New Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Firmware Released (10/08/2018)
38835 38835 2018-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2018.10.08
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.20.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.20.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.01.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.2
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.0

What’s New?
  • Added support for Ground Station Pro (GS Pro).
  • Updated the video transmission system to OcuSync 2.0.
  • Added support to connect two DJI Goggles through Multiuser Mode (Currently only available on iOS and requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or above).
  • Fixed an issue when moving the remote controller control sticks in Gain & Expo Tuning where the EXP value moved erratically.

Notes:
  • When using the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 with GS Pro, connect the remote controller to the PC before powering on the remote controller and the aircraft.
  • Once the firmware is updated, it cannot revert to a previous version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and app, and try updating again.

2018-10-8
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Nice !!
2018-10-8
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update went smoothly, now the real test will be later today when it gets in the air.
2018-10-8
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

So increased range with OcuSync 2.0?
2018-10-8
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
  • >>>
United States

DId it fix the slow yaw problem? No mention of it. Been dealing with it since May, will update when I get home.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=168557
2018-10-8
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

DiamondKing1976 Posted at 2018-10-8 12:48
DId it fix the slow yaw problem? No mention of it. Been dealing with it since May, will update when I get home.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=168557

Looks to me the yaw problem is non existent. Quick and responsive.
2018-10-8
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

What does Occusync 2.0 do for us? Can someone also explain why I see "support for 2.4ghz only"  message and no choice for 5.8 transmissions?
2018-10-8
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Why do not show on announcement class ?
2018-10-8
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft

Successful install
2018-10-8
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I can't say it fixed the slow yaw issue. I am absolutely disgusted with the drone. I have had it for 5 months now, hoping a firmware update would fix the issue. I have calibrated everything 10x. I would contact them for a repair, but I really don't think it will fix it as I have a friend I flew with that has the same issues. I wish I had some recourse.

Example after FW upgrade, hands off the controller: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bek8qVtiUi8wHBWGA
2018-10-8
Use props
djiuser_sJwS7HBAqfXV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312890 ft

Airport Dog Posted at 2018-10-8 13:46
What does Occusync 2.0 do for us? Can someone also explain why I see "support for 2.4ghz only"  message and no choice for 5.8 transmissions?

I would like an answer for that as well. Update my firmware today and now I have video signal loss and significantly reduced range after the update to V01.00.2000. It seems to only be transmitting on 2.4ghz. The 5ghz option, and both options are now missing. I'm not sure if this is specific to P4V2.0 plus or others as well.  Seems like this firmware update has issues.
2018-10-8
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

djiuser_sJwS7HBAqfXV Posted at 2018-10-8 19:34
I would like an answer for that as well. Update my firmware today and now I have video signal loss and significantly reduced range after the update to V01.00.2000. It seems to only be transmitting on 2.4ghz. The 5ghz option, and both options are now missing. I'm not sure if this is specific to P4V2.0 plus or others as well.  Seems like this firmware update has issues.

After firmware update try use DJI Assistant 2 to reset factory and see how it work.
2018-10-8
Use props
n55w132
lvl.2

Nelsonlee Posted at 2018-10-8 21:47
After firmware update try use DJI Assistant 2 to reset factory and see how it work.

I actually tried that today because the firmware update using DGI GO 4 fails every time at Controller 100% Progress 99% update failed. Reason code: 0x020d0101

Only way I can update (had to do it once for each battery) was to use DJI Assistant 2.0 and then do a factory reset each time.

Now several of the video signal options are gone. The box is grayed out stating 2.4ghz only and my transmission range is significantly reduced as compared to post .2000 firmware.
2018-10-8
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

n55w132 Posted at 2018-10-8 22:04
I actually tried that today because the firmware update using DGI GO 4 fails every time at Controller 100% Progress 99% update failed. Reason code: 0x020d0101

Only way I can update (had to do it once for each battery) was to use DJI Assistant 2.0 and then do a factory reset each time.

In this case maybe you can try uninstall the DJI Go 4 apps, delete all the dji go folder on your phone and download install again and see how it can work or not.
2018-10-8
Use props
n55w132
lvl.2

Nelsonlee Posted at 2018-10-8 22:22
In this case maybe you can try uninstall the DJI Go 4 apps, delete all the dji go folder on your phone and download install again and see how it can work or not.

Thank-you for the help and suggestions. However I have a Pro+

I am wondering if this is related to the go app? and if anyone else has noticed the degraded video range. I used to be able to fly out 14k + feet with no loss of video. Now I can't get beyond 1500.
2018-10-8
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

n55w132 Posted at 2018-10-8 22:34
Thank-you for the help and suggestions. However I have a Pro+

I am wondering if this is related to the go app? and if anyone else has noticed the degraded video range. I used to be able to fly out 14k + feet with no loss of video. Now I can't get beyond 1500.

In the Pro+ go into setting and do restore factory default, wait to reboot then try it again. Make sure you have to login dji go account on your Pro+. Hope this can solve your issue.
2018-10-8
Use props
n55w132
lvl.2

Nelsonlee Posted at 2018-10-8 22:47
In the Pro+ go into setting and do restore factory default, wait to reboot then try it again. Make sure you have to login dji go account on your Pro+. Hope this can solve your issue.

Thank-you, I tried that as well. I am wondering if it is an occusync 2.0 issue?

On another possibility I do have standard goggles and I know they only work on 2.4ghz and force the controller into 2.4ghz only. However I am not using them. But since they have been linked, even though not turned on I am wondering if it has locked my controller into 2.4ghz only.

In any event I still wonder why the 3 option choices that used to be there now only show 2.4ghz only.

Does anyone else still see the 5.0ghz or both option after the V01.00.2000 update?
2018-10-8
Use props
oneworldpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1629026 ft
  • >>>

[Notes: When using the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 with GS Pro, connect the remote controller to the PC before powering on the remote controller and the aircraft.]
Are you saying we can now use DJI GS Pro on the P4p+ v2.0 ‘Plus’ controller?   This would be great...  How do we install GS Pro (an IOS app) on the Android monitor on the controller?  I’m aware how to install 3rd party apps on the Android monitor, but have not been able to map with this P4p+ v2.0 drone.  Please provide any information about this issue.  Thanks.

[Received answer from DJI today 10-7-18 on the issue of the Plus model controller with Android monitor and DJI GS Pro:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Please know that it is our goal to help and resolve this problem. We will be assisting you on this matter.​​

With regards to the release notes, we do apologize for the confusion. It is for using the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 with GS Pro on PC.

As of the moment, it is not possible for the GS Pro to be installed in the built in monitor in the remote controller.

Oh Well....
2018-10-9
Use props
Ron2800
New
United States

oneworldpilot Posted at 2018-10-9 04:14
[Notes: When using the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V2.0 with GS Pro, connect the remote controller to the PC before powering on the remote controller and the aircraft.]
Are you saying we can now use DJI GS Pro on the P4p+ v2.0 ‘Plus’ controller?   This would be great...  How do we install GS Pro (an IOS app) on the Android monitor on the controller?  I’m aware how to install 3rd party apps on the Android monitor, but have not been able to map with this P4p+ v2.0 drone.  Please provide any information about this issue.  Thanks.

I would like to be able to use GS Pro on my Phantom 4 Pro+ also.
2018-10-9
Use props
Uschi’s Phantom
lvl.2
United States

I applied the firmware last night with no problems and expect to get to try it out later this afternoon.
2018-10-9
Use props
katho3d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32989 ft
Austria

Hello, I have to report a bug with the new firmware. Since the update the right dial for the camera settings is much to sensitive.
If you push it and spin, you can´t set a precise value.
2018-10-9
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

katho3d Posted at 2018-10-9 23:14
Hello, I have to report a bug with the new firmware. Since the update the right dial for the camera settings is much to sensitive.

Agreee. example 4.5F jump on 7 F in one step.
2018-10-9
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1371919 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DiamondKing1976 Posted at 2018-10-8 18:50
I can't say it fixed the slow yaw issue. I am absolutely disgusted with the drone. I have had it for 5 months now, hoping a firmware update would fix the issue. I have calibrated everything 10x. I would contact them for a repair, but I really don't think it will fix it as I have a friend I flew with that has the same issues. I wish I had some recourse.

Example after FW upgrade, hands off the controller: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bek8qVtiUi8wHBWGA

Unfortunately for me and a friend slow yaw drift is a pain in the a$$ as well on this drone. Long exposures are absolutely impossible. Apart from this, the build in Tablet with a terrible software which is always versions behind on what’s available via the Android Playstore, I am seriously unimpressed by this drone.
2018-10-10
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Dude in DB Posted at 2018-10-10 02:54
Unfortunately for me and a friend slow yaw drift is a pain in the a$$ as well on this drone. Long exposures are absolutely impossible. Apart from this, the build in Tablet with a terrible software which is always versions behind on what’s available via the Android Playstore, I am seriously unimpressed by this drone.

I finally got around to calling DJI about the issue. No surprise, I was told to send the drone in. What else can I do? I am skeptical if the issue will be fixed by sending it in. I believe the Mavic Pro had the same issues originally and it was fixed with a FW update.

What I find really concerning about the issue is there is no response from DJI about the issue. My post about issues connecting Goggles to the drone, answered same day. I started a post about this issue in another thread, no response.
2018-10-10
Use props
gamer100
New

United States

yes good think
2018-10-10
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1371919 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DiamondKing1976 Posted at 2018-10-10 05:41
I finally got around to calling DJI about the issue. No surprise, I was told to send the drone in. What else can I do? I am skeptical if the issue will be fixed by sending it in. I believe the Mavic Pro had the same issues originally and it was fixed with a FW update.

What I find really concerning about the issue is there is no response from DJI about the issue. My post about issues connecting Goggles to the drone, answered same day. I started a post about this issue in another thread, no response.

I have made an appointment with the DJI Flagship store here in Hong Kong and for sure they will have to repair it. If they send me back with the drone still yawing like they have done  I will in turn handing it in again. If by then there is still no fix I will make a big stink and demand my money back.

So far this particular Phantom has been a disappointment. My original P4 was a much better craft.
2018-10-10
Use props
janetwatson
lvl.1

Pakistan

nice post, thanks for the info
2018-10-11
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709 ft
United States

I am having problems after the update installation.  Posted the issue yesterday and today my comments are gone. So much for my problem.
2018-10-12
Use props
klarabee1
lvl.1

United States

I agree, nice post, thanks for the info!
2018-10-12
Use props
Mavic_Timo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773025 ft
Kosovo

I'm owner of a P4P+ for two days now.
I updated right after unboxing. So I'm not able to compare to older FW versions.

But for you guys with the CS - do you also receive a message "Latest version available V01.00.01.00(06.14)" though your current version is 01.00.01.00???
I did the update 3 times in a row. OTA and from SD card. Nothing helped.

Plus I recognized today, I can't calibrate my gimbal. Stucks at 50%.
Guess I will return it :-(

Good start with a new drone, isn't it?
2018-10-12
Use props
fans677d1ef5
New
Flight distance : 5876 ft

Hi there for some reason after I updated the firmware on my P4P 2.0 the gimbal has quit working and there is nothing on my app that indicates there is an issue with it. The camera still has its signal but I can't  adjust it up or down.  I re calibrated the IMU , gimbal, compass with all saying successful  but nothing has changed. I factory reset every setting I could but the issue still there. It's practically brand new, never been crashed and I catch land it to be gentile with the gimbal. I bought this one b/c of the similar gimbal issue I was having with may P4A. I saw a video that someone posted about downgrading the firmware and this fixed his gimbal issue  but it seems that there is no way to do that anymore since there have removed this option too. DJI is really starting to get slack with the software side of these drones and I don't have another $1500 to buy a new drone. Any help would be very much appreciated and the option to downgrade my software until y'all can get these issues resolved would be great too. Thanks much
2018-10-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

I have a new phantom 4pro v2.0. I enter the serious problem I’m having, hit the post key and it didn’t post but saved it in my account as a “draft”. I can look at it and have pressed every key trying to post it. Help
2018-10-13
Use props
Mavic_Timo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773025 ft
Kosovo

fans677d1ef5 Posted at 2018-10-12 18:57
Hi there for some reason after I updated the firmware on my P4P 2.0 the gimbal has quit working and there is nothing on my app that indicates there is an issue with it. The camera still has its signal but I can't  adjust it up or down.  I re calibrated the IMU , gimbal, compass with all saying successful  but nothing has changed. I factory reset every setting I could but the issue still there. It's practically brand new, never been crashed and I catch land it to be gentile with the gimbal. I bought this one b/c of the similar gimbal issue I was having with may P4A. I saw a video that someone posted about downgrading the firmware and this fixed his gimbal issue  but it seems that there is no way to do that anymore since there have removed this option too. DJI is really starting to get slack with the software side of these drones and I don't have another $1500 to buy a new drone. Any help would be very much appreciated and the option to downgrade my software until y'all can get these issues resolved would be great too. Thanks much

As I understand DJI, downgrading is not possible since the last update.
Maybe it's because of the change to ocusync 2...

However, I feel a bit of glad I'm not the only one with issues after this update.
Still thinking about returning it or sending it to DJI.
Why do we have this problems and other users with the P4P V2.0 don't?

I want to know the reason, DJI!
2018-10-13
Use props
Sergio069
lvl.1
Flight distance : 748 ft
Belgium

Hello,

Just upgrade today my P4P+ to latest firmware?
I use stick mode 1. Changing stick mode seems not to be saved. The remote always go back to mode 2.
I have to change stick mode each time powering up the remote.
It seems to be a bug !!?
Not easy not to forget changing stick mode each time powering up your remote controller…..!
Any suggestion?

Thanks

Serge
2018-10-13
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

I have a new phantom 4 pro v2.0 and installed the update yesterday using DJI GO 4 app. The installation completed and said all was ok.  Went out for test flight, for starters I pressed auto takeoff after getting green status. Phantom started, took off and started going straight up. When it passed thru 100 feet I applied full down on throttle to stop climb and descend. Took about 15 seconds for it to respond and start down, it came down very fast and had to apply increase throttle from center stick position to slow descend.  I landed it, shut down and decided to reinstall update via USB and PC vis Assistant 2.  Also used Assistant to set back to defaults. Prior to flight changed stick eq to 3.5 instead of 4. Finished that and waited until this morning to test again.  Took off manually and all seem ok, Phantom was not holding altitude very good, up and down 2 feet. Took it up higher, to 25 ft and hover seemed better. decided to climb little more, applied slight up throttle and Phantom started climbing like it was being chased. I starting applying down throttle and it stopped very high, was hard to see and I wasn’t looking at altitude readout. Tried RTH, noting happened, gave full down throttle and after 10-15 seconds started down and I relaxed down position of throttle to only slight down but it didn’t slow. At 30-40 feet I started applying more up throttle to slow/stop descent and got it to stop descending at 5 feet, my fence height, and then manually landed.

I am not flying this Phantom again and on Saturday’s can’t talk to support. Very upset with this after spending over $1500.  Have been building my own drones for 5 years, using other DJI products,  and never experienced this problem.  I want to go back to older version.  Help!
Chandler
2018-10-13
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

Charliechan12 Posted at 2018-10-13 09:23
I have a new phantom 4pro v2.0. I enter the serious problem I’m having, hit the post key and it didn’t post but saved it in my account as a “draft”. I can look at it and have pressed every key trying to post it. Help

Got the post in #35
2018-10-13
Use props
Cliff_622
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512005 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add me to this yaw drift issue. No matter how many times I calibrate the gimblal, compass and IMU, the yaw still drifts a few degrees.

When hovering still, it will yaw to the left slowly.
When flying straight, it will yaw left or right slowly.
When orbiting around an object, yaw will suddenly reset itself and "slash" left or right...completely ruining the shot.

This is my SECOND P4P+V2.0. I sent my last one in for DJI to repair. They actually sent me a 100% new P4P+v2.0 and this new one STILL does the exact same thing! I just installed the new firmware and will fly tomorrow to test it.

btw,...I even tried vertical gimbal calibration and still did not help. It almost seems to me the the IMU and compass just dont have the data resolution to determine they that are drifting. It's almost as though teh drone is completely unaware that it's compass is moving in small increments.

This is really bad! My Mavic Air, Mavic-2 Zoom and Mavic-2 Pro do NOT do this in ANY way ate all. This is strictly a P4P apparent defect.

DJJ. What are you doing about this?

CT
2018-10-13
Use props
fans722405a6
New
Flight distance : 710764 ft
Australia

katho3d Posted at 2018-10-9 23:14

Im having rhe same issue
2018-10-14
Use props
fans722405a6
New
Flight distance : 710764 ft
Australia

I can second and confirm the issue with the right camera settings dial being too sensitive and jumping multiple values between each graduation
2018-10-14
Use props
Sergio069
lvl.1
Flight distance : 748 ft
Belgium

I decide to stop flying this firmware  with my P4P+ !
It is no stable.
DJI go stop working during flight !!!
We need older firmware!
Sorry but is it a firmware or a big BUG?
Regards.
Serge.
2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules