, it seems like it was a firmware issue.  Sorry again!
2018-10-8
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-8 01:17
Hi Sky Donkey,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that you’re suffering.

Calm down there, Francis. Sky Donkey wasn't directing any hostility towards you, in fact, it appears he shares in your frustration. He was merely pointing out that a Dji "Moderator" that is probably not even human, but an AI forum bot will be along any moment to copy and paste a response that has nothing to do with your issue.
2018-10-8
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Zatx Posted at 2018-10-8 05:37
Calm down there, Francis. Sky Donkey wasn't directing any hostility towards you, in fact, it appears he shares in your frustration. He was merely pointing out that a Dji "Moderator" that is probably not even human, but an AI forum bot will be along any moment to copy and paste a response that has nothing to do with your issue.

Thanks Zatx. I presume that you’re calling me Francis.

I was being sarcastic in my response to Sky Donkey (not at him, but with him). I attempted to use all of the DJI bot one-liners that I could think of ;-)
I guess that I too need to be patient while DJI deliver the wheels to my new car via a firmware update.
2018-10-8
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Unless someone bought in the first week, most of the issues were known.  If one didn't want to deal with them why did they buy and not wait it out.

I too am frustrated that it is taking so long to address some of them.  But I don't blame DJI for my decision to buy early, nor do I regret it.  I have been having a very good time so far.

2018-10-8
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
Tanzania

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-8 05:48
Thanks Zatx. I presume that you’re calling me Francis.

I was being sarcastic in my response to Sky Donkey (not at him, but with him). I attempted to use all of the DJI bot one-liners that I could think of ;-)

You forgot two critical ones:
Can you send us a screen shot?
What brand/type of SD card do you use?
2018-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think lens issue has already been sorted out, you don’t have a choice, when your processing your footage as you will have to, then you have to spend a short amount of time correcting lens distortion. What is the problem with your goggles ?
2018-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think lens issue has already been sorted out, you don’t have a choice, when your processing your footage as you will have to, then you have to spend a short amount of time correcting lens distortion. What is the problem with your goggles ?
2018-10-8
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

I understand frustration. But do not forget that we are all beta testers in all areas !! And smartfone (samsung / lg / APPLE )). and on operating systems (windows to launch and then hundreds of patches ..) I tell you from my own experience that laboratory tests can NEVER simulate our home conditions! An example? 7 months ago I changed my PC..ok ... after updating to firmware Mavic Pro I was always compass / IMU error. I said ... what the hell is going on?!?!? Then we realized: The USB cable between PC and Mavic is 0.7 meters long. The old PC was with plastic case only the metal edges and the base where the motherboard was caught. The new PC (Dell Optiplex 9xxx) is made of solid iron -including the side caps (good PC for the army I think) and given the small distance from the MP during the usb connection it produced an abnormally high magnetic interference! It was easy to see this by starting the MP at a small distance from the PC body, tracking IMU errors on the application and then moving away from the IMU PC two meters and compressing back to normal instantly! Own experience!
2018-10-8
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

I think almost everyone understands no matter what you buy, new releases will have some problems initially. It is simply not possible as a dev/test team to think of all possible combinations/use cases. But, what DJI need to improve, is how to communicate and share info. I have said it in other posts, a high level, frequently updated roadmap will help a lot. If you read this DJI, pls pls consider doing that.
2018-10-8
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

Honestly, I DON'T understand all the drama. These drones are not cars, so stuff the silly metaphors. No one depends on drones for life, or safety... and if you do, you need a reality check.

Regardless of the name, these things are TOYS and pretty inexpensive for the technology in them.

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and the freaking thing is amazing. I am getting some really nice footage, it flies like a dream compared with my Mavic Pro and I haven't had any problems that can't be dealt with in 2-seconds in Premiere.

Are they perfect? No. Do I care? Not really. I'm enjoying it tremendously and I think its a good value for the money.

I think most of you whiners need to get off the internet and get some sunshine.
2018-10-8
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-8 07:17

Hey hallmark007.

Unfortunately the M2P and Goggles RE aren’t working together. Have a look at this thread if you’re interested. :
M2P and Goggles RE
2018-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-8 13:05
Hey hallmark007.

Unfortunately the M2P and Goggles RE aren’t working together. Have a look at this thread if you’re interested. :

Oh right I see 4 people having a problem on that thread, it sounds similar to when there was no connection to CS, but that was sorted out pretty quickly and I expect this will to. It doesn’t explain why you think your beta tester.
2018-10-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Instead of being a valued customer, I feel like a beta tester.
You are so so so wrong about feeling like a beta tester.  Alpha tester would be closer.   
2018-10-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-10-8 06:44
You forgot two critical ones:
Can you send us a screen shot?
What brand/type of SD card do you use?

And ever popular catch all problem solver, Reformat microSD Card.
2018-10-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-10-8 09:36
I think almost everyone understands no matter what you buy, new releases will have some problems initially. It is simply not possible as a dev/test team to think of all possible combinations/use cases. But, what DJI need to improve, is how to communicate and share info. I have said it in other posts, a high level, frequently updated roadmap will help a lot. If you read this DJI, pls pls consider doing that.

It is simply not possible as a dev/test team to think of all possible combinations/use cases.

A recognized issue with more and more complex systems.  There are issues with systems (aka self driving cars) that are creating their own rules (CPU instructions), in that engineers and programmers can not fully understand the whys and ramifications.

However, that is still not a valid reason to excuse problems.  What it says is engineers and programmers need to re-gain control.  Such problems should not be dumped on customers.  

2018-10-8
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-8 14:06
And ever popular catch all problem solver, Reformat microSD Card.

I like the 'beta tester' analogy because its absolutely spot on!

Can you imagine someday in the not to distant future when space travel is relatively common.

Yes sir..."thanks for contacting us. We apologize.  You were supposed to be on your way home to Mars but we're waiting for a firmware update so in the meantime, you'll have to orbit around the moon.  Thanks for your patience, understanding and business."
2018-10-8
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Seems like I am very much in the minority here. I have no issues at all with my Mavic 2 Pro. The shots and video I have taken so far I feel have been great. No complaints at all. As for the way it handles it is nigh on perfect.

I think the problem here is that too many people watched YouTube vloggers  who think they know what they are on about convince them that the M2P/Zoom was better than the Phantom 4. At no point did DJI ever say it was, yet people keep saying it is a scam and that DJI have ripped them off. Kind of sad that people are still on the “We hate DJI and they have sold us inferior products that they falsely advertised “ bandwagon. Am not a fanboy of DJI, am still upset about the my Spark and it’s pathetic range, but I don’t whine on and on about it.

That is my humble opinion and I am sure a lot of you will disagree.
2018-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Duncandonut Posted at 2018-10-8 14:37
Seems like I am very much in the minority here. I have no issues at all with my Mavic 2 Pro. The shots and video I have taken so far I feel have been great. No complaints at all. As for the way it handles it is nigh on perfect.

I think the problem here is that too many people watched YouTube vloggers  who think they know what they are on about convince them that the M2P/Zoom was better than the Phantom 4. At no point did DJI ever say it was, yet people keep saying it is a scam and that DJI have ripped them off. Kind of sad that people are still on the “We hate DJI and they have sold us inferior products that they falsely advertised “ bandwagon. Am not a fanboy of DJI, am still upset about the my Spark and it’s pathetic range, but I don’t whine on and on about it.

That’s what happens, yes I know re goggles are not working for some and may need a FW SW update, but this drone is working exceptionally well and that’s pretty clear even around here, some vloggers believe jumping on the bandwagon will get more clicks and that’s all some of them are looking for.
2018-10-8
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-8 13:24
Oh right I see 4 people having a problem on that thread, it sounds similar to when there was no connection to CS, but that was sorted out pretty quickly and I expect this will to. It doesn’t explain why you think your beta tester.

This is a satirical thread. People are to serious in this forum and I thought that I’d make a joke about it. At least 75% of the people got the joke.
2018-10-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-8 16:42
This is a satirical thread. People are to serious in this forum and I thought that I’d make a joke about it. At least 75% of the people got the joke.

This is a satirical thread.

2018-10-8
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

The problem here is is that we have seen far too many posts of a similar nature. It is becoming far to common and just a bit tiresome reading posts from people who have jumped onto the "We hate DJI" bandwagon.

2018-10-8
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Duncandonut Posted at 2018-10-8 21:51
The problem here is is that we have seen far too many posts of a similar nature. It is becoming far to common and just a bit tiresome reading posts from people who have jumped onto the "We hate DJI" bandwagon.

I have no problems with DJI. I’ve had a S1000 (the A2 wasn’t very well supported), a phantom 4 which ran like a dream, and now the M2P (which I’ve clocked up 50k without an issue).

I am a little frustrated that DJI didn’t release the technology which they have functional in other products with the M2, like they did with the Mavic Air.

I feel very sorry for the moderators, as their hands are tied, attempting to pacify people with issues, and never receiving feedback from the engineers or programmers, and definitely not being able to come back to the threads and give an accurate answer/response. I strongly feel that DJI have failed their staff.  It’s frustrating when DJI do not give real feedback to their customers.

I do get frustrated with people opposing people with genuine concerns or questions.  It feels like they only want to be here to aggravate/troll people.  Users are here with all levels of experience, so I wish that people were more thoughtful in their responses.

I’ve own the DJI Goggles RE since they were released and have been holding off on purchasing a Mavic until the M2 was released. This is my biggest gripe with DJI, that the interaction between the new M2 and the Goggles RE aren’t functional, especially as they are sold as a package.

People need to chill out! We’re here because we have a similar hobby, here to help with genuine issues and here to help each other learn from others experiences.
2018-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well I think if your joking that’s fine, but if your looking to try get sorted, there is plenty of help, maybe try track down users who are using goggles, they may be able to help.
You can also ask moderators to check with engineers as to either a fix for now, or if they are aware and actually working on it.
I think by using the header Beta Testers, you are more likely to get some of the responses you have been receiving, you will also get others who will jump on the wagon, and this results in what you were trying to get sorted being lost in the mire.
Good Luck.
2018-10-9
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Duncandonut Posted at 2018-10-8 14:37
Seems like I am very much in the minority here. I have no issues at all with my Mavic 2 Pro. The shots and video I have taken so far I feel have been great. No complaints at all. As for the way it handles it is nigh on perfect.

I think the problem here is that too many people watched YouTube vloggers  who think they know what they are on about convince them that the M2P/Zoom was better than the Phantom 4. At no point did DJI ever say it was, yet people keep saying it is a scam and that DJI have ripped them off. Kind of sad that people are still on the “We hate DJI and they have sold us inferior products that they falsely advertised “ bandwagon. Am not a fanboy of DJI, am still upset about the my Spark and it’s pathetic range, but I don’t whine on and on about it.

I have to say so far so good for my M2P. It flies likes a champ, and it manages to land just a foot away from take off just about 90% of the time. Wish the FOV mode had better resolution but that's another subject.
2018-10-9
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

If you think this is supposed to be satire, I think you need to learn what satire actually is. You're not very good at it.
2018-10-9
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This beta-tester blame always comes up with every new drone or FW update.
Whilst being obvioulsy unhappy about issues which I have encountered myself it won't make me join the people who yell at DJI or turn into haters.

Drones are highly sophisticated and complex - why should DJI be better than Airbus, Microsoft, Apple, Volkswagen, or others who continue to f*ck up  and don't admit or communicate? Computers: Just thinking of Spectre and Meltdown.

Has anyone noticed what MS did a few days ago with the Win 10 fall update?
They had to stopp it because it deleted personal files of users!
Airbus NEO: That Masterpiece of a plane is grounded since they can't figure out the engine issues.
Airbus A400M: This thing is mostly grounded because it has thousands of issues.

It'll be always like this with brand new products of this complexity.
As a buyer of a product of that kind I accept or rather expect that flaws will be part of the first releases.

If I can't accept that - I wait.
Like what I learned with every new Microsoft operating system:
I never install a new system until the first major upgrade has been released.
But MS still can't get it together - since decades!

2018-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi UNsyncED, have a look at this video it might help with getting some satisfaction out of your goggles.

2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules