Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Controller - Somthing loose inside
478 13 2018-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

Hello

I have had my Spark now for about 9 months and love it. I now have somthin loose inside the controller. As I pick it up I can hear something loose rattling about. Has anyone else had this issue. And also how do I go about raising a warranty repair. And how long does this usually take

Thanks

Dennis
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi Bigplumbs, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Can you please verify if your from US, if yes please click this link : https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav to fill up the form and submit it for repair. Thanks!
2018-10-8
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Is it working normally? If it is don't worry.
2018-10-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

No I am in the UK
2018-10-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Hi you may need to click on the reply button so that the admin get notification of your reply
2018-10-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-10-8 04:57
Hi Bigplumbs, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Can you please verify if your from US, if yes please click this link : https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav to fill up the form and submit it for repair. Thanks!

No I am in the UK
2018-10-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-10-8 06:11
Hi you may need to click on the reply button so that the admin get notification of your reply

Thanks Have done
2018-10-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

You are welcome mate
hope you get it fixed well
2018-10-8
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Dennis,

If you are brave enough and willing to possibly lose warranty, you can open it and look what is rattling around.
See how it is done without destroying anything.
I'd recommend to not use the R/C...it could be something metallic and it can short out stuff. Of course, that only happens mid-flight

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi Bigplumbs, since you're in UK please send an email to support.nl@dji.com. Thanks!
2018-10-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-10-8 07:05
Hi Bigplumbs, since you're in UK please send an email to . Thanks!

Having read several posts about DJI Support I could not be bothered sending it back and the Shop I bought it from  (Jessops) were rude and useless So I decided to see if I could get the little item out myself. Watching the video above all I did was remove the 2 pieces near the arm supports which was simply just 2 small allen screws. I could then see the inside to some extent. I then shook the controller gently a couple of times and out popped a small screw. See the attached pics.

So this must have been poor assembly at the DJI factory. This is a pointed self tapper style screw and if it  was in tight it would never have gotten loose. I would be interested in DJI's comments here.

I suspect it was an extra screw that dropped of the tip of the assembly screw driver and the worker left it where it fell and just put another in. They are judged on output in most factories

Either way it is out and my controller is working fine as it was even when it was in there. But I felt it should be got out so as not to short somthing
2018-10-9
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Shoddy assembly,, good news for fixing this without DJi!
2018-10-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>

Flighty Posted at 2018-10-11 21:14
Shoddy assembly,, good news for fixing this without DJi!

Thanks

I suspect if I had sent it back to DJI they would have simply done what I did and sent it back to me. Ie after removing the screw they would not have investigated further.

I Note that none of the DJI super hero's have commented about this yet
2018-10-11
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-10-9 23:52
Having read several posts about DJI Support I could not be bothered sending it back and the Shop I bought it from  (Jessops) were rude and useless So I decided to see if I could get the little item out myself. Watching the video above all I did was remove the 2 pieces near the arm supports which was simply just 2 small allen screws. I could then see the inside to some extent. I then shook the controller gently a couple of times and out popped a small screw. See the attached pics.

So this must have been poor assembly at the DJI factory. This is a pointed self tapper style screw and if it  was in tight it would never have gotten loose. I would be interested in DJI's comments here.

Great to hear you fixed the problem!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules